Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chairman  (Read 61112 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #435 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 09:54:02 »

Glad to be of help.

It would seem these things do need highlighting at times!
bobby barnes jink

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 10:00:45 »

Glad to be of help.

It would seem these things do need highlighting at times!

Yep, fair enough. I've always been a bit on the paranoid side. Hopefully it's all a case of 'nothing to see here' and business as usual.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 10:05:39 »

I've always been a bit on the paranoid side.

If you've been around the club since the days of Bobby Barnes, I think that's quite understandable.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 11:44:40 »

42 pages of unfounded. Well done everyone!
I only see 30 pages! Is there something being hidden from me? Is there a conspiracy on the TEF? Have the goalpost changed? Are we not working to the 85% Bollocks 20% Football strategy that was clearly laid out at the beginning of this adventure?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 11:51:28 »

That's the problem with accessing the tef via my mobile.
It is amusing to see all these theories though, someone call Mulder & Sculley!

It's All Good..............
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 11:53:05 »

I only see 30 pages! Is there something being hidden from me? Is there a conspiracy on the TEF? Have the goalpost changed? Are we not working to the 85% Bollocks 20% Football strategy that was clearly laid out at the beginning of this adventure?

I'm beginning to think it's all one big conspiracy. Especially as my TEF states 80% Bollocks, 25% Football. If you have more bollocks than me, i wanna know why?!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 11:56:42 »

That's what I meant. I will don the coat and pay you a visit for your disrespect .

Sorry Don, I tend to ignore your posts!  Tongue

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 12:11:58 »

I'm not saying it isn't. But it's not a normal rearrangement of the business, or they'd have done it at the AGM or in the close season as an orderly transition. Not sacking the chairman in the "Statement Monday" farrago we had at the start of the week.

It appears the decision to replace Wray was taken a while back and they waited until the replacement was ready to take over before announcing anything. Nothing to suggest Wray was sacked or that this was a knee jerk reaction to anything.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 13:21:51 »

How did you come to that conclusion.

There has been nothing, anywhere to suggest anything of the sort. Quite the opposite in fact.

I don't know...

Wray is told to step down - he does so

Wray is asked to stay on the board - he turns it down.

We can all speculate on the reason but ultimately there must be some changes to the dynamics for this to happen and if Wray believed the business plan going forward would only enhance the club and still be aligned with original agenda and wasn't going to put him in an untenable position why would he stand down?

Likewise why would the club come out and publicly state that they were no longer pushing for promotion , they wouldn't because it would publicly destabilise the club so they may well publicly state the agenda hasn't changed  but what happens in reality at be completely different - I guess we will only find out in due course when funds do or don't become available.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 14:35:54 »

It appears the decision to replace Wray was taken a while back and they waited until the replacement was ready to take over before announcing anything.
Well, 10 days ago. That's not really "a while back". If this had been a normal transition, they'd have done it at the AGM or over the close season
Nothing to suggest Wray was sacked
Erm, there's Wray's statement.
AT THE specific request of the club's majority shareholder, Andrew Black, I have been replaced as Chairman of STFC by Sir William Patey at a meeting of the Board on Friday 12th October.
I don't know what you call that but I call it being sacked.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 14:54:15 »

Well, Andrew Black tweeted himself that they'd been wanting to change Chairmen since the summer.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Flashheart

« Reply #446 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 14:56:03 »

Andrew Black ‏@bertthebold
@ceej69 ...I don't want to go into detail here. I decided at the beginning of the year that we needed an experienced chairman.
 View conversation   Reply  Retweet  Favorite
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 14:58:57 »

Even I've done him a dis-service there.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 15:06:45 »

Well, 10 days ago. That's not really "a while back". If this had been a normal transition, they'd have done it at the AGM or over the close season.

Well I'd prefer to take Andrew Black's word on when the decision was taken, rather than yours. His tweet on Monday;

Andrew Black ‏@bertthebold
@ceej69 I can promise you it wasn't a decision I took lightly - I was upset for weeks. As Jeremy said to me recently...

I'd call that a while back, but feel free to call it whatever you want.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 15:39:52 »

Well, 10 days ago. That's not really "a while back". If this had been a normal transition, they'd have done it at the AGM or over the close seasonErm, there's Wray's statement.I don't know what you call that but I call it being sacked.

Given blacks intention to replace wray has been a goer for a while. I am surprised black authorised such lavish spending over the summer.  Wasn't there an annoucement not to long ago about some of investors putting a further £2m into the club?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: