Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chairman  (Read 61403 times)
Didcot ben

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 16:15:45 »

One thing I've taken away from all this is that
The club are trying to be more commercial hence replacing
Wary with some one with more experience (if you can call it that) this
Should hope fully bring in more revenue for the club and also lift the
Transfer embargo giving di'canio more funds if needed.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 16:22:58 »

One thing I've taken away from all this is that
The club are trying to be more commercial hence replacing
Wary with some one with more experience (if you can call it that) this
Should hope fully bring in more revenue for the club and also lift the
Transfer embargo giving di'canio more funds if needed.

I like this...a kind of free form poetry....
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 17:52:14 »

I've taken a couple of days to digest these changes before making any comment and I can't really see any cause for alarm.

Our main benefactor is not going anywhere, in fact, his recent decision surely only reinforces the fact he is very invested in seeing us continue in the right direction.

Wray was a good chairman who had a rapport with the fans. Fitton before him was equally excellent and Wray continued his work, I have no doubt that a man such as Patey who is so experienced in public relations and diplomacy will continue with the transparent and open chairmanship we've enjoyed since the takeover.

Paolo may very well have lost his key ally but if Black's plan is to rein not only the spending but to exercise greater control of Paolo then I don't see this as a bad thing at all. Paolo might walk but I think we all know that he could walk out at any moment with the drop off a hat such is his temperamental manner.

Finally, if this season marks a solid step forward in the ground redevelopment and we miss out on promotion, I'll take that.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 18:08:51 »

Paolo may very well have lost his key ally...

McBeal?

[url width=300 height=400]http://www.lex100.com/images/ally-mcbeal.jpg[/url]
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 18:15:02 »

McCoist, our secret signing that will win us the league?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 18:17:27 »

this is why i don't bother making serious comments anymore.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 18:37:45 »

Well I'd prefer to take Andrew Black's word on when the decision was taken, rather than yours. His tweet on Monday;

I'd call that a while back, but feel free to call it whatever you want.
Oh God, not minute textual analysis again. Whatever, he'd been thinking about doing it for a while maybe. Lovely. Nonetheless the decision when taken was sudden, unplanned (in terms of the timing or else why not do it at the AGM/close season) and in the normal run of things most companies aren't in the habits of just sacking their chairmen unless there has been a sudden event/row/discovery of chairman in state of undress in the ladies to precipitate such an unusual event. Which was my original point in response to Rob's "Nothing to see here" post. But it really doesn't matter that much. If you'd rather see it as the careful long-planned execution of a well thought-out strategy that's all fine. What matters is how it works out.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 18:43:33 »

this is why i don't bother making serious comments anymore.

Did you ever?
Flashheart

« Reply #458 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 18:48:41 »

Pauld.

I have already copied this tweet from Black

Andrew Black ‏@bertthebold
@ceej69 ...I don't want to go into detail here. I decided at the beginning of the year that we needed an experienced chairman.
 View conversation   Reply  Retweet  Favorite

Is that minute textual analysis, or is it reasonable to think that October is at the beginning of the year?
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 19:12:10 »

Did you ever?
Now then now then
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #460 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 19:14:22 »

People are only happy with Black's reasoning because Paolo has stayed (for now). If Paolo had left people would still be going mental.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 19:15:59 »

Finally, if this season marks a solid step forward in the ground redevelopment and we miss out on promotion, I'll take that.

Seems almost sacrilegious to agree with this, but I do.  For the sake of the longer term, we've got to get this redevelopment moving.  I could handle a promotion every two years if I had to.   Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 19:18:20 »

Now then now then

You sound like Jimmy Savile...
STFCFORLIFE

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 19:32:23 »

It still doesn't sit right with me, there's more to it than has been said, my opinion is some kind of boardroom row/issues, to sack Wray in October just doesn't make sense.

Think about if this guy is hardly going to be at the club why didn't they just give him a seat on the board and keep Wray as Chairman? that would have been the better option I think.

Still think it could be due to overspending and the embargo but I'm just guessing, it still smells fishy to me.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 21:05:10 »

Maybe the change has been made because of the spending, in so far as Black realised that the development of the ground and search for suitable finance for that and the club was now a top priority and footballing success on it's own has not bridged the gap quickly enough.  I'd imagine the early success this season means the Championship is a possibility, plus attendances while good are not sufficient to bring in the revenue to sustain this for more than a one year push.

If we go up, we are in a prime position to get the development under way.  If we don't go up, we are not going to keep up the current wage bill under current income for too long.

Either way, I still think this is actually small news.  The oddest thing of all is that Wray was a Chairman.  He still smacks of a Chief Exec to me, and we have one of those.   I assume that Wray was easier to remove financially to bring this guy in, and given his role, he couldn't be the chief exec as he's not going to be hands on enough.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: