Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ground redevelopment  (Read 31361 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 12:49:37 »

The commentator on sky last night commented on how poor the floodlights are/were actually now you mention it.

Oh right. I though they were definitely brighter than usual.

That reminds me of one of the bits that was a bit annoying last night - those illuminated advertising hoardings are way too bright, couldn't see ball/players when they were in front of them. Not noticed it before but then I think it's the first time they've had them on at a night game? They're really nice and smart and all that and I can well understand they're great from a revenue point of view, but they could definitely do with a dimmer switch.

We do sit right opposite them in the DRS so may only be a problem from where we're sat as we're directly in line?

Did you notice that they turned the brightness down in the 2nd half? Also, the brightness on the big screen. Sky must've complained!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #136 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 13:08:52 »

Or they got Windows 98 to finally work
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 13:09:11 »

Did you notice that they turned the brightness down in the 2nd half? Also, the brightness on the big screen. Sky must've complained!
No I didn't but now you mention it, I remember being annoyed by it in the first half and don't remember it at all in the second half. You'd have thought my brain might have made that connection by itself. Apparently not.  Doh
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 13:38:28 »

Or you were on the beer at half time  Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 13:42:31 »

Or you were on the beer at half time  Smiley
Sadly no. I'm just a genuine bloody idiot
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 14:03:34 »

Reasons being spouted around for the lack of alcohol in the town end

1. Opened without a licence for Bristol City, club wasn't aware that you actually need a licence for each stand and not just the stadium

2. No fire exit, health and safety

3. People smoking inside and taking their drinks back to their seats so police shut it down

No idea how many and which of them are true.
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 14:15:00 »

Too Cool Too Cool Too Cool Too Cool Too Cool Too Cool Too Cool Too Cool Too Cool Too Cool Too Cool Cheesy
skay

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 16:23:43 »

The commentator on sky last night commented on how poor the floodlights are/were actually now you mention it.

Tranmere fan?
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #143 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 18:38:49 »

Or they got Windows 98 to finally work

Haha I thought that too

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 18:45:08 »

Reasons being spouted around for the lack of alcohol in the town end

1. Opened without a licence for Bristol City, club wasn't aware that you actually need a licence for each stand and not just the stadium

2. No fire exit, health and safety

3. People smoking inside and taking their drinks back to their seats so police shut it down

No idea how many and which of them are true.

2, Yeah deffo no fire exit and we did say v Shitty that H&S would have a field day - most of that stewarding issues as far too many in there at once

3. Did see ppl take drinks back to where they were stood - smoking is nothing to do with bar tho as smoking area seperate issue
I smoked in the TE for donkeys years and the fucker is still there
 Roll Eyes

The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 19:58:08 »

Or a bear pit under the stand.

On a different note, the floodlights did seem to be brighter than usual. Perhaps they did put some new bulbs in!

It was a bit brighter than usual and from where I stood in The Town End you could clearly see the floodlight on The Arkells side of Stratton Bank had been improved.  The DR side floodlight on SB still had 5 bulbs out so can understand why Sky would think it poor compared to what they are used to in The EPL.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 22:52:53 »

I thought the floodlights looked a lot brighter....I did notice halfway through the first half that the advertising boards were shut down, when they came back on they weren't as bright...

Also the big TV in the corner looks good...I hope they use it to show the game/replays at League/Non-Televised games too!

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Thursday, September 26, 2013, 11:22:57 »

2, Yeah deffo no fire exit and we did say v Shitty that H&S would have a field day - most of that stewarding issues as far too many in there at once

3. Did see ppl take drinks back to where they were stood - smoking is nothing to do with bar tho as smoking area seperate issue
I smoked in the TE for donkeys years and the fucker is still there
 Roll Eyes

I've seen people last couple of games taking their beer back to their seat in their seat in the DR also
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, October 29, 2013, 14:29:29 »

Is the roof still on Huh?  Doh

Andrew Perkins ‏@andrewperkins86 27 Oct
@JedMcCoy @craigdeverall what about the Stratton bank jed? Any news on the new roof?

JedMcCoy
‏@JedMcCoy
@andrewperkins86 @craigdeverall drawings all done as we review the stadium as a whole will announce soon .. Exciting times ahead..👍

And in reply to a town end revamp

Jamie ‏@JamieSTFC2804 27 Oct
@JedMcCoy Jed when are you gonna make the town end bigger? #STFCTILLIDIE

JedMcCoy ‏@JedMcCoy 27 Oct
@JamieSTFC2804 when it's full on a regular basis..👍
And

James Smith ‏@JamesSmi5 27 Oct
@JedMcCoy how's the town end bar coming on? I've heard you got planning permission to knock the town end down and big something better?

JedMcCoy ‏@JedMcCoy 27 Oct
@JamesSmi5 town end bar should be open Saturday ..👍... The previous board looked at that we haven't ..

Town end has never been full on a regular basis as 1, the view is awful 2, facilities are ancient and 3 no atmosphere unless its a big game
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, October 29, 2013, 15:03:09 »

and too expensive compared with the Arkells/Don Rogers.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: