Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2014 Fifa World Cup  (Read 37720 times)
Cookie

Ignore
« on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 16:12:12 »

I love a world cup me and although I don't think Italia 90 has been bettered in the intervening years I'm still very excited for next year. (apart from the english) I don't care who wins just that there is some drama and excitement along the way. I know a fair few will claim to have no interest in England but there's much more to it than that. Will the Spaniards possession their way to the final, can Brazil capitalise on the support provided by the buxom locals or will the there be a surprise package? I can't wait to find out.

Which brings me to the draw, in my opinion England will need a bit of luck today if we're to see the 2nd round but it'd probably be more exciting to be pitted against some better teams before the inevitable happens. Still, fine margins win matches as David Platt showed in Bologna. The draw itself is just right in the complicated stakes and if I can gather correctly I reckon the best case scenario today would be Switzerland, Algeria and Honduras but If I'm honest I haven't got a clue how it'll work with teams being put into groups so the confederations don't mix.

Anyone else looking forward to June or do you think it'll be a tactically dull 4-5-1 bore off after bore off? In my ideal world we'll see Roy pull off tactical masterstroke by making 4-4-2  quick attacking footy fashionable again on the way to English victory.  Beers
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 16:19:34 »

They've missed a trick by not asking Sepultura to open the show. Chaos AD would have been quite apt.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 16:55:04 »

There's a lovely blonde with her tits basically out on the live draw coverage.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 17:11:20 »

Group E please
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 17:13:56 »

Bugger
kerry red

« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 17:14:56 »

Going home early again
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 17:16:30 »

Clap Clap Clap Clap Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 17:17:18 »

Manaus Mayor will be overjoyed! You can well gauge the antipathy towards England amongst the delegates by the chortle of laughter that went around the arena.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 17:17:30 »

2 of the 5 countries who we've historically lost more to than won in Italy and Uruguay. So it would be an achievement to get out of that group.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 17:19:13 »

First game at 2am on a Sunday morning. Do you reckon they'll have it on the screen in town?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 17:19:33 »

Tricky.

Trickier than a Paul Daniels v Whizzbit trickoff at the tournament of tricky tricks.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 17:20:25 »

2 of the 5 countries who we've historically lost more to than won in Italy and Uruguay. So it would be an achievement to get out of that group.

It'd be an incredible achievement to get out of the group, a minor miracle.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 17:24:27 »

It'd be an incredible achievement to get out of the group, a minor miracle.

I prefer a tough group....had we been in E, most would just assume we'd get through easily. I'd like to see us wipe the grin off Suarez's face, Pirlo can't embarrass us forever, and Brian Oviedo is a cool name.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 17:41:33 »

Is it wrong that I really don't care much for the national team anymore?  Just think they are all massively over paid egoistical pricks.

Out in the group stages with Rooney shagging old ladies in Rio.
DMR

« Reply #14 on: Friday, December 6, 2013, 17:44:02 »

Piece of piss when are the quarters?

Ahem
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: