Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2014 Fifa World Cup  (Read 37462 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #90 on: Friday, March 7, 2014, 12:32:50 »

Is it really that hard? Pick the best team, no matter how their age.

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Friday, March 7, 2014, 12:39:48 »

People stupidly will think we have a chance so the tried and failed old guard will go.
Woy will have to go along with it due to pressure so the same old shit will continue.

Go with a side for the future, plan ahead and if the young kids do well in Brazil then that's a bonus. Aint gonna happen though.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Friday, March 7, 2014, 12:54:33 »

I'm not seeing these comments by media or fans alike who are saying we stand a chance. For laughs alone, where can I read these?

Personally, I don't see the logic in shunning the old guard purely on the basis that they're not going to be playing in Euro 2016. If their form is poor or they're not fit then by all means look elsewhere but if they remain good enough then they've got to go, right?

The problems Hodgson faces go far beyond simply selecting a squad. Hopefully we'll have sorted ourselves out within a decade because it's a travesty that we've got ourselves into this mess internationally.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Friday, March 7, 2014, 12:55:35 »

Is it really that hard? Pick the best team, no matter how their age.

If we had a chance of maybe, perhaps winning then I agree but, with the current squad, which includes the Olde Guard, that chance doesn't exist.

Lets stop deluding ourselves and accept that fact- our best team isn't good enough so, why pick what folk think is our current best team? Just so we can scrape out of the group stages and get embarrased at the knock out stages? It is going to happen anyway so lets get the inexperienced youngsters the International game time they need to develop into a National squad with potential.

Much though I hate to admit it, Ferguson did the right thing at Manure when he took over. Said fuck it to requirements to play his best team at the time as it wasn't good enough. He went down the youth route and look where it got him.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Friday, March 7, 2014, 13:16:00 »

What "old guard" are people talking about?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Friday, March 7, 2014, 13:54:11 »

Yeah, anyone over the age of 25 doesn't deserve to be in the England team.  Roll Eyes

Rubbish. Gerrard's captain and deserves to be so- our best and most consistent performer year after year. This is probably his last chance to go to a World Cup and even if it wasn't he'd deserve to be in the team. He always looks good, even when the team around him is shit, in fact, he seems to work harder when he knows everyone else is being fucking lazy.

Not that we shouldn't blood the youngsters (far from it), but having a selection of old heads smattered about the squad is necessary. Gerrard, Cole and (possibly) Lampard deserve to be there. Rooney fucking doesn't and can go and shag grannies and be bald elsewhere.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Friday, March 7, 2014, 14:28:07 »

Yeah, anyone over the age of 25 doesn't deserve to be in the England team.  Roll Eyes

Rubbish. Gerrard's captain and deserves to be so- our best and most consistent performer year after year. This is probably his last chance to go to a World Cup and even if it wasn't he'd deserve to be in the team. He always looks good, even when the team around him is shit, in fact, he seems to work harder when he knows everyone else is being fucking lazy.

Not that we shouldn't blood the youngsters (far from it), but having a selection of old heads smattered about the squad is necessary. Gerrard, Cole and (possibly) Lampard deserve to be there. Rooney fucking doesn't and can go and shag grannies and be bald elsewhere.

rooney doesn't deserve to get in the england squad?  Clap  Girl Giggle
DMR

« Reply #97 on: Friday, March 7, 2014, 15:16:40 »

I fucking hate Wayne Rooney.

Put him on the plane but only on the provision that someone pushes the cunt out when they're above the Atlantic.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Friday, March 7, 2014, 15:24:13 »

Why would we be including Gerrard, Lampard, Cole? To what end?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #99 on: Friday, March 7, 2014, 15:26:04 »

Because they are the golden generation and have massive experience of underperforming in major tournaments.
kerry red

« Reply #100 on: Friday, March 7, 2014, 15:36:54 »

I think,I can safely say that no matter which players, which manager and almost any era you care to think of, watching England ain't changed a jot.

And now trying to get the tanglefooted morons to attempt some poor mans version of possession football is, if possible, even worse.

And as mentioned in another thread it is hardly surprising when John Beck and, now, Boothroyd are on England's coaching staff.

And yet 80,000 or so still turn up expecting what?

I prefer one of those really satisfying dumps
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Friday, March 7, 2014, 15:41:27 »

I'm not seeing these comments by media or fans alike who are saying we stand a chance. For laughs alone, where can I read these?

Personally, I don't see the logic in shunning the old guard purely on the basis that they're not going to be playing in Euro 2016. If their form is poor or they're not fit then by all means look elsewhere but if they remain good enough then they've got to go, right?

The problems Hodgson faces go far beyond simply selecting a squad. Hopefully we'll have sorted ourselves out within a decade because it's a travesty that we've got ourselves into this mess internationally.

The national sides problems run far deeper than a few picks for the WC....essentially the entire structure of English football from grass roots up is fucked....this has been known about for years, dating back to say the Chester Report of 1968, but change is slow, and the national team suffers as a consequence.

The Premier League was started with the FA's connivance, in the belief it would improve standards, it hasn't for the England team, rather just reduced the pool of available players.

The FA finally tried to catch up with the French, by opening this St George's place in Burton, I suppose time will tell if it will be a help, but atm we're still way behind other major nations in terms of producing talent, and there was plenty of evidence in the summer at age group levels that it will get worse before better.

Unfortunately as long as the Prem trough is awash money, then no club is going to take a chance on player development.

Think it was Fuzzy who mentioned Ferguson at ManU, but his star crop coincided with the then UEFA rule about a having to use a certain number of home grown players in Champion's League games....a rule soon ditched by the EU as being illegal.

Coincidence or not. Soton get held up as an example, and they do have a decent record, but the policy helped them get relegated to Div 3, and it was when down with us that the likes of Lallana started
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Friday, March 7, 2014, 18:21:21 »

rooney doesn't deserve to get in the england squad?  Clap  Girl Giggle

No. No he doesn't. Not on the form he's displayed over the past few years for England. He can fuck right off back to Manure and take his 300k/week and cunty attitude with him.

Why would we be including Gerrard, Lampard, Cole? To what end?

Because they're some of the country's best players, and as we've seen this season, having a team made up of youngsters is not partners with consistency. You need to have a backbone of experience in there.

After all the money the FA spends on sending the team out there etc. there is no point in the manager then turning around and going 'oh yeah, we're just going to use this as an exercise in trying out a new team'. You have to at least attempt to pick your best squad and win. I don't expect us to do anything, but it would be nice to at least try.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #103 on: Friday, March 7, 2014, 19:25:38 »

Another Rooney hater here. After SA he should have been told to fuck off. A person who demands loyalty and respect from all around him and who would fuck off to another club if they paid him 5 pence more than Man U and would shag any bird who flashed her false teeth and stretch marks at him. A truly hateful little cunt who sums up why people have stopped caring about England and hate Premiership football.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #104 on: Friday, March 7, 2014, 19:26:03 »

Rooney is one of the most overrated players of all time.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: