Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2014 Fifa World Cup  (Read 37788 times)
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, March 6, 2014, 16:05:46 »

We are not going to win. Forget the Semis. Aim for the quarters and blood the next generation. This should be where we start our pteperation for the next Euros and the 2018 World Cup.

Drop Rooney, Cole, Lampard, Gerrard etc.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, March 6, 2014, 16:30:42 »

We are not going to win. Forget the Semis. Aim for the quarters and blood the next generation. This should be where we start our pteperation for the next Euros and the 2018 World Cup.

Agree to some extent.

Rooney was dire last night, his shooting particularly poor, maybe next time he should wear football boots instead of Timberlands (courtesy of Simon Ferry).

Gerrard is class still and I thought played well. This will be one last hurrah for him I reckon.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, March 6, 2014, 16:45:20 »

If we get out of the group stage, that would be a massive achievement...as I've pointed out before there are only 5 countries in world football with a winning head to head v England and Italy and Uruguay are two of them.  This England side hasn't many  individual talents, but if Woy can somehow find a team, then it could be interesting.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #78 on: Thursday, March 6, 2014, 17:05:54 »

Drop Gerrard because he won't be at the next one? Top logic.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, March 6, 2014, 17:09:16 »

It's incredible, to me, that there's any optimism apart from the possibility of a plucky knockout stages elimination.

England coukd do with an Italia '90 overachievement to capture the hearts and minds of anyone who cares.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, March 6, 2014, 17:36:12 »

Id like to have seen us line up last night

Forster/butland
Johnson davies cahill shaw
Henderson gerrard
Townsend lallana sterling
Sturridge

CB is a huge problem area for england and we played a lot better once rooney went off imo!

Oh and we wont get out of the group so play young players with a mind to euro 2016
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, March 6, 2014, 17:46:16 »

Select the best players whether they're 18 or 36. The World Cup to Euro Qualifiers is a good enough crossover if players like Lampard, Cole and Gerrard decide to call it a day internationally afterwards.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, March 6, 2014, 17:48:10 »

It's incredible, to me, that there's any optimism apart from the possibility of a plucky knockout stages elimination.

England coukd do with an Italia '90 overachievement to capture the hearts and minds of anyone who cares.

What I find amazing, is that impressive numbers still turn out at Wembley, to support the side.

Last night I watched Spain v Italy, fascinating game, between the last two winners of the WC. Spain will probably leave behind at least a dozen players who'd walk into the England squad, but the Vincente Calderon, which holds around 40,000 was at best 3/4 full.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, March 6, 2014, 18:38:17 »

Forster/butland
Henderson gerrard
Sturridge

CB is a huge problem area for england and we played a lot better once rooney went off imo!

Oh and we wont get out of the group so play young players with a mind to euro 2016

Can't argue with that, except for Glen Johnson at RB who is one of those players who I just cannot stand. Are there any other decent English RB's? At all?!?

It's a friendly, don't crock players who'll probably be in the squad anyway, use the opportunity to blood some young guns who probably won't get to play in the WC but will be around the squad nonetheless. Keepers especially- if Hart gets injured, precisely how many minutes have Forster and Butland played for England? Don't want to be chucking them in at the deep end.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, March 6, 2014, 19:52:04 »

Can't argue with that, except for Glen Johnson at RB who is one of those players who I just cannot stand. Are there any other decent English RB's? At all?!?

It's a friendly, don't crock players who'll probably be in the squad anyway, use the opportunity to blood some young guns who probably won't get to play in the WC but will be around the squad nonetheless. Keepers especially- if Hart gets injured, precisely how many minutes have Forster and Butland played for England? Don't want to be chucking them in at the deep end.
Only one I can think off is callum chambers of Southampton but dont think he is ready yet!

Thats exactly my point re keepers, hart gets injured we have a huge issue as noone else has any experience or exposure at international level.

Also there is fuck all point playing sturridge and putting him out wide when he is the best striker we have - play him down the middle or not at all.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, March 6, 2014, 21:23:36 »

Forster/butland
Henderson gerrard
Sturridge

I actually watched last night to see If it was worth watching the WC. (It isn't). I don't watch much apart from us, but cant believe how fucking crap Rooney is. He was like a kid in the playground taking corners, free kicks, anything, all badly. I'd have taken him round the bike sheds and given him a kicking for being a greedy twat, but it looks like someone already did (cheap shot Smiley
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, March 7, 2014, 08:55:41 »

Drop Gerrard because he won't be at the next one? Top logic.

The logic is that we need to develop those that will be at the next one. Accept the inevitable. Someone other than England is going to win the 2014 World Cup. Choose a target- 2016 Euros' 2018 World Cup and start developing the squad to win that competition NOW. As it stands, someone other than England is going to win everything up to and including the eat everything on the big plate challenge in The Resteraunt At The End Of The Universe.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #87 on: Friday, March 7, 2014, 12:23:24 »

Dropping our best player to blood a new one at a major international tournament is not logical, and there's no way you can dress it up to make it so.

It'd be like us dropping Ranger for the play offs so we could blood Smith for next year. IE, fucking stupid.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, March 7, 2014, 12:26:30 »

If you say so.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #89 on: Friday, March 7, 2014, 12:31:24 »

I'm with stupid fuzzy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: