Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chairman  (Read 60511 times)
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 19:22:32 »

and start some about him going to Palace instead
Yeah, probably. Every other person I spoke to at yesterday's match mentioned Paolo going to Bolton, a few also had heard Hoddle is coming back here. it's amazing how far and how fast rumours spread.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 19:22:58 »

and start some about him going to Palace instead

No chance they have not got any money
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 19:30:53 »

Reckon the biggest risk is from a bigger club that is on a bad run, needs to get the fans back on side, is willing to take a risk and won't put too much pressure on the manager. Somewhere like Blackburn for example. Though I'm not sure Paolo has done himself many favours over the last few weeks.
red socks

« Reply #498 on: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 20:25:48 »

Reckon the biggest risk is from a bigger club that is on a bad run, needs to get the fans back on side, is willing to take a risk and won't put too much pressure on the manager. Somewhere like Blackburn for example. Though I'm not sure Paolo has done himself many favours over the last few weeks.

Saints chairman losing patience with Adkins, and Paolo's daughter is at uni there,  Hmmm maybe we could do a swap.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 20:34:13 »

Has she got her coaching qualification though?
red socks

« Reply #500 on: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 20:44:50 »

Has she got her coaching qualification though?
A good point well made Smiley
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Sunday, October 21, 2012, 21:27:18 »

I'm really not sure that there's many chairmen out there who would be willing to take a risk on Di Canio.  I think most would see him as too much of a loose cannon and would go for someone more likely to toe the line.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Monday, October 22, 2012, 00:24:52 »

I dont think PDC will leave, he is putting as much pressure on the board as he can with the threats as i would expect any manager to do but if its an open cheque book that he is after where can he go that will give him that. For instance if he chooses to leave swindon for bolton are they going to give him the money to buy a whole new squad, the obvious answer being no. He will be given a small amount of money and told to work with the rest that he has got. The situation PDC now finds himself in is another lesson and art he must learn as a manager. This will also hopefully teach him to pick and choose his players more wisely and not play the law of averages game.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Monday, October 22, 2012, 06:04:31 »

I think I'm upgrading my outlook to cautiously optimistic.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/9998233.SPECIAL_FANS__JURY_WITH_NEW_TOWN_CHAIRMAN_SIR_WILLIAM_PATEY/

SWP answered my question Ground Redevelopment (CG or move away on cards) and partially about the player budget (this season - sounds good, next season avoided answering).

Not sure what to make of the Scottish goat cheese though. The jury is out on that one.
Dozno9

« Reply #504 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 07:30:30 »

Did SWP come down onto the pitch at full time in Saturday? I thought they said something on the radio about him being on the pitch.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 07:58:41 »

I doubt it, he was starting against Arsenal.

Hyuck Hyuck

Things get better but they never get good
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 11:44:27 »

Did SWP come down onto the pitch at full time in Saturday? I thought they said something on the radio about him being on the pitch.

Yes he did, good sign that.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 11:55:25 »

Apparently so, congratulated the players and Di Canio off.
Azza

« Reply #508 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 22:50:31 »

Thanks for letting me know.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Wednesday, October 31, 2012, 12:44:31 »

I caught the tail end on the radio last nitht where it said that Di Cannio has got his first opportunity to talk to the new chairman and the board (?) today since the embargo was put on us so should have some updates tomorrow
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: