Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ground redevelopment  (Read 31358 times)
Red Jed

« Reply #45 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 18:10:54 »

Is this a serious question? Can they move a 5000 seater stand "back a bit." I'm no structural engineer but I reckon I can answer this one; No.
Cheesy
STFCFORLIFE

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 18:19:36 »

It would be a big improvement to have a roof on the Stratton Bank and have the away fans in their own stand and give the corner of the Arkells back to the home fans.

However, whether the board have actually applied for planning permission remains to be seen, as it could just be a load of tripe.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 18:54:10 »

I know someone who has hired out one of lounges for the season and they have paid £15,000.

The thing is how many boxes could they sell in League 1?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 19:09:22 »

Don't see how anybody can moan about ground improvement and tidying up the Stratton Bank after all lets be fair it is a shithole!
I'd rather spend it on a player than waste it on polishing a turd. The county ground needs proper redevelopment so any money spent on the Stratton bank is dead money really, given ultimately 3 stands would be demolished.

If putting a roof on brings in sponsorship, opens new revenue opportunities or somehow reduces cost then that would be great. Otherwise don't bother.
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 20:57:16 »

Clearly we don't, and probably won't, know the reasoning behind any decisions that the board take on the ground, but I would give them the benefit of the doubt to the point of assuming that, if they did put a roof on the bank, they would have some sound business reasoning behing it. 

I do like the idea of pushing the DRS back a bit though.  "On 3 lads..."
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 21:07:45 »

Thought the only was they was going to put a rood on SB would be if they could get it sponsored so the materials etc did not cost the club any money which I think would be a good plan if that is the case
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 21:09:40 »

Is this a serious question? Can they move a 5000 seater stand "back a bit." I'm no structural engineer but I reckon I can answer this one; No.

As much as the question itself was ludicrous, the entire stand was of a modular design to allow it to be moved should we need to in the future or have a redesign.  It's one of the reasons it went up so quickly.  Similar to Notts County's 3 sides IIRC.

I'd imagine you'd not want to be spending 7 figure sums just to get a few extra inches though.  The trees out the back were protected in the planning consent so we can't really push too much further back anyway.

The boxes would be placed in and a few rows easily removed (it's just a series of concrete slabs fitted together on the steel frame).  Don't imagine it would cost too much in the grand scheme of things, probably pay itself back within a few years and as you'd loan the capital you'd see immediate revenue improvements.  We didn't have the cash when we built it as it was pretty much funded by a Football Trust grant, but it's odd that nobody has bothered to do anything with it, even sticking in some basic corporate suites in the upper concourse for example.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, August 26, 2013, 22:25:55 »

So there would be a small section of seats in front of the new boxes, would look like this i reckon (wycombe wanderers), perhaps with a smaller section in front.

http://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/01/57/25/1572514_66a1b989.jpg

Yep, pretty much spot on..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 10:58:24 »

If the Stratton Bank had a roof on it, I think it would be better as a home stand. I like the idea of having both stands behind the goal for home fans only, and also I think the potential for noise with a roof is pretty decent! Not sure what we'd do with large away followings though..
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 11:56:30 »

Did they try to put a roof on the Stratton Bank before, sometime in the mid nineties when we built the DRS?
I seem to remember the original plan rejected, but a revised plan with a lower roof accepted eventually, but by then we had no money to do it...
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 12:19:50 »

This was the original plan in 1994 when the Intel Stand was built...

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 15:26:26 »

As much as the question itself was ludicrous, the entire stand was of a modular design to allow it to be moved should we need to in the future or have a redesign.

Exactly which is what I was referring to and asking about the options we have. It's also ludicrous to have a football pitch that moves in to the stadium being grown outside the stadium, but it happens. 
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 15:27:32 »

This was the original plan in 1994 when the Intel Stand was built...

That's pretty cool. Where did you find it? I wonder how different the accepted proposal was with the lower roof. A stand like the one in that photo as the new Town End would be good.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 16:29:11 »

Just to save all the hassle, just build a lot of VIP boxes/roof on Stratton bank and use the room in the corner. Leave the Don Rogers alone.
Simple.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 19:06:56 »

So there would be a small section of seats in front of the new boxes, would look like this i reckon (wycombe wanderers), perhaps with a smaller section in front.

http://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/01/57/25/1572514_66a1b989.jpg

They've got a similar setup here at Loftus Road, 5 rows in front of the boxes and the main stand behind.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: