Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ground redevelopment  (Read 30929 times)
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 22:23:40 »

Surely the exec boxes would go at the back and only a handful of rows of seating would need to be sacrificed
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 22:25:39 »

Isn't it the gap near the front? In-between the enclosure and the middle section?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 22:25:44 »

Chang the DRS never sells out so what is the issue? Its a good idea that the old board kept harping on about but never actually did. Ive been impressed with the corporate side of things so far under this board. The electronic advertising boards looked good yesterday, more sponsorship and more income.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 22:46:50 »

As I've only been back for a while can anyone explain why the SB end of the Intel is now virtually unoccupied when it used to be popular

I used to sit up there and it used to be cracking, I think it was a combination of not having aways fans in the bank, and at some point, they changed the pricing so it was the same for the entire stand, rather than cheaper in the sides and more pricey in the middle.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, August 25, 2013, 23:35:26 »

The boxes would go in around the first 5-10 rows above where the steps start to go down underneath.  There is a hidden floor inside the stand.

I'm sure this conversation has been done numerous times on here with photos and all...

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 00:18:10 »

It has. Cant remember the thread, but the one with old county ground photos, shows the 2nd concourse, when the drs was being built.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 01:05:26 »

Noticed that they're bringing back the advertising boards behind both goals, never understood why the club doesn't get more local businesses to advertise with boards around the pitch.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 06:28:33 »

New stands? Heard it all before....when I'm sat in the cunt I will believe it.

That means you will have to start going again Grin
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 06:29:52 »

Quite a few I expect and rightly so. Our best stand by a mile, by all means put boxes in once new stands replace the others but now would be silly.

A roof on the bank is nonsense - that stand should be the first to go as it is embarrassing.
What, you want a 3 sided stand (like the pub team down the road)? Shocked
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 07:17:45 »

Not Jed's biggest fan, but the if he gets the exec box idea of the ground, puts a roof on the bank & does this new scoreboard thing well fair play to the bloke (2 out of 3 wouldn't be bad). Board after board have waffled on about redeveloping the ground for nothing to actually happen.

The answer always was to just do up the CG, great location, great character to the ground. Key is don't have illusions of grandeur deal with the cards you're dealt with, and it looks like Jed's going to do just that.

Good on him.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 07:24:11 »

Still not seen a reason for the Stratton bank roof. Yes the away fans can always be put there but so what. We'd increase the home capacity of an already under utilised arkells.

Does it somehow reduce policing costs as segregation isn't then the same? Does it allow higher ticket pricing? There must be a point to it?
Red Jed

« Reply #26 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 07:43:58 »

Still not seen a reason for the Stratton bank roof.
Because only tinpot teams have 3 sides on their ground Wink
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 07:50:42 »

We already have a 4 sided ground. It's the tin pot drum wielding away teams that never bring enough to use it.

I think we know what kind of wanky team plays in a triangle, built on a sewage farm ...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 07:53:20 »

Gillingham are a good example for us, boxes cost up to £13,000 per season + VAT, so £15,600.

Imagining you could easily get 20 into the stand, that's £312,000 per season in revenue or about 800 adult season tickets.

Reality would probably be a few not sold for a season and then you are looking at £1000+ for one match rental, which over 23 games is pretty hefty match day income.  Certainly compared to usual pricing.
DRS

« Reply #29 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 08:12:56 »

Still not seen a reason for the Stratton bank roof. Yes the away fans can always be put there but so what. We'd increase the home capacity of an already under utilised arkells.

Does it somehow reduce policing costs as segregation isn't then the same? Does it allow higher ticket pricing? There must be a point to it?
Would imagine it would help bring in money.The stand has been that bad that we had it named after a family for no money at all,what decent company would pay to advertise that stand at the moment
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: