Pages: 1 ... 367 368 369 [370] 371 372 373 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629071 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5535 on: Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 15:50:28 »

fairly unheroic 9000th post.

We don't need another hero....

Lets be honest, there are no posts worthy of one-upmanship after an individual posts about losing all their clothes in a back alley
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #5536 on: Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 15:58:44 »

Should only be handball if…

1. The player gains an obvious advantage
and/or
2. It’s deliberate

If a shot is smashed at a defender from 2 yards away and his hand/arm is in a position where if they didn’t exist it would still hit another part of his body. Not handball.
If they are raised in a position where if they didn’t exist the ball would continue on its original trajectory but does not because of them. Handball.

If a shot is going high and wide and it just about brushes someone’s hand that makes no difference to the balls trajectory or anything in the entire universe. Not handball.

This is my view also - totally agree

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #5537 on: Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 16:08:27 »

We don't need another hero....

Lets be honest, there are no posts worthy of one-upmanship after an individual posts about losing all their clothes in a back alley

Wanna know what I did last night?
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #5538 on: Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 18:43:44 »

Wanna know what I did last night?

I doubt he does. I think most of the forum in fact are not interested in the little fantasy exploits of the ‘night before’ that you write about.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 18:46:37 by Boy About Town » Logged

Now, ain't that just like me?
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #5539 on: Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 20:37:11 »

Oooh a forum rivalry.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #5540 on: Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 21:53:02 »

Unheard of.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #5541 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 06:49:38 »

I doubt he does. I think most of the forum in fact are not interested in the little fantasy exploits of the ‘night before’ that you write about.

Fair point. Carry on then.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5542 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 09:58:56 »

BAT is not the forum rep Benny.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5543 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 13:22:48 »

After beating Bradford 3-0 in their replay last night it looks like Exeter will be kicked out of the FA cup for making 6 subs instead of the permitted 5.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5544 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 13:23:20 »

After beating Bradford 3-0 in their replay last night it looks like Exeter will be kicked out of the FA cup for making 6 subs instead of the permitted 5.
Really? that makes me laugh! thats shoddy management if you cant even count subs!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5545 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 13:31:48 »

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/sportlatest/19722834.fa-investigate-exeter-break-sub-limit-bantams/
DerbyRed

Ignore
« Reply #5546 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 13:38:13 »

Surely the 4th official should have picked that up??
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5547 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 13:41:14 »

Surely the 4th official should have picked that up??

Exactly. All he has to do is subs and time.

And the ref should note it in his notebook, or is that old school?

The Grecians made a sixth change – one more than allowed - when they brought on Josh Key for Sam Nombe at the start of extra-time.

The competition rules state that clubs “may use five ... substitute players at any time in a match (including during any period of extra-time).”

Clubs are permitted a further opportunity to make a sub during extra-time – but not go above the five-change limit.

Not sure I understand the BIB. It was clear up to that point

edit: oooh  I didn't realise the limited number of times you can make substitution(s) during a game was a thing .

It is pretty clear in the FA cup rules though. Muppets.

ii) In the Competition Proper, a maximum of nine substitutes may be nominated. Subject to the below a Club may at its discretion use five of those substitute players at any time in a match (including during any period of extra time). Each team is only permitted a maximum of three opportunities to make substitutions during normal time in the Match (excluding half time). If the Match proceeds to extra time, each Club will be permitted to carry over any unused substitution opportunities into extra time and will be permitted an additional (fourth) opportunity to make a substitution (excluding (i) the break between full time and extra time and (ii) at half time of extra time). A substitution can only be made when play is stopped for any reason and the Referee has given permission. Prior to the substitution being made the Club must identify to the Match Officials the number of the player out and the player in, in accordance with the Official Team Sheet.

iii) In the Competition Proper, if a player suffers a concussion (or potential concussion), the Club and its opponent shall be permitted to use additional substitution(s) in accordance with the relevant IFAB protocol adopted by The Association and in force from time to time. Concussion substitutions shall be permitted to be used in addition to the substitutions listed above. If The Association has adopted an IFAB protocol for the purposes of the Competition, this shall be communicated to competing Clubs in advance of the relevant Round.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 13:52:13 by Batch » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5548 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 13:50:47 »

Exactly. All he has to do is subs and time.

And the ref should note it in his notebook, or is that old school?

Not sure I understand the BIB. It was clear up to that point

edit: oooh  I didn't realise the limited number of stoppages to make substitutions during a game to make subs was a thing .

It is pretty clear in the FA cup rules though. Muppets.

Isn't it five, with a sixth only allowed for concussion?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5549 on: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 13:52:49 »

Isn't it five, with a sixth only allowed for concussion?

yup, and the opponent gets a freebie too. I've edited my above post with the actual wording as its clearer!
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 369 [370] 371 372 373 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: