Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Apologise or get out  (Read 55218 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:19:21 »

I've burned all my old Town shirts in shame because of WaterBottleGate.

Not very green is it?  Surely better to have cut them up and used them for stuffing a cushion or something.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:20:12 »

Damage limitation is I can get over a loss more than losing a quality keeper.
I wish these issues were kept in the dressing room as they just back people into difficult corners.
Players, Manager and Board.
Nail on the head as usual Duke.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:20:35 »

Interesting points made here.

Makes you come down with an almighty bump alright.
Very sad to witness that yesterday after clocking up more miles and cost.

Damage limitation is I can get over a loss more than losing a quality keeper.
I wish these issues were kept in the dressing room as they just back people into difficult corners.
Players, Manager and Board.

To put another spin on the whole saga I see Caddis was MOM Saturday no surprises and a great player as is Fodds.
Please, please, please not another player casulty this early in the season.

It would have until the after match interview from pdc. if not for wes, damn you wes.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:20:48 »

So in different ways, they're both to blame for the fuckfest the club is now embroiled in.  Until both parties recognise this - and both parties apologise for their part in it - we'll get a Mexican stand off, nothing will get resolved, and Wes will be gone.  Just like Caddis.

We've seen this before.  Unless someone gets them in a room - and Jeremy Wray is probably the only person who can do that - bangs some heads together and gets a genuine apology from both sides, then I'm not optimistic.

And one final thing.  Who benefits from all of this being trailed on live radio?

The players?  No.
The manager?  No.  (Media thinks he's a figure of fun at the moment.)
The fans?  No.  (One thing we all seem to be united on is that these conversations would be so much more productive and motivational if they happened in private.)
The club?  No.

I'm struggling here.  Actually, no I'm not.

The opposition?  Yes.
Any of our regular detractors (Oxford etc.) or anyone who fancies having a pop at STFC?  Yes.

If there is one lesson learned from this, please let it be that PDC should not have sole discretion about what gets said to the media.  He needs support and advice in this area.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:24:17 »

He needs support and advice in this area.

Who will Di Canio take advice from?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:24:37 »

By kicking a water bottle. Really? I don't think so.

The sad thing was that he didn't even connect with that very well!

It was blindingly obvious fro the 1st goal that something wasn't right in the back 5 as they played like they barely knew each other and were just arguing all the time, I do wonder if there is more than meets the eye to this. Don't get me started on Navarro who seemed to spend the first 20 mins berating everyone around him!

This whole case seems to illustrate the paradox of modern football and perceived player power, everyone moans that they have too much power, then if they are substituted 20 mins in they have been disrespected.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #36 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:25:37 »

There is one lesson learned from this, please let it be that PDC should not have sole discretion about what gets said to the media.  He needs support and advice in this area.
I don't think anyone, even of Paolos staunchest supporters would disagree with that comment.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:31:51 »

Who will Di Canio take advice from?

I was thinking about this yesterday.  He's a talented Manager - but not the finished article and he does need a mentor.  If PDC does not have someone there who he respects and can look him in the eye and tell him 'I think you got that one wrong', then we have to change that.  Piccareta, maybe?  Or Jeremy Wray.  (Not that a Chairman should have to be getting his hands dirty with problems like this.)
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:32:43 »

We will know the outcome of this much sooner than the pdc V caddis situation. We cant go through the league with Bedwell and no stand in for the next three games like we did with the caddis. PDC's own ambitions will be at risk if this is dragged out. If an emergency keeper comes in then Wes is off. Watched the you tube vid of the skysports news coverage and by christ did Wes look fuming.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:34:14 »

This whole case seems to illustrate the paradox of modern football and perceived player power, everyone moans that they have too much power, then if they are substituted 20 mins in they have been disrespected.

I do kind of feel a bit for Wes on this front though. It's about as humilating as it gets for a keeper to be subbed early like that. However that doesn't excuse his reaction when coming off as mentioned above.

Both Wes and Paolo are clearly talented and proud people who made errors of judgment in the way they reacted to failure yesterday. However they are in my opinion both crucial components of any success we might have this season, and for that reason I hope they can sack up and sort this out quickly. That is clearly what is in the best interests of the club, which should come above even their individual professional pride.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:34:25 »

Maybe 'arry redknapp could give him a ring and give him a bit of advice.  Or perhaps get a dog so you can hide your bungs (this is obviously not true - arry is whiter than white) is not the advice needed.

Never knowingly overstated.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #41 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:37:28 »

I was thinking about this yesterday.  He's a talented Manager - but not the finished article and he does need a mentor.  If PDC does not have someone there who he respects and can look him in the eye and tell him 'I think you got that one wrong', then we have to change that.  Piccareta, maybe?  Or Jeremy Wray.  (Not that a Chairman should have to be getting his hands dirty with problems like this.)
I was having a chat with Nick Bamosomi during the game yesterday and were talking about something similar.

What I feel is that maybe Paolo needs an experienced assistant to aid him, one who has got the people management skills that Paolo can learn from (I know nothing about Fabrizio Piccareta but he does seem like he is a bit of a Paolo yes man).

Someone that when he sees Paolo about to do something like he did yesterday to say to him "hold on a sec" this may not be the best choice you have ever done" shall we talk about it and reassess this at half time in the dressing room.

The voice of reason that sometimes Paolo has missing but one that maybe he can learn from, a bit like John Gorman.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:43:22 »

There's speaking the truth and there's having a self-indulgent tantrum. It was toe-curlingly embarrassing, grossly unprofessional and has almost certainly (again) cost the club hundreds of thousands in trashing the value of one of our most valuable playing assets.
Whilst I don't like pauld's constant trashing of all things PDC, I do feel he has a point there.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:44:00 »

I was having a chat with Nick Bamosomi during the game yesterday and were talking about something similar.

What I feel is that maybe Paolo needs an experienced assistant to aid him, one who has got the people management skills that Paolo can learn from (I know nothing about Fabrizio Piccareta but he does seem like he is a bit of a Paolo yes man).

Someone that when he sees Paolo about to do something like he did yesterday to say to him "hold on a sec" this may not be the best choice you have ever done" shall we talk about it and reassess this at half time in the dressing room.

The voice of reason that sometimes Paolo has missing but one that maybe he can learn from, a bit like John Gorman.

I can't see PDC accepting the humiliation of an advisor - nobody tells Paolo di Canio how to behave. Paolo di Canio has got on very well being Paolo di Canio. Paolo di Canio wants assistants, players, captains, chairman who just do what Paolo di Canio says - he said as much when he gave McCormack the armband. Paolo doesn't negotiate. You follow or you fall. Paolo di Canio goes onward.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:45:53 »

Whilst I don't like pauld's constant trashing of all things PDC consistency, I do feel he has a point there.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: