Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ground redevelopment  (Read 30928 times)
Matt71

Ignore
« on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 08:14:02 »

Did a stadium tour yesterday ,was told that Don Rogers stand getting executive boxes next season each one holding ten people, club have already sold 3 off plan apparently .Also Stratton bank roof planning permission applied for . Roof cannot go any higher than flag poles at rear of bank.hope this happens ground will look half decent,get rid of town end with new stand and will be job done.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 14:25:27 »

I assume the covered SB would be for away fans and The Arkells all home then?

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 14:43:22 »

If application for PP has been submitted it ain't been validated yet.

Incidentally interested to see that the application from 1993 to put a 3600 seater stand on Stratton Bank has never actually been determined?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 15:18:00 »

I was told the same at a stadium tour back in April.  I think it's part of the script........
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 18:48:37 »

Seems a financial nonsense to me. Why waste the money on a roof of a stand that we hardly use.

Could understand it if we were redeveloping the town end.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 19:34:03 »

Seems a financial nonsense to me. Why waste the money on a roof of a stand that we hardly use.

Could understand it if we were redeveloping the town end.
All part of the masterplan!!  Away fans on the bank, home fans in the Arkells - how the locals in the Arkells are going to take to the Town End people whilst the TE is redeveloped could be interesting!!  How many supporters are going to be upset if they are putting exec. boxes in the DRS?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 19:39:02 »

How many supporters are going to be upset if they are putting exec. boxes in the DRS?
Quite a few I expect and rightly so. Our best stand by a mile, by all means put boxes in once new stands replace the others but now would be silly.

A roof on the bank is nonsense - that stand should be the first to go as it is embarrassing.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 19:41:39 »

Why are exec boxes silly?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 19:45:34 »

New stands? Heard it all before....when I'm sat in the cunt I will believe it.

Clems Army!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 19:47:07 »

Pieman: They aren't,  I expect they would be a nice earner but I think that taking a good chunk of seats out of our best stand to accomodate them with shit stands still standing is silly. Don Rogers is usually filled quite nicely most matches and if my seat was to go I wouldn't be too pleased - especially if the alternative was the Town End or Arkells.  

If they aren't doing anything in regards to replacing the Bank anytime soon then would make more sense to put them in there..was that not once mentioned?

kerry red

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 19:53:57 »

As I've only been back for a while can anyone explain why the SB end of the Intel is now virtually unoccupied when it used to be popular
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 20:01:35 »

Good question. I used to sit in chav corner myself but my thought is the demise of the away fan on the bank lessoned it's appeal. The atmosphere became better in the town end , and cheap town end tickets helped.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 20:02:49 »

I hear they're going to have a big screen scoreboard too which shows highlights and replays....in the coming weeks...

Roaming the land while you sleep..
kerry red

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 20:06:10 »

Good question. I used to sit in chav corner myself but my thought is the demise of the away fan on the bank lessoned it's appeal. The atmosphere became better in the town end , and cheap town end tickets helped.

It used to be quite excellent - especially that game with the Millwall fans in attendance as well as us!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 22:15:35 »

Where would the exec boxes go in the Don Rogers? At the back? Surely not cross the middle, that would fuck things up.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: