Pages: 1 ... 259 260 261 [262] 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 526000 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #3915 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 19:12:30 »

Berniman dispelled the ‘how can you punish the fans’ myth a few pages back…it’s simple - they can, and if necessary, they will.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3916 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 20:13:36 »

I might sound stupid here.
However my point is still. After fooling the FA / FL and being allowed to take over as a sole owner LP could not be challenged until his actions good or bad left opportunities to do so.
The Trust and many supporters tried without success to get a say in the running with out a glimmer of hope
It was  with extraordinary good fortune that clem Morfuni was given the chance with others including Rob Angus then Trust representative to clip Powers wings so to speak.
Since then and I admit it is only a very short time it looks like the club has shown it's intention to be a very well run football club.
So after Black rushed job of getting out and scally wags such as Jed
 followed by LP. All approved by FA FL 
How the hell in good faith can the authorities punish the people of Swindon who follow their football club again.
As for the football club not mentioning these issues and the seriousness of the situation I suggest they have iindirectly by not arranging the re  payment of the Million pound interest free loan.
Just hope we can survive and move on in the current direction

None of this negates the fact that the money that kept the club going came from illegal sources in footballing terms so you could argue the authorities are duty bound to punish the club as in seasons we got promoted or to the play off final we effectively defrauded other clubs. I’m surprised we aren’t open to litigation from clubs to be honest as there’s probably an argument for loss of income due to our actions from some clubs. It’s a mess but Power being gone changes nothing IMO as at least one of the others charged continues to have an interest in the club.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #3917 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 21:14:16 »

None of this negates the fact that the money that kept the club going came from illegal sources in footballing terms so you could argue the authorities are duty bound to punish the club as in seasons we got promoted or to the play off final we effectively defrauded other clubs. I’m surprised we aren’t open to litigation from clubs to be honest as there’s probably an argument for loss of income due to our actions from some clubs. It’s a mess but Power being gone changes nothing IMO as at least one of the others charged continues to have an interest in the club.

Key thing is it was the EFL process that passed Power as fit and proper- so they are implicated in all of this. It is the failure of their own due diligence that should have picked up he was a rogue- his history at Cambridge and Rushden should’ve been enough for them to not authorise his ownership.

Our legal case against the EFL if they impose sanctions on the club would be very strong
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3918 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 21:42:52 »

How many more times. We are not being held to account by the EFL. It’s the FA. Different beast. Historically different punishments.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #3919 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 21:55:31 »

Berniman dispelled the ‘how can you punish the fans’ myth a few pages back…it’s simple - they can, and if necessary, they will.

This!

Now, ain't that just like me?
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #3920 on: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 03:54:20 »

Outletred.. Totally agree with you.
Will the FA/ FL realise this? Yes.
Will they try to protect their position.. To right they will.
What will the outcome be... F@ck knows
We can only hope..
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #3921 on: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 06:28:51 »

There appears to be some confusion on this forum.  If they have not done so already, the trust could help worried supporters understand the FA regulations and possible sanctions by producing some form of guidance note.

Nothing to see here
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3922 on: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 08:05:44 »

Key thing is it was the EFL process that passed Power as fit and proper- so they are implicated in all of this. It is the failure of their own due diligence that should have picked up he was a rogue- his history at Cambridge and Rushden should’ve been enough for them to not authorise his ownership.

Our legal case against the EFL if they impose sanctions on the club would be very strong
The FA have charged us not the EFL so FPPT is irrelevant, even if it was the EFL the issues happened after he passed the test so again FPPT is irrelevant.  The club would have no legal recourse against the EFL related to FPPT, you’re just clutching at straws that don’t exist.

The facts are as a club we have clearly breached FA rules, the only question is what punishment we get.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3923 on: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 08:16:30 »

As I read it, the FA have charged Gareth Barry with breaching ownership regulations.
Have I missed something where the club has has the charge levelled at them?
The club, Standing and Power were charged months ago, Barry has recently been added.
Lambo75

Ignore
« Reply #3924 on: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 08:18:57 »

Gareth Barry is the headline news this time around.

STFC, Lee Power, Michael Standing, First Touch Pro Management & Gareth Barry all have the same charge levied at them, I presume with the same December 1st respond by time?

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Clearly the club appears to all to be a vastly different animal that has been working with the FA so let's hope we escape with a slap on the wrist.
Lambo75

Ignore
« Reply #3925 on: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 08:20:10 »

The club, Standing and Power were charged months ago, Barry has recently been added.

yeah my bad...i had forgot about the prior piece! old age and poor memory come hand in hand. you're quite correct.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3926 on: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 08:24:33 »

The FA haven’t docked any club points since 2007 when they bashed Luton with minus 10 points

Luton had 10 another points deducted after being found guilty by the Football Association of 15 charges of misconduct concerning payments to agents by irregular means

Since then the FA have only imposed fines and/or sanctions on individuals.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #3927 on: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 10:20:09 »

Personally I think we will be screwed. Just because we normally are.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3928 on: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 10:24:42 »

There appears to be some confusion on this forum.  If they have not done so already, the trust could help worried supporters understand the FA regulations and possible sanctions by producing some form of guidance note.

That would be useful at least to know what is going on, as noted previously the silence regarding the matter in the Advisory Board notes is rather baffling.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #3929 on: Thursday, November 18, 2021, 10:49:00 »

Because this is an ongoing court case, the club has to be very careful not to be in contempt of court. But it would certainly help if the Trust were able to give a factual update as to what and where the process is up to.
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 261 [262] 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: