Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ground redevelopment  (Read 31343 times)
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #90 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 17:16:03 »

Take the seats out of the TE and make it a terrace again.
If/when we get to the championship we'd only have to put seating back in after a few years.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 17:18:16 »

Take the seats out of the TE and make it a terrace again.
Better still, knock the fucking shed down and build a new stand instead of going backwards by putting in a terrace.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #92 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 17:32:51 »

Better still, knock the fucking shed down and build a new stand instead of going backwards by putting in a terrace.
This.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 17:50:50 »

Better still build a new stand with terracing

Noone sits in the TE anyway
All seaters have killed the atmosphere in grounds IMHO
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 17:52:46 »

Ought to build a smaller version of the holte end and have seats in the upper bit and safe standing in the bottom.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 18:14:25 »

Better get the buckets out Saturday to pay for all these schemes
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 18:19:14 »

Better get the buckets out Saturday to pay for all these schemes

I remember the days two ppl used to walk around the ground for various good causes with a sheet held up encouraging you to throw coins
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 19:07:46 »

Double post but meh

From the fingers of Jed

JedMcCoy ‏@JedMcCoy 3m
Loving the town end bar,Small but will be nostalgic like the old days how footy bars should be No pic #tease ..😝... Also smoking area at H/T

JedMcCoy ‏@JedMcCoy 1m
@00jamesy & sky TV for scores at h/t & full ..!!...
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 19:40:37 »

The term 'executive box' is great isn't it. The implication being that anyone special enough to inhabit them makes decisions at work and is really rather important, when it's really people on a work jolly, or a stag do, paying a lot more for some warmth and beer.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 19:47:21 »

The term 'executive box' is great isn't it. The implication being that anyone special enough to inhabit them makes decisions at work and is really rather important, when it's really people on a work jolly, or a stag do, paying a lot more for some warmth and beer.
More like paying more for warm beer.
Charlie Henry

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 19:52:02 »

hey! don't forget the "padded" seats
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 20:40:51 »

Just wanted to post a note of caution on these ground developments really.  While I think that sticking some extra seats in is sensible, you do have to question the cost of it, now if they had these seats lying around spare, then great, but if they have had to buy them and pay to get them fitted, then if each seat cost £150 say, then are we have to fill them at least 6 times (ignoring concessions) before we are into profit, how long will that take, City have sold out their allocation for the so those extra seats in the bank don't count.  Now if I was being cynical you could say that as they are unlikely to start doing any decent redevelopment that at some point they will turn a profit on those seats so why worry.

I don't quite know if I am being a bit uncharitable, and should be glad that they're doing something.

Also as I've not been in the Town End since the 80's is there enough room for say 750-1000 people to stand inside it having a beer and watching Sky??   

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 21:08:01 »

Fuck a duck, I know it's bad, but smoking area! Whooo hoo. That is brilliant. I don't smoke in the ground, but also i'm in at 2.59 and out 1 min after full time, so that works for both me and the club.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 21:16:09 »

Reading between the lines on Jedwards tweets I get the impression he thinks the CG is too quiet and the TE ought to be making more noise.
If chucking a bar in persuades stay aways or those that have switched to DRS to get back in the TE well its not a bad thing
As a home end it can be deafeningly quiet most games.

Even big games can be flat.
Used to have a decent sound when the shrivvy and TE were back and forward.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 21:21:19 »

On the subject of noise I hope the South Stand makes some effort tomorrow. The Arkells has been a lost cause for years but the SS was decent last couple of seasons. Turned into the Arkells this season though.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: