Pages: 1 ... 363 364 365 [366] 367 368 369 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1628902 times)
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #5475 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 07:46:46 »

It’s been deleted. What was the general gist?

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5476 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 07:59:24 »

It’s been deleted. What was the general gist?

That Newcastle fans have been through 'footballing torture' for the last 14 years or so. He was getting pelters from people advising that supporting Bury or Macclesfield is more like 'torture' compared to the plight of Newcastle. I guess he got tired of trying to put over his point of view.

Premier league fans are literally the most dramatic people on the planet, pathetic.
« Last Edit: Friday, October 8, 2021, 08:05:56 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5477 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 08:21:27 »

I'd explain Nick, but

"Unless you are a Toon fan, you have no real concept of what football torture is. It's not just what happens on the pitch, but more so, it's what happens off it. A chairman that hates us, and refuses to invest. 10 years of pain, a ground that has slowly degraded. we need this!"
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5478 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 08:28:08 »

I'm all a bit torn about this, having lived up there for a while I have a soft spot for Newcastle and if I have a 'big' team its probably them so its nice to see them getting away from Ashley. On the other hand a large number of their fans have acted like entitled twats for 2 years about this and made pricks of themselves.

The whole SA thing stinks, but the PL trying to suggest it was some sort of moral thing is bollocks, it was all to do with the TV rights and when that was sorted it all clicked into place.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5479 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 09:09:12 »

I've nothing against Newcastle, just this post.

they're not even the most 'tortured' team that play in black and white stripes, and whose name begin with N
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5480 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 09:16:41 »

Nothing says innocent like a NDA followed by getting it dismissed on a technicality.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58840227
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5481 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 09:37:51 »

'Boro fans felt left out....

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/taliban-to-take-over-middlesbrough-fc-20211008212884

Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #5482 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 10:32:34 »

Football fans have fucking short memories, if Newcastle go on a 3 game winning run or win a trophy they won't give a flying fuck where the owners come from.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5483 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 10:36:14 »

Football fans have fucking short memories, if Newcastle go on a 3 game winning run or win a trophy they won't give a flying fuck where the owners come from.

Not sure I have seen any NUFC fans give a shit where the cash is coming from they are high on money and power at the moment, rather ironic after all their bleating about cartels being too powerful etc?

Be interesting to see having pushed for the deal, how critical any Chronicle reporters dare to be if things turn sour on or off the pitch.

Kudos to Steve Bruce he managed to cling on for long enough to get a decent pay off.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #5484 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 10:43:21 »

Not sure I have seen any NUFC fans give a shit where the cash is coming from they are high on money and power at the moment, rather ironic after all their bleating about cartels being too powerful etc?
I have several (about 10) mates who are Geordies and fans and at least 3 have questioned the background of the consortium. One of my friends, the ex cofounder of Viz, Simon Donald (self proclaimed Geordie media whore), is being exceptionally outspoken already about it.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #5485 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 11:47:55 »

Or their ‘Wonga’..
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5486 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 11:50:20 »

I have several (about 10) mates who are Geordies and fans and at least 3 have questioned the background of the consortium. One of my friends, the ex cofounder of Viz, Simon Donald (self proclaimed Geordie media whore), is being exceptionally outspoken already about it.

Fucking name dropper!  Cheesy Wink

I must confess due to Covid I have not discussed it with my closest Geordie mates who tend to be more cerebral than those on Facebook who I went to Uni with who seem to have turned rather Tommy Robinson in recent times and see the takeover as brilliant and throw all manner of whataboutery about if anyone queries.

See Eddie Howe is currently bookies favourite to replace Bruce, that would be hilarious and rather contradict the Benitez level manager many fans think they will be getting.

Most interesting, who is going to be their Robinho, hope its Countinho!
Barry Scott

« Reply #5487 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 12:11:08 »

All the clubs, except NUFC, being angry at Newcastle takeover!

One presumes that the takeover was originally stopped because the PL wanted to protect the big 6. I wonder if any of the “big 6” have said, “see, this is why we wanted to super league, the big 6, needs to stay the big 6!” I think it’s hilarious.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/08/angry-premier-league-clubs-demand-emergency-meeting-on-newcastle-deal
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5488 on: Sunday, October 24, 2021, 10:55:45 »

Seems everybody’s favourite scouse Manager, Joey Barton, has managed to infuriate another section of society by using the word ‘holocaust’ in his post match interview yesterday.

Say what you like, but he’s a full on loony tune.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #5489 on: Sunday, October 24, 2021, 10:59:13 »

Seems everybody’s favourite scouse Manager, Joey Barton, has managed to infuriate another section of society by using the word ‘holocaust’ in his post match interview yesterday.

Say what you like, but he’s a full on loony tune.

Maybe he should team with PDC for a footballing management dream team with Roy Keane as fitness coach?
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 365 [366] 367 368 369 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: