Pages: 1 ... 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 528640 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3870 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 09:25:50 »

Looking back it seems very peculiar (and hopefully positive) that this matter does not seem to have been mentioned at all (as far as I can recall) in any of the Advisory board minutes?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3871 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 09:48:49 »

Dukey.. You make very good comments however what could have the club done differently.
Basically STFC were sold down the river by circumstances.
End of the day the FA /FL are there to help and assist including the governance of the constitution and rules set down by it's members. That said the question is  What the hell could Swindon  as a club and all supporters have done differently...My answer would be F@cking nothing.
In fact the current STFC are exceptionally fortunate to be in this situation and the FA / FL should hold up the club as an example of success and not  to be punished.
We can only hope I'm right
COYMRs

You talk as if the club is a seperate entity - while Lee Power owned the club, he effectively was the club.  The supporters mean nothing to the FA/FL.

If clem takes out a loan from Wonga under the clubs name, do you think Clem is liable to pay that loan out of his own account or the clubs?  Irrelevant of whether Clem has put money into the clubs account or it has come from ticket sales, it is the club that is liable.

I can't see the club walking away from this situation scott free, especially when you see how other clubs are being dealt with recently.

Yes Power brought lots of shit on the club, but there was a long period of time where the club benefited greatly from having Power in charge, he was the master at being able to sell players at inflated prices, or avoiding sell on fees by including an additional player (Gladwin, Luongo).

I fear that there will be some focus on some of those benefits that "the club" recieved.

I really hope I am wrong though..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3872 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 10:02:48 »

I fear the worst too Bernie.

Though he's in no way to blame, Clem was part of the club then too.

I hope the FA see sense in change of ownership = change of control and that things are being run differently now.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3873 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 10:04:14 »

Maybe we will get suspended sanctions again

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3874 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 10:17:29 »

You talk as if the club is a seperate entity - while Lee Power owned the club, he effectively was the club.  The supporters mean nothing to the FA/FL.

If clem takes out a loan from Wonga under the clubs name, do you think Clem is liable to pay that loan out of his own account or the clubs?  Irrelevant of whether Clem has put money into the clubs account or it has come from ticket sales, it is the club that is liable.

I can't see the club walking away from this situation scott free, especially when you see how other clubs are being dealt with recently.

Yes Power brought lots of shit on the club, but there was a long period of time where the club benefited greatly from having Power in charge, he was the master at being able to sell players at inflated prices, or avoiding sell on fees by including an additional player (Gladwin, Luongo).

I fear that there will be some focus on some of those benefits that "the club" recieved.

I really hope I am wrong though..

Agree with all of this and fear the worst.

But as noted above I really don't understand why this risk is not right at the top of the Agenda in the Advisory Board engagements as a big points deduction would be considerably more damaging to the club than a £100k debt to someone.

In my grasping at straws to look on the bright side I hope they know something we don't from their various discussions with the FA/FL. At least we seem to now have a lawyer on board who seems to have a clue.

But then again do STFC ever benefit from the bright side....
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3875 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 10:20:07 »

Isnthere any set period when we are likely to find out

So, give no fucks
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #3876 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 10:22:50 »

Berniman,,, I really hope I am right and you are off the mark here.

But and a big but is............. When is enough, is enough ?

Surely you can't keep kicking people ( STFC) down.

Also, I disagree with you. The Supporters are a very important part of the club in fact they (we) are the clubs heartbeat. Yes  the supporters are the soul of the club and if the FA / FL dont understand that they are missing the trick.

Have faith that the FA / FL must have recognized the change at SN1 and why would they not make an example of STFC in a good way.

Keep the faith my friend

COYMRs  
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3877 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 10:29:04 »

Have to say that from where I see it Berni is 100% right, we will get some form of punishment as Power was the club in the eyes of the FA/EFL and we did have some good under him, a lot of bad too but that seems to have been based upon fraud in 1 way or another.

It could be a rocky road ahead I fear.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3878 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 10:29:38 »

They should look at individuals first, club second.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3879 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 10:36:58 »

They should look at individuals first, club second.

But where is the line, as noted above Power (and Barry/Standing as appropriate) = STFC and whilst Power undoubtedly made some cash the club was being bank rolled by an agent/player which was very obviously in breach of the rules.

One only has to look at the way Derby have been clobbered for what was basically an accounting wheeze to fear a ton of bricks is heading our way!

The Clubs silence on the matter is peculiar as even under the media blackout in April when the charge was first laid there was a statement on the website?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3880 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 10:38:29 »

I've been mentally prepared for a points deduction for a while.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3881 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 10:39:50 »

Berniman,,, I really hope I am right and you are off the mark here.

But and a big but is............. When is enough, is enough ?

Surely you can't keep kicking people ( STFC) down.

Also, I disagree with you. The Supporters are a very important part of the club in fact they (we) are the clubs heartbeat. Yes  the supporters are the soul of the club and if the FA / FL dont understand that they are missing the trick.

Have faith that the FA / FL must have recognized the change at SN1 and why would they not make an example of STFC in a good way.

Keep the faith my friend

COYMRs 

Enough will be enough when Swindon Town and it's numerous dodgey owners stop breaking the rules, it's as simple as that really, hopefully Clem is as genuine as he seems from the outside.  While we continue to flout the rules we will continue to get kicked.

The supporters are very important part of the club, that is for sure, but the FA/FL will not take the supporters into consideration if/when they decide to impose sanctions on the club.  Did they worry about the Derby fans when they took the actions they did?  Of course they didn't..  Did they worry about us when they harshly demoted us 2 divisions?  Of course they didn't..  Did they step in to help save Bury, are they stepping in to help Oldham, the list goes on.  The thoughts and feelings of the fans do not matter in the eyes of the FA/FL in cases such as these, and to expect them to act different this time around is foolish and overly optimistic IMO.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3882 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 10:45:28 »

I've been mentally prepared for a points deduction for a while.
I have been hoping that it will be a deferred points deduction that will only be applied if there is any further misdemeanors over the next couple of years. Which I think would probably be the best possible outcome.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3883 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 10:54:57 »

I think we’ll be fucked.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #3884 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 10:58:16 »

Isn’t Derby’s most recent points deduction down to financial irregularities of the previous owner?
That alone shows the FA don’t care whether the guilty party is still at the club or not.
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: