Pages: 1 ... 351 352 353 [354] 355 356 357 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1650618 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #5295 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 19:09:34 »

And Ed Woodward resigns. They'll win in the end of course, but a little bit of comeuppance being dished out for the next few days would be lovely.

At least that equalises things a bit.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5296 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 19:10:05 »

Agnelli gone too. This is great.

Obviously none of the actual owners will suffer at all, but I'm bang up for a few twatty executives getting the heave ho too.
Hunk

« Reply #5297 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 19:13:43 »

He was leaving anyway. This obviously has nothing to do with it. Pure coincidence
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #5298 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 19:42:01 »

They should all be kicked out anyway.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5299 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 20:07:18 »

Absolutely. They swaggered around, threatening the rest of football with their nuclear option and it turned out to be a water pistol. Start next season on -20 points for the lot of them.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5300 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 20:11:38 »

The problem is of course that even if the Franchise League collapses as it looks like it will, we just revert to the status quo with the ever more tedious Champions League, baked-in financial superiority in the top two divisions distorting the competition etc etc. The whole rotten edifice needs tearing down. Delighted if the Franchise League does collapse but the Premier League and UEFA are hardly friends of football. It's a bit like defeating ISIS and only having to deal with dear old cuddly Al Qaeda
Hunk

« Reply #5301 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 21:07:32 »

Really liked Sterling’s ‘Ok bye’ tweet. Succinctly dismissive
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #5302 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 21:17:55 »

Yep. They served notice. Bye all.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Hunk

« Reply #5303 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 21:48:50 »

They are all about to quit
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5304 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 22:12:29 »

it's collapsed . well it has for the EFL teams

gambit: failed
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #5305 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 22:23:45 »

Misguided suits thought they had it all figured out but it was never going to make it through the countless amount of red tape.

I'm cynical as to how influential 'fan power' really was but it's a cute story and the silly six clubs will make fans feel all warm and fuzzy by stating that supporter influence changed their minds but the reality is that this was nothing more than an advanced toe-in-the-water exercise (big decisions being announced despite seemingly no infrastructure beyond a rip off logo and clubs agreeing).
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #5306 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 06:12:49 »

Misguided suits thought they had it all figured out but it was never going to make it through the countless amount of red tape.

I'm cynical as to how influential 'fan power' really was but it's a cute story and the silly six clubs will make fans feel all warm and fuzzy by stating that supporter influence changed their minds but the reality is that this was nothing more than an advanced toe-in-the-water exercise (big decisions being announced despite seemingly no infrastructure beyond a rip off logo and clubs agreeing).

Exactly why the premier league should still kick out the six clubs.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #5307 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 08:10:02 »

Absolutely. They swaggered around, threatening the rest of football with their nuclear option and it turned out to be a water pistol. Start next season on -20 points for the lot of them.

Though I agree that these clubs should be punished, a points deduction just punishes the fans - it's exactly the same arguement as we are having about Swindon and Power.  They need to start punishing the owners, not the fans. 

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #5308 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 08:14:54 »

im sure the same swindon fans are telling the fa not to deduct the club points but to charge the people involved within our current case...

the fans didn't sign up for the ESL. that much is evident.

EDIT (must read above post before posting)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5309 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 08:19:09 »

Though I agree that these clubs should be punished, a points deduction just punishes the fans - it's exactly the same arguement as we are having about Swindon and Power.  They need to start punishing the owners, not the fans.  

Not altogether sure how they can punish the owners, fine would have to be truly colossal to be any more than petty cash to the big clubs.
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 353 [354] 355 356 357 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: