Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chairman  (Read 61273 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 08:56:59 »

42 pages of unfounded. Well done everyone!

It's All Good..............
Flashheart

« Reply #421 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 09:05:24 »

Apologies, I don't really get your point. I'm saying Wray may not have been willing to continue to work with PDC given the new set of circumstances, because he basically didn't agree with the fact the new regime wanted to deny PDC what they had initially promised him, an open cheque book of sorts. How is that the opposite to what he has said? Wray is loyal to Di Canio and refused to go back on their initial promises.

You do know it has been clearly stated that nothing has changed in regard to supporting PDC?

I know the tin foil hatters are trying to dissect that and turn the positives (i.e: we want to help) into negatives but that's their perogative.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 09:08:48 »

Do you have a small screen? Mine says 29 pages.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 09:11:58 »

Sorry, I possibly wasn't very clear.

You are saying he left completely as he would NOT have wanted to work with Di Canio under these 'new circumstances' as you put it.

I'm saying my reading of what he said was that he left the club because he WOULD have continued a dialogue/working with Paolo and that it would potentially undermine the job the incoming chairman was trying to do.

I think you're both hitting the same point but from different directions... Basically Wray felt it would be untenable continuing to work with STFC due to his commitment to PDC and because they are changing focus away from promotion this season.  Easier to walk away and let the two factions resolve their differences than stay and become another Kofi Annan
DMR

« Reply #424 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 09:12:25 »

Are you pre-empting 13 more pages of cobblers?
Flashheart

« Reply #425 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 09:15:08 »

and because they are changing focus away from promotion this season.  

How did you come to that conclusion.

There has been nothing, anywhere to suggest anything of the sort. Quite the opposite in fact.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 09:17:00 »

It's a safe bet, let's be honest.
bobby barnes jink

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 09:25:11 »

You do know it has been clearly stated that nothing has changed in regard to supporting PDC?

I know the tin foil hatters are trying to dissect that and turn the positives (i.e: we want to help) into negatives but that's their perogative.

Yes, of course. But there are all sorts of types of support. Guaranteeing the club's solvency is supporting PDC. Yet if that means halting the players' revolving door then he may see it differently.

Wray has gone because whatever he was doing, he wasn't doing right, according to his boss/ best mate. Doesn't that mean that things will be done differently from now on?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 09:28:32 »

There has been nothing, anywhere to suggest anything of the sort. Quite the opposite in fact.

Well Wray chucked money into the team, and threre have been quotes where alluding to a difference of opinion on how to  approach progressing the club(will look for them at lunch time if its important). So one conclusion may be that there will be a scaleback/reality check of sorts in the future.

FWIW I think we have to wait and see the actions over the next months rather than second guess what was meant from what was said.
bobby barnes jink

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 09:30:21 »

Sorry, I possibly wasn't very clear.

You are saying he left completely as he would NOT have wanted to work with Di Canio under these 'new circumstances' as you put it.

I'm saying my reading of what he said was that he left the club because he WOULD have continued a dialogue/working with Paolo and that it would potentially undermine the job the incoming chairman was trying to do.

Yep, fair enough, I get you now. I see what you were saying but that reasoning from Wray smacked a bit of a diversion tactic to me. It's all speculation. Never a dull moment. I loved the transparency of the Di Canio/ Wray double act. I hope the clarity continues with the new regime.
Flashheart

« Reply #430 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 09:30:45 »

Yes, of course. But there are all sorts of types of support. Guaranteeing the club's solvency is supporting PDC. Yet if that means halting the players' revolving door then he may see it differently.

Have you seen the second interview?

He directly said they would support PDC by lifting the embargo as a priority and help him to supplement his squad as needed. They have directly said that nothing has changed.

mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 09:31:20 »

as i said some 20 pages previous some rich bloke replaced by another rich bloke
red socks

« Reply #432 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 09:31:34 »

You wouldn't even get that in the yellow pages - I blame cheap Chinese imports
Flashheart

« Reply #433 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 09:34:20 »

as i said some 20 pages previous some rich bloke replaced by another rich bloke

The Mexican one has it exactly right.
bobby barnes jink

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 09:52:47 »

Have you seen the second interview?

He directly said they would support PDC by lifting the embargo as a priority and help him to supplement his squad as needed. They have directly said that nothing has changed.

Thanks for the italics. For emphasis. Very good.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: