Pages: 1 ... 432 433 434 [435] 436 437 438 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1650604 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #6510 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 11:31:10 »

Kalvin Phillips.

Why, just why does Southgate persist with him?

I read somewhere that had played more times for England the last year, than he has for Man City.

Lewis Dunk played well last night
To be honest, I thought Phillips was very good last night. Maybe not playing regularly for City makes him hungrier and maybe more energetic.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6511 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 11:37:12 »

To be honest, I thought Phillips was very good last night. Maybe not playing regularly for City makes him hungrier and maybe more energetic.

I think Phillips needs to get himself out of City, just doesn't seem to fit there and he won't stay in the England squad forever not playing.

In a different way its similar with Foden who is absolutely thriving and pushing on now De Bruyne is injured but I fear may go back to bit part once De Bruyne is fit again.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6512 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 13:50:57 »

On the flip side, Pep turns good players into absolute marvels.  I'm still not sold on Grealish for example, and it took him a good year to understand what was being asked of him, but I can't doubt his impact on the team these days.  Foden is similar - Pep just seems to be able to gradually invest a player everything they need to maaster their role.  Gundogan was another - a pretty damned good player, but one of the best in the world when he arrived? not likely.  Yet he looked unplayable towards the end of last season.

I actually think Phillips will be the best player he can be if he stays at Man City, soaks it up and puts in the effort.  If he doesn't, sulks a little or doesn't really invest his full attention and moves on, then he will just be what he is right now.  A good player, great engine, but not really a top world talent.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6513 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 15:25:52 »

Reading deducted another 3 points

Fucking hell, make an example of them ffs. Expel them or something.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6514 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 15:29:18 »

What were they initially deducted?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6515 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 15:32:39 »

There's an old rivalry with them waiting to be reignited!

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6516 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 15:34:34 »

Swap leagues I reckon.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6517 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 15:35:43 »

Not really unless you're from Hungerford/Newbury way. No more relevant to us than Forest Green, Cheltenham, Wycombe, etc.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6518 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 15:39:36 »

Not really unless you're from Hungerford/Newbury way. No more relevant to us than Forest Green, Cheltenham, Wycombe, etc.

They used to be in the mid 70's through the 80's when they played at Elm Park until we went seperate ways.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 15:43:31 by Jimmy StoppedMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6519 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 15:43:11 »

‘ Reading Football Club can confirm that a suspended three-point penalty has been activated as a result of owner Mr Dai failing to deposit an amount equating to 125% of the club's monthly wage bill into a designated account by the deadline of Tuesday 12 September 2023, as ordered by the Independent Disciplinary Commission in its decision of 15 August 2023.

Last month, the club received a one-point penalty in relation to breaches of Regulation 64.7 of the EFL Regulations (relating to three instances of late payment of player wages), with a further three-point suspended penalty to be applied should the club fail to pay players' wages on time on any further occasion before 30 June 2024, or should the deposit payment fail to be paid.

The points deduction will now be applied to our League One total with immediate effect.

As communicated to our supporters previously, Mr Dai is currently undertaking an ongoing process of seeking sources of stable external investment for the football club, with the aim of mitigating the risk of cashflow complications arising in future.’

Eat Shit and Dai
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6520 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 15:47:17 »

‘ Reading Football Club can confirm that a suspended three-point penalty has been activated as a result of owner Mr Dai failing to deposit an amount equating to 125% of the club's monthly wage bill into a designated account by the deadline of Tuesday 12 September 2023, as ordered by the Independent Disciplinary Commission in its decision of 15 August 2023.

Last month, the club received a one-point penalty in relation to breaches of Regulation 64.7 of the EFL Regulations (relating to three instances of late payment of player wages), with a further three-point suspended penalty to be applied should the club fail to pay players' wages on time on any further occasion before 30 June 2024, or should the deposit payment fail to be paid.

The points deduction will now be applied to our League One total with immediate effect.

As communicated to our supporters previously, Mr Dai is currently undertaking an ongoing process of seeking sources of stable external investment for the football club, with the aim of mitigating the risk of cashflow complications arising in future.’

Eat Shit and Dai

So its not actually a new case, just a suspended deduction coming into effect for them still being shit.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6521 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 15:48:54 »

It does say the points deduction will be applied with immediate effect. Table shows them in a relegation spot.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6522 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 15:54:42 »

Eat Shit and Dai

Cheesy
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #6523 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 17:10:22 »

Or if you are an older fan, ie before the piss stains got in the league.
Back then it was Reading as the only other options were the Bristol clubs & they had each other.

The thing is being from the west of the county City & Rovers we’re more of a rival than the piss stains
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6524 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 17:17:35 »

Or if you are an older fan, ie before the piss stains got in the league.
Back then it was Reading as the only other options were the Bristol clubs & they had each other.

The thing is being from the west of the county City & Rovers we’re more of a rival than the piss stains

I can remember many tasty games v Reading although they never brought that many here.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 434 [435] 436 437 438 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: