Pages: 1 ... 258 259 260 [261] 262 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 527784 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3900 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 12:15:30 »

People keep saying individuals aren’t here anymore so we shouldn’t be punished as a result. I don’t believe that provides and kind of defence and don’t believe it to be true either, pretty sure at least one of the charged parties still has an invested interest.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3901 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 12:33:10 »

People keep saying individuals aren’t here anymore so we shouldn’t be punished as a result. I don’t believe that provides and kind of defence and don’t believe it to be true either, pretty sure at least one of the charged parties still has an invested interest.
Absolutely, it is no defence in the eyes of the FA/EFL.

The club is treated as the club not as individuals, even if the profters are no longer with the club.

They most likely will have totally seperate sanctions applied as well as any sanctions given to the club.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #3902 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 12:33:24 »

It is concerning, if Power wants to shaft the club then he could plead guilty and offer no defence so as to stick it to Standing and or Barry, rather than not responding at all, as he may have no intentions of getting back into football.

As for the club they will you assume they will plead not guilty to the charges to the point that the ownership of the club has changed and the current owner & CEO are not at liberty to know what the previous administration did or didn't do despite having their suspicions, they have already said previously they are cooperating with the FA/FL and talking to them constantly.

As for Standing, who knows how he will respond, he has already sought to look after himself by resigning as a director of his player agency, probably on legal advise, so maybe he will try and go the not guilty route.

I'm sure there will be more charges after the court case has completed though.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #3903 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 12:44:00 »

Clem is still here and was a sharehder when power was doing the dirty on us. The FA and EFL may not look at it as a new regime.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3904 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 13:00:25 »

I am pretty confident that any decision that finds the club guilty will result in a financial penalty.  I am not sure I can find any evidence of a club being docked points for a similar offense, West Ham being the big one that comes to mind and kicked this conversation off in the UK.

https://www.blackstonechambers.com/documents/Hartlepool_United_FC_Green_Chandler__Buncall_v_The_FA.pdf

https://www.espn.com/soccer/leeds-united/story/3014723/leeds-owner-massimo-cellino-gets-18-month-ban-from-football

The Leeds one was reduced on appeal
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 13:04:40 by RobertT » Logged
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #3905 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 17:36:27 »

and if we do I hope it's sorted by January window.

wishful thinking
Agree, sadly I’d be surprised if this is all turned around by the end of the year given the deadline for responses isn’t until 1st December and there’ll be a period of time needed to review submissions (and no doubt a shut down over Christmas).

I’m expecting us to be in the auto places heading into April before a point deduction throws us into mid table with no way of making up the gap…

Crackity Jones

« Reply #3906 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 17:50:05 »

Regarding the football club ownership thing. How is Hector Bellerin allowed to be a shareholder in FGR while Barry can't invest in STFC?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #3907 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 17:52:41 »

Hold on for a spanking of some sorts. Financial, points or a combination. Whatever the sanctions and I’ll put money on it there will be some so it will be really interesting as to how the club respond. Last time we were used as an example and were to weak financially and legally to mount a robust challenge and just rolled over accepting the punishment. Since then there have been some serious misdemeanours committed that it would appear have been shall we say leniently dealt with? It would not surprise me if the authorities tried the tack that as you’ve been cooperative all the way etc, etc this is your punishment, go away accept it or there will be an even bigger punishment.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 17:56:46 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #3908 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 17:52:48 »

Regarding the football club ownership thing. How is Hector Bellerin allowed to be a shareholder in FGR while Barry can't invest in STFC?

Bellerin has got under the allowed percentage without it being a conflict on interest.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #3909 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 17:57:46 »

Bellerin has got under the allowed percentage without it being a conflict on interest.
Thanks for clarification.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #3910 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 18:03:49 »

Hold on for a spanking of some sorts. Financial, points or a combination. Whatever the sanctions and I’ll put money on it there will be some so it will be really interesting as to how the club respond. Last time we were used as an example and were to weak financially and legally to mount a robust challenge and just rolled over accepting the punishment. Since then there have been some serious misdemeanours committed that it would appear have been shall we say leniently dealt with? It would not surprise me if the authorities tried the tack that as you’ve been cooperative all the way etc, etc this is your punishment, go away accept it or there will be an even bigger punishment.

Alan Nixon tweets - he thinks the club will be okay. I disagree.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #3911 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 18:10:14 »

Alan Nixon tweets - he thinks the club will be okay. I disagree.

That wanker still alive? Oh he does does he? Yeah of course he has the ear of the authorities, not. Remember he was in cahoots with the last regime disseminating crap as being gospel. Pinch of salt. No offence towards your original post my friend.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #3912 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 18:15:06 »

I also think the club will be OK; my logic being that the club and Lee Power were effectively the same thing. Power was sole owner and sole investor according to the man himself. The buck stops with P Lower.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #3913 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 18:23:27 »

That wanker still alive? Oh he does does he? Yeah of course he has the ear of the authorities, not. Remember he was in cahoots with the last regime disseminating crap as being gospel. Pinch of salt. No offence towards your original post my friend.

That’s okay brother. I think he is massively wrong. A wanker who would revel in our demise.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #3914 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 18:57:26 »

I might sound stupid here.
However my point is still. After fooling the FA / FL and being allowed to take over as a sole owner LP could not be challenged until his actions good or bad left opportunities to do so.
The Trust and many supporters tried without success to get a say in the running with out a glimmer of hope
It was  with extraordinary good fortune that clem Morfuni was given the chance with others including Rob Angus then Trust representative to clip Powers wings so to speak.
Since then and I admit it is only a very short time it looks like the club has shown it's intention to be a very well run football club.
So after Black rushed job of getting out and scally wags such as Jed
 followed by LP. All approved by FA FL 
How the hell in good faith can the authorities punish the people of Swindon who follow their football club again.
As for the football club not mentioning these issues and the seriousness of the situation I suggest they have iindirectly by not arranging the re  payment of the Million pound interest free loan.
Just hope we can survive and move on in the current direction

Pages: 1 ... 258 259 260 [261] 262 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: