Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town statement on takeover and managerial situation  (Read 31721 times)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 08:32:40 »

Oh right... few friends saw them in the Vic last night. I know having a beer isn't a crime, and after the week they've had they probably need to unwind, but was just concerned that the old school bad habits might creep in without the influence of a permanent disciplinarian. A lot of our success has been down to fitness and a professional attitude.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 08:38:56 »

I expect they are already looking forward to a Thursday night out and cheap drinks down the bottom of town as we speak!
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 08:39:14 »

love hearing stories like this when a manager goes. Back to the old ways, we're all doomed, we will get relegated now, Swindon will implode etc etc

let the players unwind and relieve some pressure that they've had on their shoulders for quite some time. They're top of the league and deserved a drink. I'm sure they're focused on what is required

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 08:47:02 »

You're probably right, wish I'd not read so much into it!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 09:03:38 »

You're probably right, wish I'd not read so much into it!

Not at all. Its disappointing to hear.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 09:07:13 »

Not at all. Its disappointing to hear.
Not really Batch. The players from every on of the other 91 teams go out for a few drinks. Why should ours be any different? I don't suppose for one minute that it stopped completely when PDC was still around.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 09:15:36 »

Not really Batch. The players from every on of the other 91 teams go out for a few drinks. Why should ours be any different? I don't suppose for one minute that it stopped completely when PDC was still around.

It doesn't really matter what other teams players do, its not a about a few drinks, its was the bit about  "a few of them apparently got battered" which disappoints (if true). It ain't great with a game a few days away. I don't expect them to live like saints mind.

Anywho, no takeover press conference today but a statement of confirmation expected instead apparently to avoid detracting from the pre-match preparations/routine.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 09:26:39 »

If we were bottom of the league rather than top how would people feel about the players going out and getting battered the night before training?!

Just because we are top of the league after 32 games is no reason to lose the professionalism and have a few drinks to celebrate!
Flashheart

« Reply #173 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 09:28:45 »

I don't suppose for one minute that it stopped completely when PDC was still around.

I'm sure I read somewhere they were allowed to go out on the piss. Just not x days before a match.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 09:30:55 »

If we were bottom of the league rather than top how would people feel about the players going out and getting battered the night before training?!

Just because we are top of the league after 32 games is no reason to lose the professionalism and have a few drinks to celebrate!

Indeed.

Although expecting the players to keep up the discipline now Paolo is gone would be like expecting a class of 13 year olds to sit quietly and do some work without a teacher.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 09:39:32 »

Has the press conference been cancelled?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 09:45:02 »

Has the press conference been cancelled?
Yes!!  Although there is one at lunchtime with Miller and Ward apparently, a staatment will be issued by the club but they didn't want a press conference to distract the players.  The press conference is expected next Wednesday after the Bury game!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 09:51:10 »

Miller and Ward sounds a bit like a cheap ITV cop show.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 09:53:24 »

Miller and Ward sounds a bit like a cheap ITV cop show.

Or a BBC1 sketch show, I'm thinking Friday nights at 830
Flashheart

« Reply #179 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 12:21:06 »

Sounds as though it's done
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: