Pages: 1 ... 431 432 433 [434] 435 436 437 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1649855 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6495 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 16:20:58 »

If Southgate was to go, there just seems to be no realistic options out there to replace him.

This is the problem, for all the success of having consistency going forward can you imagine the response if they went down the same route they went with Southgate and appointed Lee Carsley to the gig!

Whatever happens Southgate should go after the Euro's next summer, cannot see the point disrupting things before then.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6496 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 16:28:27 »

Potter & Howe are the only two options at the moment. Looking further ahead maybe Rooney will become a successful league manager and be offered the job.

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6497 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 16:30:14 »

Depends if the FA wants an English manager. Thank God Flynn is Welsh!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6498 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 16:31:21 »

Klopp maybe🤔

So, give no fucks
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6499 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 16:39:38 »

Potter & Howe are the only two options at the moment. Looking further ahead maybe Rooney will become a successful league manager and be offered the job.

Fuck me no, this is my point, there is no one else.

Even foreign managers, I can’t think of any realistic options.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6500 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 16:50:46 »

It's a massive problem and one the FA must be dreading.

So, give no fucks
adje

Ignore
« Reply #6501 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 16:55:48 »

I am probably going to be in the minority here...

(I may have missed this subject, sorry if so)

Maguire is in the England squad.  I really don't think it's right to go with a completely new CB partnership in a competitive game, Stones is injured, we cant be starting with 2 CB's who have no international experience so I think SlabHead is vital as an accomplished international performer as someone to intergrate the new generation into the squad.

I can see everyone moaning if we went with Marc Guehi and Colwill straight away if it didn't work out.  Maybe the future but not now.
I'm in the same minority then. All this Maguire bashing is getting tiresome. He gets blamed for everything in some quarters. Even the other night when Rice completely  failed to track the goalscorer. What is the point in picking completely different sides every competitive game just because someone's had a couple of decent games in the Prem?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #6502 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 20:53:36 »

My son sent me a quote the other day that  Southgate was going after the Euros in 2024, and the FA wanted Pep as his replacement. Could be bollocks but Pep’s City contract expires in the summer of 2024.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #6503 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 20:58:22 »

My son sent me a quote the other day that  Southgate was going after the Euros in 2024, and the FA wanted Pep as his replacement. Could be bollocks but Pep’s City contract expires in the summer of 2025.

he would have the pick of world football and would be incredible to see england play football with him. sooner he fucks off from city the better
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6504 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 06:22:52 »

The best bet would be Mourinho.
He’d fall out with players, the press, god knows who else.
He’d probably play some mind numbingly boring football…
…but he’s always ground out result & won things everywhere he’s been (apart from Spurs)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6505 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 06:55:02 »

The best bet would be Mourinho.
He’d fall out with players, the press, god knows who else.
He’d probably play some mind numbingly boring football…
…but he’s always ground out result & won things everywhere he’s been (apart from Spurs)

A lot of the 'ire' of some of the England fans are that Southgate it too defensive and with an exciting group of players tends to prefer to play with the handbrake on. I can't see that going from Southgate to Mourinho would be altogether popular.

That said, you can't argue with what he has achieved as a manager. In essence I'm probably agreeing with you, but with that said, I'm not sure it would ever happen. I wonder, if for continuity sake the under 21 manager would be promoted? *checks who that is* Lee Carsley and Ashley Cole.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #6506 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 07:02:56 »

A lot of the 'ire' of some of the England fans are that Southgate it too defensive and with an exciting group of players tends to prefer to play with the handbrake on. I can't see that going from Southgate to Mourinho would be altogether popular.

That said, you can't argue with what he has achieved as a manager. In essence I'm probably agreeing with you, but with that said, I'm not sure it would ever happen. I wonder, if for continuity sake the under 21 manager would be promoted? *checks who that is* Lee Carsley and Ashley Cole.
The interesting thing about Carsley is his U21 teams are super attacking. He goes a bit 'FIFA' and often his central midfielders are wingers or attacker's dropped deeper. It may have been isolated to their most recent tournament rather than a sustainable long term solution, but it was very vibey and fun. Doubt it would win a men's tournament mind.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6507 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 09:05:04 »

It would not be exciting that’s for sure but I *think* people would cut Mourinho some slack on the basis he’s won a lot of trophies.

Wouldn’t we all take dour Mourinhoball to see England win a major tournament?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6508 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 09:08:50 »

Kalvin Phillips.

Why, just why does Southgate persist with him?

I read somewhere that had played more times for England the last year, than he has for Man City.

Lewis Dunk played well last night
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6509 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 09:44:47 »

My son sent me a quote the other day that  Southgate was going after the Euros in 2024, and the FA wanted Pep as his replacement. Could be bollocks but Pep’s City contract expires in the summer of 2024.

Considering how much Pep seems to thrive on the day to day of training players I just can't see him taking a national job until right at the end of his career (if ever!).

But Mourinho is a 'name' isn't he, never underestimate the hypocrisy of a football fan.  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 433 [434] 435 436 437 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: