Pages: 1 ... 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 528375 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3885 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 11:01:51 »

I have been hoping that it will be a deferred points deduction that will only be applied if there is any further misdemeanors over the next couple of years. Which I think would probably be the best possible outcome.

Agreed

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #3886 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 11:08:49 »

Interesting...

Over the period when Power was solely in charge

2013 onwards the club were solvent with no debt but with a arrangement that if sold would need to pay previous owners (Black) 1 or maybe 2 million smackaroos. Playing in Division 3 with some decent players.

Go to the 2021 when Power was tactfully removed, 7 players, no manager, owing over reported 4 million smackaroos and scheduled to play in Division 4.

Where were the advantages gained over this period for STFC ?  A big fat zero infact went backwards big time.       

My view is FA/ FL allowed this to happen on their watch and encouraged the process with them allowing Power, as a fit and proper person to manage and direct the running of the club to insolvency.

Surely this is the difference. The FA /FL must have a some sort of policing of rules which should have stopped this situation from happening.   

Their processes are clearly not working and they could easily be accused of being guilty of neglect of their responsibilities.

Last bit could be classed as total bollocks  Smiley

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3887 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 11:23:50 »

Interesting...

Over the period when Power was solely in charge

2013 onwards the club were solvent with no debt but with a arrangement that if sold would need to pay previous owners (Black) 1 or maybe 2 million smackaroos. Playing in Division 3 with some decent players.

Go to the 2021 when Power was tactfully removed, 7 players, no manager, owing over reported 4 million smackaroos and scheduled to play in Division 4.

Where were the advantages gained over this period for STFC ?  A big fat zero infact went backwards big time.      

My view is FA/ FL allowed this to happen on their watch and encouraged the process with them allowing Power, as a fit and proper person to manage and direct the running of the club to insolvency.

Surely this is the difference. The FA /FL must have a some sort of policing of rules which should have stopped this situation from happening.    

Their processes are clearly not working and they could easily be accused of being guilty of neglect of their responsibilities.

Last bit could be classed as total bollocks  Smiley

I think the income from player sales way outweighed the expendeture on player purchases over Powers period, that is one huge advantage there that will be scrutinised.  During the period we signed a calibre of player that got us to the play offs numerous times, play off final and won a league title.

That is just a few examples of advantages that have been gained over the past few years under Power off of the top of my head (I am sure there are more), and as these things have brought "the club" financial benefit, it makes sense that the FA/FL will be scrutinising it if they decide to bring sactions on any party for the way that the funding was pulled in to pay for the success.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #3888 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 11:29:38 »

Fair comments... however, as stated previously, when is enough really enough.

Do FL / FA create a enviroment for success or do they want to keep making examples and punish

Carrot or the stick I suppose. Keep the faith and hoping its the carrot Stay well

COYMRs   
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3889 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 11:53:49 »

Look at how heavily the big boys get punished  Roll Eyes
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3890 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 11:55:16 »

1990 rings a bell😡

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3891 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 11:59:54 »

Quote from: Tails
I've been mentally prepared for a points deduction for a while.

and if we do I hope it's sorted by January window.

wishful thinking
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3892 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 12:02:09 »

anywho, why has Barry only just been added to the list.

Further  'evidence' come to light?  if so. from where?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3893 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 12:03:08 »

Isn’t Derby’s most recent points deduction down to financial irregularities of the previous owner?
That alone shows the FA don’t care whether the guilty party is still at the club or not.
I think we need to differentiate between the FA - who have brought the charges - and the EFL who have dished out points deductions to various clubs lately - primarily for going into Admin which is an automatic 12 point deduction, and breaches of FFP.

The FA do not really have a history of dishing out points deductions - I think 2007 was the last time. They tend to dish out fines and sanctions on individuals.

It would be odd for the FA to come to any conclusions until the Power/Standing legal case is settled as it would presuppose wrongdoings.

As I said earlier, there is always the scenario whereby the protagonists decide not to cooperate with the FA - it is only the club that has to. The others can refuse if they decide they no longer want to be involved in football anyway.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3894 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 12:04:02 »

Spurs in 94 was a fine and 12 points deducted
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3895 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 12:05:48 »

I had forgot about that

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3896 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 12:08:24 »

Spurs in 94 was a fine and 12 points deducted

Weren’t they banned from the FA Cup as well that season or have I imagined that?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3897 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 12:10:46 »

anywho, why has Barry only just been added to the list.

Further  'evidence' come to light?  if so. from where?

This is my glimmer of hope that the club are fully co-operating with the FA on all of this and providing info/evidence as it comes to light via the books, possibly with a hope of a lenient sentence?

Would explain the strange radio silence from the club on the matter,
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3898 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 12:13:40 »

Weren’t they banned from the FA Cup as well that season or have I imagined that?

They were but it (and the points deduction) were revoked on appeal albeit the fine was doubled (I think!)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3899 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 12:15:15 »

Power has already admitted guilt. Whether it’s Barry he got the money from or Standing either/or he’s broken rules.

I honestly can’t see him rocking up at the FA and producing whatever paperwork they have asked for - if it actually exists anymore.

Standing has already backed out of his agency so how can the FA punish him.

As for Barry, does he have ambition to coach or manage? If not, he won’t cooperate either.
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: