Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Apologise or get out  (Read 54556 times)

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 10:50:44 »

Uh.....the clean sheets are the defence not just the keeper....di canio is the manager he manages this team he makes the decision. not wes not you not me not wray only PDC. If Players think they are immune from being subbed then they are fools.

On the flip side, those goals conceeded were collective mistakes. Not down to the keeper alone who was singled out
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 10:51:15 »

..... or more to the point, what he said to the press. The ultimatum was very foolish and could leave us without a senior keeper.

Doesn't absolve Wes of responsibility though. From what I've heard Wes was acting a cock even before he was subbed.
Absolutely right on both points. What Di Canio said was probably correct and Foderingham probably did need taking down a peg or two. But in private. Not even in front of the rest of the team, much less the whole world.

He's pretty much backed Foderingham into a corner that almost forces him out. And pretty much publicly ripped up the contract of one of our most valuable playing assets because that interview's constructive dismissal with spades on.

Foderingham's agent must have spent last night pissing himself with laughter while he rang round every Championship manager offering them one of the best keepers in the League on a free for "only a small consideration for the agent"
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 10:51:57 »

I worry a little about the potential divide that this could cause in the dressing room. We all know what happened when DW 'lost' the dressing room.

I don't think that has happened here yet, but there is certainly a strong chance that it could unfortunately.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 10:52:07 »

So you didn't hear the 20 minute dummy spitting tantrum on the radio yesterday? Or when Caddis was booted out? It's like having a teenage girl as manager.
He did it on the radio he was asked a question he answered it honestly he never kicked a bottle and stormed off after Wes which he could have he let it go. Is he not allowed to speak the truth can he not air his feelings? He is the voice of our team he speaks for the fans(obviously not all of us)
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 10:54:43 »

Uh.....the clean sheets are the defence not just the keeper....di canio is the manager he manages this team he makes the decision. not wes not you not me not wray only PDC. If Players think they are immune from being subbed then they are fools.

And what are they if they think the manager is immune from any sort of control...? or is that ok. You can`t go off on one every time you lose a game or if someone makes a mistake. Wes is 20 / 21 years old and has without question been a part of our success - he is the guy making the saves after all.

Bathtime
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 10:56:13 »

On the flip side, those goals conceeded were collective mistakes. Not down to the keeper alone who was singled out
If PDC would of made 2 changes instead of just Wes would this of happened? maybe not. i agree though wes has been singled out but wes has not done himself any favours
Flashheart

« Reply #21 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 10:56:40 »

he is the guy making the saves after all.

Not yesterday he wasn't.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:00:45 »

He did it on the radio he was asked a question he answered it honestly he never kicked a bottle and stormed off after Wes which he could have he let it go. Is he not allowed to speak the truth can he not air his feelings?
There's speaking the truth and there's having a self-indulgent tantrum. It was toe-curlingly embarrassing, grossly unprofessional and has almost certainly (again) cost the club hundreds of thousands in trashing the value of one of our most valuable playing assets.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:06:50 »

There's speaking the truth and there's having a self-indulgent tantrum. It was toe-curlingly embarrassing, grossly unprofessional and has almost certainly (again) cost the club hundreds of thousands in trashing the value of one of our most valuable playing assets.
Wes has just trashed the whole club by how he acted most fans probably think all our players are like this. If wes would have took it on the chin di canio would of never of had a "Tantrum" if Di Canio would have refused to give an interview people would cry about that. By the way are you not used to him doing this by now? and if not why listen to him?

And the part about trashing the value of wes well he has had a hand in this by throwing his own tantrum
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:11:42 »

I blame the football league for this, if they'd given us a saturday fixture against anyone else or even the town/city/shithole (*delete as apporiate) for having that trade guild thingy meaning the match couldn't take place on saturday then it wouldn't have caused any problems and we'd all happy as larry right. posting on the trival happy thread.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:13:09 »

Foderingham behaved unprofessionally, no two ways about it. I expect better from any half-competent manager, both in terms of behaving as an adult, never mind a professional, and in terms of man management.

Di Canio is behaving like a self-indulgent spoiled teenager and it is costing the club hundreds of thousands. So long as that is balanced with largely upward results, he'll get away with it. Once he hits a wobble though, he's leaving himself nowhere to go. I wonder if that's at least in part deliberate - burning the bridges behind him as a way of trying to force himself to succeed?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:13:20 »

Wes has just trashed the whole club by how he acted most fans probably think all our players are like this.

By kicking a water bottle. Really? I don't think so.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:14:06 »

I've burned all my old Town shirts in shame because of WaterBottleGate.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:16:00 »

That all you got?  Clap
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:18:19 »

Interesting points made here.

Makes you come down with an almighty bump alright.
Very sad to witness that yesterday after clocking up more miles and cost.

Damage limitation is I can get over a loss more than losing a quality keeper.
I wish these issues were kept in the dressing room as they just back people into difficult corners.
Players, Manager and Board.

To put another spin on the whole saga I see Caddis was MOM Saturday no surprises and a great player as is Fodds.
Please, please, please not another player casulty this early in the season.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: