Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Get Cooper fucking out of here  (Read 43462 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #90 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 13:15:23 »

Probably a coincidence, but it definitely seems the level of enthusiasm has dropped since Jed left. Just saying!

It was exactly the same when Diamandis left.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #91 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 13:21:38 »

Therein lies the problem for most people.

Pre-season we were told we'd be an attacking, entertaining team and be prepared for a deluge of 4-3 scorelines.

For a couple of months we were.

How and why we have morphed into a boring, sterile team is what has got people moaning

Notwithstanding the two games against Peterborough and the game against Port Vale last month eh?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 14:19:25 »

Shh

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
kerry red

« Reply #93 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 16:35:05 »

Notwithstanding the two games against Peterborough and the game against Port Vale last month eh?

Peterborough pissed all over us in the 2nd half at the CG, following a pattern of us taking the lead and blowing it.

Away at Peterborough was fine - but both those games were Tin Pot games.

The shite served up against Oldham, Colchester, Orient, Crawley, MK and even the win against Shrews lingers longer than a half decent showing in a cup tie.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 17:23:17 »

Peterborough pissed all over us in the 2nd half at the CG, following a pattern of us taking the lead and blowing it.

Away at Peterborough was fine - but both those games were Tin Pot games.

The shite served up against Oldham, Colchester, Orient, Crawley, MK and even the win against Shrews lingers longer than a half decent showing in a cup tie.
You need to call the samaritans
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 17:37:48 »

How long before we hear Cooper out chants ?

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #96 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 17:40:50 »

I don't think we'll hear them this season. If we start badly next season though I can see it. Saying that defeats to Wolves, City and a crap performance home to PNE might swing it. 
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 18:09:45 »

Last few home matches have been reminiscent of 10/11 after the sale of Austin - just with more effort from the players. Equally as devoid of creativity and a similar set up with us sat deep and a lone, isolated striker. I didn't realise quite how integral Ranger is to our game.

There are already signs the natives are getting restless and with some tough home matches coming up Cooper could do with a good result or two, starting at Ashton Gate on Saturday.

Tomorrow night is a 'free' match for Cooper, lose and it is expected (as long as the effort is there), a point would be considered a great result and a win would be remarkable considering Wolves run of form. I think we might just get something.

What gets me, as I said in the match day thread is that many people wanted a relegation free and mid table season and that is what they are getting, many predicted the worse. Is it the same people who are now up in arms that we are 8th?

I think if Power has ambition of a push to exit the league next season then I think he will look elsewhere for a manager, but all things considered Cooper has done a reasonable job and has steadied the ship after a summer of upheaval. Patience is key, and I am sure Power has that.

kerry red

« Reply #98 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 18:14:49 »

It's nothing to do with league position.

It's simply fans are perplexed as to why we have gone from a stylish, entertaining team to the turgid, boring outfit we are now.

We could be in exactly the same position now with exactly the same results but if the performances had been up to par nobody would be saying a word
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 18:20:22 »

It's nothing to do with league position.

It's simply fans are perplexed as to why we have gone from a stylish, entertaining team to the turgid, boring outfit we are now.

We could be in exactly the same position now with exactly the same results but if the performances had been up to par nobody would be saying a word

This
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 18:31:35 »

The fact we are still 8th shows what a piss poor league it is. 1 win in 10 and we haven't dropped down the table.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 18:37:44 »

I think most worrying is the fact that when things go wrong Cooper doesn't seem to be able to stop the rot and turn things around. He's never been able sort the away form all season and now the same has happened to our home form he seems equally lost which doesn't bode well.
If as most believe Power runs true show then Cooper has 3 jobs; fitness, training and in match tactics all of which we seem to have major issues with at the moment....
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 18:45:45 »

I have lots of questions I'd like to ask Cooper. Firstly, why is Miles Storey out on loan ? We are toothless up front and miss Ranger massively. I don't think I'll ever be a fan of 1 up front either.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 18:53:43 »

Firstly, why is Miles Storey out on loan ?
Because he isn't very good.
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 19:01:53 »

How long until we hear a chant emanating round the County Ground again.... Crowd's dead as a dodo! I do think that the style of football (slow and ponderous with one up front) has a direct impact on the noise of the crowd.

What I'd give for the last 20-25 minutes against Coventry City again - attack, attack, attack! Ranger and Storey giving us a large and quick front-two combination that scared the shit out of teams!

I'm a die-hard but this has been a pretty miserable run of home games to endure. Dull and lifeless. Thank god the next two games will inevitably have some atmosphere due to the large number of Wolves fans and the Westcountry derby against Bristol City.

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: