Pages: 1 ... 433 434 435 [436] 437 438 439 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1617199 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6525 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:46:41 »

Garner said in a couple of interviews last season that Parsons was the best finisher at the club, yet when he played him he never played him in a stiking position, always more of an attacking midfielder ala Twine.

So far Parsons has yet to impress me but he did very well at Chippenham when played as a striker where he got 5 goals in 7 games.

I think the problem was the system required the player up top on his own to have a bit more strength about him than Parsons, who would probably benefit from more of a four four two partnership system.

Could have been that famous 'Plan B' that every man and his dog complained Garner was lacking. 
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6526 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:50:39 »

Garner said in a couple of interviews last season that Parsons was the best finisher at the club, yet when he played him he never played him in a stiking position, always more of an attacking midfielder ala Twine.

So far Parsons has yet to impress me but he did very well at Chippenham when played as a striker where he got 5 goals in 7 games.
With Twine he clearly always had technical ability, Parsons however has never shown similar quality.  Unfair to judge him on his cameos but he’s never made any impact when he has played for me and just don’t really see how he will get a look in.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6527 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:52:04 »

If it was just posting stuff on the website then fine, but having to do the same statements across multiple social media platforms as well is tricky.

I'd have thought there would be a cross platform one push and it goes to FB, Twitter and wherever. But I've never really compared posts across SM platforms so maybe it is done individually.

I'd imagine its more this that gets irritating, though I have on occasion added to it!

> Today's Tuesday Town fans

- Announce Salah
- Lindsey Out!
- Worse than Power
- When's the club shop open
- For free streams..
- Foolproof fixed betting

Bet its hard to turn off the "aimed at me personally" aspect
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6528 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:53:35 »

Parsons I've seen glimpses but nowhere near enough yet.

He's hardly played, and has just completed his first year - no way can you judge him yet! Not that anyone has.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6529 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 10:08:55 »

I think the problem was the system required the player up top on his own to have a bit more strength about him than Parsons, who would probably benefit from more of a four four two partnership system.

Could have been that famous 'Plan B' that every man and his dog complained Garner was lacking. 
Yes you are right, Parsons blatantly doesn't have the strength (or skillset) to play as a lone striker which we played in the main last season, McKirdy has pace so can play the wide striker role as he did so well with Barry doing similar on the other side.

Parsons game is not about pace as Twines wasn't but Twine could always find a pass out of nowhere even in his early days he was just too weak physically at times, something he worked on to his benefit while at Newport and it worked wonders.

But with Twine you make a formation around him in the trequartista role, you dont shoehorn him into a position.

Parsons felt shoehorned into the team in positions he was tactically unable to play like wide left or attacking midfield, which is just not his game.

He could do well if played as a 2nd striker off a big man but we do not play that way and unlikely to in the near future either so maybe he would be better off going out on loan for the season (or 6 months) to a team that will play to his strengths like Chippenham/Hungerford etc.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #6530 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 10:12:20 »

Agree, he looks very lightweight. Hopefully a longer loan at a higher level thios season
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6531 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 10:40:53 »

That was probably as the rest of the squad weren't particularly good at finishing so by default he was the best JJ Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #6532 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 11:49:12 »

That was probably as the rest of the squad weren't particularly good at finishing so by default he was the best JJ Smiley
It could be but that was when we had Simpson, McKirdy, Gilbert and Payne.

Actually looking at that and then adding Barry and Davison....you are right!

RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #6533 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 12:24:39 »

....and yet we were the highest scoring team in league 2!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #6534 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 12:31:20 »

Absolutely we were, which is weird as at times it didn't feel so.

I havent seen the chances created vs goals or shots on target/off target/goals but we did seem to miss a fair few good chances, as most sides do at this level, but it just "feels" as though it should have been better to me.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6535 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 12:33:05 »

Shhhh that sounds remarkably like positivity, it appears that such an outlook is entirely banned on this forum at the moment.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #6536 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 12:43:07 »

Egbo gone Charlton
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #6537 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 12:44:35 »

Absolutely we were, which is weird as at times it didn't feel so.

I havent seen the chances created vs goals or shots on target/off target/goals but we did seem to miss a fair few good chances, as most sides do at this level, but it just "feels" as though it should have been better to me.

Mainly to do with the away form.  At home we were decent in patches, particularly at the end but if you only saw home games you would think it was a bit meh!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6538 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 12:44:44 »

Egbo gone Charlton
No great surprise, actually a friend of Garner isn’t he?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6539 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 12:44:51 »

Egbo gone Charlton

Bugger.
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 435 [436] 437 438 439 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: