Pages: 1 ... 436 437 438 [439] 440 441 442 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611797 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6570 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 14:32:34 »

Baudry announced. One year deal, as you'd expect, but interesting that they're telling us contract lengths again now.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #6571 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 14:35:56 »

If Baudry can stay fit & replicate his end of season form then that would be a massive bonus.
It's the positive influence in the dressing room that can't be understated though.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6572 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 15:09:31 »

So, based on no actual knowledge at all this was the order of likelihood of re-signing I expected from our contract offers.

Most Likely
1. Harry Parsons
2. Mathieu Baudry
3. Akin Odimayo
4. Mandela Egbo
5. Rob Hunt
6. Jack Payne
7. JoJo Wollacott
Least Likely

Today has given us #2 signing and #4 leaving. Should get clarity on a few more soon enough I'd think.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 16:21:45 by Nemo » Logged
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6573 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 15:22:48 »

Today has given us 2 signing and 4 leaving.

Has it? Eggbo leaving and Baudry staying is the only news I've seen.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6574 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 15:26:06 »

Has it? Eggbo leaving and Baudry staying is the only news I've seen.

As in #2 and #4 on that list.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #6575 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 15:36:22 »

Hoping for a busy few days, let’s hope Chorley gave SL “The List”
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6576 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 15:39:32 »

Ah
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6577 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 15:39:32 »

I read it initially as Chalky did so cheers for clarifying that you meant with the hashes! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6578 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 08:57:21 »

So, having got the cynic bug, the fact that the club seem to be 'going to town' (they aren't really but they are milking it a little) on Frenchie signing a 1 year deal, do we think that's it on the contract extensions now? Obviously yesterday was gutting about Egbo going to Charlton and I really can't see Payne staying despite what others are saying, (would be cock a hoop to be wrong on that one) and we surely can't be keeping back the Parsons/Odimayo contract extension news to attempt to downplay losing Payne? Now Egbo has gone, I think Odimayo staying is more important, he's a decent player across CB and RB if needed and with Hunt likely to go we are very thin on the ground in that position.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #6579 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 09:00:07 »

So, having got the cynic bug, the fact that the club seem to be 'going to town' (they aren't really but they are milking it a little) on Frenchie signing a 1 year deal, do we think that's it on the contract extensions now? Obviously yesterday was gutting about Egbo going to Charlton and I really can't see Payne staying despite what others are saying, (would be cock a hoop to be wrong on that one) and we surely can't be keeping back the Parsons/Odimayo contract extension news to attempt to downplay losing Payne? Now Egbo has gone, I think Odimayo staying is more important, he's a decent player across CB and RB if needed and with Hunt likely to go we are very thin on the ground in that position.
Maybe you are right. Odimayo would be a good signing if we can retain his services. Not too optimistic about Payne.

What does “a cock a hoop” mean? Not heard that one before.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6580 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 09:05:16 »

Maybe you are right. Odimayo would be a good signing if we can retain his services. Not too optimistic about Payne.

What does “a cock a hoop” mean? Not heard that one before.

ha, it's a very old fashioned term moley. The dictionary definition is "extremely and obviously pleased, especially about an achievement - the team is cock-a-hoop about winning it's first game of the season"

I suppose I should be using some of the modern language that the kids use where they remove letters from words to make them 'cool', or words like 'sick', 'tench' or 'groovy' (not sure that one is 'sick' anymore however!)

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6581 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 09:06:30 »

ha, it's a very old fashioned term moley. The dictionary definition is "extremely and obviously pleased, especially about an achievement - the team is cock-a-hoop about winning it's first game of the season"

I suppose I should be using some of the modern language that the kids use where they remove letters from words to make them 'cool', or words like 'sick', 'tench' or 'groovy' (not sure that one is 'sick' anymore however!)
Must admit I never thought anyone would not of heard of the phrase, I still see it in Twitter posts etc so assumed the "yoof" still use it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6582 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 09:22:01 »

molepar

Ignore
« Reply #6583 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 09:36:11 »

That’s good to know. I assumed it was some kind of innuendo based reference (or perhaps Scottish - you’re based up there right?). Very pleased it is altogether innocent and that I have had a lesson in colloquial culture.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6584 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 09:50:10 »

That’s good to know. I assumed it was some kind of innuendo based reference (or perhaps Scottish - you’re based up there right?). Very pleased it is altogether innocent and that I have had a lesson in colloquial culture.

I lived in Scotland for a period of time, aye! It does sound like it should be Scottish right enough.

Pages: 1 ... 436 437 438 [439] 440 441 442 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: