Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town statement on takeover and managerial situation  (Read 31723 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 23:20:21 »

Has Digby done any keeper coaching since he last did some here whilst also being commercial manager or something?

Local and cheap. Short term to, hopefully...
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 23:24:22 »

I think he's made a mountain out of a molehill.

I think your molehill might well turn out to be a mountain. I'd have Paolo back in a heartbeat, but 'jed' and his merry men's takeover would have to fail, and God knows what shit that would land us in.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 23:35:17 »

Has Digby done any keeper coaching since he last did some here whilst also being commercial manager or something?

He coached my son Alex a couple of times. I got called "Alex dad" by Fraser, which practically makes me royal I think.

He was mooting setting up a goalkeeping academy, not sure it ever got off the ground.

That said, none of this is relevant to whether he can coach at a professional level.
fatbasher

« Reply #153 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 00:08:02 »

The problem with Mr Mccory is he forgets what he has said.. at the Supporters meeting he said he would not leave Banbury for Swindon he is now saying to supporters would you mind if I left ?? on investment I believe the new stand seats were donated and fitted by supporters, cans of painted were donated by Dulux ,tatty secondhand furniture was brought in from a local night club for the clubhouse. I reckon the playing budget is the same as last season, so I ask again what investment and would it matter if Jed did leave ?? the supporters are the ones that deserve a pat on the back.   
##And I happen to know exactly where that paint came from and who organised it, donated by Dulux of course. I know the bloke who runs the bar at BUFC.
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 01:30:07 »

I'm not debating or knocking his achievements.

I think he's made a mountain out of a molehill and when (if) he goes to another club he'll quickly realise just how good he had it here. When you see someone as calm and restrained as Wenger losing the plot during a press conference, what chance does Paolo have at the top level?

Don't feel particularly bitter, betrayed or annoyed. It's his decision, life goes on, we're top of the league. But I feel let down - he continually goes on about loyalty and respect all the time but has shown fuck all of either to the fans and players this week.

Yep, exactly.

It will take time for everything to settle into whatever form it is going to take, so I may change my views down the line.

I was one of those in the middle ground - fascinated, excited and moved by him on the one hand, frustrated
and somewhat suspicious on the other. So I settled for 'enjoy the ride cos it will all end in tears' approach. And I
enjoyed the ride.

Suspicious inasmuch as I wondered (for example) how much of the scarf-waving stuff we saw was more about ego than about 'love for us' [of course it can be both]. But this business of the poor players being left to train and select their own team [imagine what a headache that will be, given that the captain was fired by someone who had already left !]...welll....

Whats that saying about 'nothing in life reveals a man so much as the manner of his leaving' ?? Something like that.

It's all started to remind me of a certain dynamic that can be found in certain 'gang' types of communities. I use to live in the EastEnd of London [during my pertiod of exile] and you would hear 'It was much better round here when the Krays were around - much safer' etc. A kind of 'follow your leader and he will look after his children' dynamic.

Thats what I'm starting to sense here. We love him partly cos he buys pizzas and clears the snow, and all of that wanting to be the figurehead stuff etc.

So by those standards, right now I have no hesitation in saying 'PDC, you ran away ! You are the chihuahua [sp] !

More than that, you left your players in the lurch as well as the fans. You failed to live up to your own self image. You have failed the test of a leader, and reveal yourself to be a tantrum-throwing wannabe Samurai, more upset by perceived slights to themselves than the community they pledged to protect.'

And so on.

As for Black and the rest - you are beneath my contempt for how you have treated the club.

kerry red

« Reply #155 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 07:12:15 »

If we're going to be without a manager for a while, having players like Digby around can only help.

Is there anyone else we can round up?

I can pop round the Dolphin and have a word with Phil King
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 07:28:35 »

I think getting here on the back of our worst season ever and only having about 7 pro's was pretty tough...

Personally I think that made it easier for him... If he had to take over the dressing room responsible for the relegation it would have cost even more money to get rid and in likelihood resulted in an all out brawl...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 07:51:20 »

More than that, you left your players in the lurch as well as the fans. You failed to live up to your own self image. You have failed the test of a leader, and reveal yourself to be a tantrum-throwing wannabe Samurai, more upset by perceived slights to themselves than the community they pledged to protect.'
Totally agree Paddy. When the going got tough, the Italians reinforced their own national stereotype and headed for the hills.

Yes, he may well have been lied to. Yes it may have been a bit of a mess behind the scenes which lead to transfer deals falling through - Boo fucking hoo. Welcome to the rocky and perilous world of football management where amazingly enough, not everything always goes your way. I would have thought that the desire to finish the job that he started, the fantastic squad of players that he himself assembled and the fantastic support from the fans would have made him want to stay and tough it out and see the job through and bollocks to the other stuff.

Clearly not.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 07:53:25 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 08:19:30 »

This better get sorted sooner rather than later... he's been gone less than a week and it seems the players have already forgotten about professionalism and discipline, getting legless and arguing down the pub.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 08:21:00 »

This better get sorted sooner rather than later... he's been gone less than a week and it seems the players have already forgotten about professionalism and discipline, getting legless and arguing down the pub.
Care to elaborate??
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 08:22:50 »

That's it really... few of them apparently got battered and were arguing amongst themselves. We didn't really hear stories like that often in the last year or so.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 08:27:29 »

No press conference after all. Statement expected today to confirm takeover
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 08:27:39 »

That's it really... few of them apparently got battered and were arguing amongst themselves. We didn't really hear stories like that often in the last year or so.
But I mean, where?....when?.....sauces? etc etc

Getting pissed up is not a crime in itself, it all depends on the circumstances.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #163 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 08:28:39 »

A mate of mine runs the Vic. There were a few players in last last drinking and doing karaoke apparently.
Barry Scott

« Reply #164 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 08:31:35 »

On wacky Wednesday, they must've got right on it. Paolo's teachings obviously failed to impact them in a way that would change their careers then.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: