Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town statement on takeover and managerial situation  (Read 31455 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 18:03:00 »

I'm not sure I want a new manager (unless it was the old one back). I'm genuinely interested in how this whole workers' collective thing we've got going on pans out...

I thought this but then as di vita said di canio went into such detail on every opponent and everyone knew their exact jobs. Who is going to do this on the side?!
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 18:20:01 »

I thought this but then as di vita said di canio went into such detail on every opponent and everyone knew their exact jobs. Who is going to do this on the side?!

If Paolo Di Canio's phone rang and it was Darren Ward I think he'd pick up. You're right though, it isn't viable in the long term, but 14 games?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 18:41:38 »

See, this is where we miss out not being in the Prem. If we were in the Prem, we could just send someone down to Smiths to buy a complete set of Match Attax and Hey Presto! Complete stats on every opponent!
kerry red

« Reply #198 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 19:03:25 »

Black having a mountain of dosh didn't stop the horrendous mess he left the club in.

It's not really about the money, it's about honest intentions
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 19:03:31 »

I'm not sure I want a new manager (unless it was the old one back). I'm genuinely interested in how this whole workers' collective thing we've got going on pans out...

They would keep setting unattainable targets, then claim they had achieved them, then fall out with each other.

So actually on reflection much like football management normally is.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 19:16:15 »

Black having a mountain of dosh didn't stop the horrendous mess he left the club in.

It's not really about the money, it's about honest intentions

and realistic goals...take Cheltnumb, who this lot wanted to buy, but Baker decided against. They're a well run club, who've come a long way in a relatively short space of time. Their aim in life is to yo-yo between Div 3 and 4, get the odd lucrative cup game, and generally make ends meet. They do own Whaddon Road, and sometimes a move to the Racecourse is mooted, but is it really necessary for their ambitions.

We may have slightly more grand ambitions, to compete in Div 3, with the odd foray upwards, but do we have any resources to back this up.

Perhaps, it's time to accept we're more Cheltnumb Town than Charlton Athletic....
kerry red

« Reply #201 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 19:28:05 »

The problem is that fans' realistic goals are different to (most) owners' realistic goals.

Cheltenham have achieved fuck all, while we have tasted the promised land, won a cup final and punched above our weight on numerous occasions - and it is this history that fans cannot see the reason why we cannot do it again

I would struggle to think of many club owners who really have the club's interests at heart and not just as a financial vehicle for themselves.

Maybe Dave Whelan and before him Jack Walker at Blackburn - and how he must be turning in his grave at the Venkys (if, indeed, he is no longer with us!)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: