Pages: 1 ... 432 433 434 [435] 436 437 438 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1617618 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6510 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 08:52:36 »

League 1 clubs considering giving them that and actually making an offer are two different things though.  If he has no concrete offers then it comes down to does he gamble and potentially end up in a location where he is not settled and accepting similar to what we are offering, or does he just take what we are offering, remained settled and not have to uproot again.  He knows he is one of the main men here so will play, likes the group and enjoys the training.  There is a lot to say about all of these things for another year or 2 of being settled and enjoying your day job vs an extra grand a week.
Exactly this.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #6511 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 08:53:22 »

I can't see them playing ahead of Reed, Williams, Gladwin & Payne. I expect the picking of the midfield to be very similar to last season (bar the odd loaney chucked in) it is in defence and up front where we will see most changes I reckon.

Depends on game. I actually think we need another proper midfielder in there. There were games last season we looked better with Reed and Lyden, and just one of Williams/Gladwin/Payne in the three. Same was true in the Wellens season. Grant and Doughty were the main two, with Anderson/DJ as a 10. But sometimes Lyden in there helped.

I think we need another 'aggressive' box to box player in there honestly. Too often it was easy to get around Gladwin/Williams/Payne as none of them have the best legs, or if they do they get brushed off too easily (payne).

So an East upgrade would be a big deal i think. Obv i guess Lyden is still with us, if ever fit.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #6512 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 08:56:27 »

League 1 clubs considering giving them that and actually making an offer are two different things though.  If he has no concrete offers then it comes down to does he gamble and potentially end up in a location where he is not settled and accepting similar to what we are offering, or does he just take what we are offering, remained settled and not have to uproot again.  He knows he is one of the main men here so will play, likes the group and enjoys the training.  There is a lot to say about all of these things for another year or 2 of being settled and enjoying your day job vs an extra grand a week.

Good post and let's hope you're right.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #6513 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 08:56:52 »

It's not James Spencer is it? Smiley Wink

I expect the new guy to stick at what he is good at, maybe others should take a leaf out of that book Cheesy Oh and not to get personal and agressive on SM when important but difficult questions are asked..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #6514 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 08:59:54 »

Depends on game. I actually think we need another proper midfielder in there. There were games last season we looked better with Reed and Lyden, and just one of Williams/Gladwin/Payne in the three. Same was true in the Wellens season. Grant and Doughty were the main two, with Anderson/DJ as a 10. But sometimes Lyden in there helped.

I think we need another 'aggressive' box to box player in there honestly. Too often it was easy to get around Gladwin/Williams/Payne as none of them have the best legs, or if they do they get brushed off too easily (payne).

So an East upgrade would be a big deal i think. Obv i guess Lyden is still with us, if ever fit.

Agreed, but this was in response to Aguiar and Dabre playing more.  I do think we need tougher enforcer type midfielder, which based on Lindsey's early interview, sounds like he probably agrees which is positive

We were way too nice sometimes last season

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6515 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:00:26 »

If we could just permanently fix Lyden he's be a huge option to have but as it stands he's just too unreliable. I can only imagine how frustrating it is for him as he just can never get going before an injury setback occurs sadly.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6516 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:04:47 »

I expect the new guy to stick at what he is good at, maybe others should take a leaf out of that book Cheesy Oh and not to get personal and agressive on SM when important but difficult questions are asked..

Being our media manager is something I could never do. If it was just posting stuff on the website then fine, but having to do the same statements across multiple social media platforms as well is tricky.

I think you have to have a certain character about you, for example on twitter when the club is posting updates about shirt sponsors, kit releases etc the immediate responses are 'announce a manager', 'what about a manager' 'Are we signing any players' etc etc. I don't think I'd have the mental resolve to not tell these people to Foxtrot Oscar. Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #6517 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:09:00 »

You just ignore it though don't you. No matter how much you want to 'retaliate'

ASD has shown a lack of professionalism on a number of occasions running the SM accounts.

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #6518 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:11:36 »

Agreed, but this was in response to Aguiar and Dabre playing more.  I do think we need tougher enforcer type midfielder, which based on Lindsey's early interview, sounds like he probably agrees which is positive

We were way too nice sometimes last season

I think Aguiar showed real glimpses last season. I hope he kicks on. An eye for a goal, he chased and harried. Looked liked he needed more time to get the pace of league football. But hopeful for the lad.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6519 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:17:41 »

ASD has shown a lack of professionalism on a number of occasions running the SM accounts.

That would be the challenge mate, having the strength of character to be able to ignore it. I definitely don't have it for sure.

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #6520 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:18:30 »

That would be the challenge mate, having the strength of character to be able to ignore it. I definitely don't have it for sure.
In his defence it does look like ASD has realised this too
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6521 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:19:45 »

Must have missed this. Biting to idiots, or?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6522 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:37:05 »

Keeping Reed, Williams and McKirdy is even more important now. If they were to get sold before the start of the season then I really feel the mood could get a bit toxic.

Of the players we’ve offered contracts to, Parsons is the question for me. Is he really going to get any game time for us? He’s just not ever shown any evidence of being at the level required. Is it really in his best interests to remain at the club?
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #6523 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:41:49 »

Keeping Reed, Williams and McKirdy is even more important now. If they were to get sold before the start of the season then I really feel the mood could get a bit toxic.

Of the players we’ve offered contracts to, Parsons is the question for me. Is he really going to get any game time for us? He’s just not ever shown any evidence of being at the level required. Is it really in his best interests to remain at the club?
Agree keeping those is huge. I think with Parsons there is a bit of what happens if he does a Twine about him. Worth hanging on to and having a look
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6524 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 09:41:57 »

Garner said in a couple of interviews last season that Parsons was the best finisher at the club, yet when he played him he never played him in a stiking position, always more of an attacking midfielder ala Twine.

So far Parsons has yet to impress me but he did very well at Chippenham when played as a striker where he got 5 goals in 7 games.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 434 [435] 436 437 438 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: