Pages: 1 ... 431 432 433 [434] 435 436 437 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1625910 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6495 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 07:01:05 »

Can see the likes of Taylor Curran and Rockin’ Robin getting a lot of game time next season.
Based on absolutely fuck all logic
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6496 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 07:05:05 »

that's illogical thinking though imo.

the squad was too thin last season and cost us promotion.

we allegedly have a 40% budget increase to address this

It is clear we are looking at how to make the club sustainable, Sandro was brought in to find some pigs to trust for the market.

I guess it comes down to what % of the squad are young hopefuls v some more experienced heads. which I think has been Duke's point for a while

time will tell if you are right. not very long to wait either
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #6497 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 07:27:55 »

I think Aud's probably right, but only because Dabre barely played at all, so it's not difficult for him to get more game time, and Aguiar looked promising and was playing fairly regularly but only for half a season.

I don't think they will be in first choice 11 but will be part of the squad.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 07:35:29 by Pookemon » Logged
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #6498 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 08:10:55 »

I can't see them playing ahead of Reed, Williams, Gladwin & Payne. I expect the picking of the midfield to be very similar to last season (bar the odd loaney chucked in) it is in defence and up front where we will see most changes I reckon.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6499 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 08:14:37 »

I can't see them playing ahead of Reed, Williams, Gladwin & Payne. I expect the picking of the midfield to be very similar to last season (bar the odd loaney chucked in) it is in defence and up front where we will see most changes I reckon.

Confident of Payne staying then?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6500 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 08:17:38 »

Big assumption Payne will be staying of course but on the whole I agree. You've got to think that Scott Lindsey must be kicking himself that we were not able to recruit more strikers and have a deeper squad as that in the end ultimately killed us in the play-offs.

I guess as player contracts are up end of June, that's when clubs are going to be really busy with recruitment. Do we think we'll get news this week on the potential contract extensions?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6501 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 08:22:50 »

If what Payne has actually told people then yes he will be staying, but football is weird and fickle and it only takes one offer to change that.

Currently he says he is happy at the club.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6502 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 08:23:28 »

I’d say he’s basing it off the fact we’ve just given our number 2 the job, after 5 weeks of trying to get others, but chances are we couldn’t get them due to £ being offered, which probably gives him the sense we won’t be making many big moves in the window money wise.

Also, even though it’s a fairly injury prone squad- don’t be expecting a much bigger squad this season. Will be the bare minimum once more I think. Quality > Quanity I prefer…. as long as we have more than enough quality 😂

Or it could be that the club have been thrifty with the manager situation which will benefit the player budget? So the compensation received from Garner and (I'm assuming) Marshall will hopefully go into the player budget. It's not loads granted but as a famous supermarket always says, every little helps!

I'm hoping after last year's transfer success that the club might pleasantly surprise us and be able to bring in a top notch first 11 with some decent depth. We can utilise 5 subs now so no point in having bugger all on the bench this year.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #6503 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 08:31:31 »

If what Payne has actually told people then yes he will be staying, but football is weird and fickle and it only takes one offer to change that.

Currently he says he is happy at the club.

I'm sure he is happy and I'm sure he does WANT to stay. My concern is, it's well documented he was on approx 5k per week with Lincoln still paying a share of his wage.

There's plenty of league one clubs who'd consider giving him that. If we're only offering 2-3k then no matter how much he wants to be here, he'll be off.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6504 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 08:31:54 »

Or the fact we are a league 2 side with a club that are clearing historic debts, planning future development and being very sensible?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #6505 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 08:33:03 »

Anything can happen as we have seen but yes, i reckon he will be here.  More of a chance of Payne playing than Dabre getting more significant game time.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6506 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 08:35:21 »

I'm sure he is happy and I'm sure he does WANT to stay. My concern is, it's well documented he was on approx 5k per week with Lincoln still paying a share of his wage.

There's plenty of league one clubs who'd consider giving him that. If we're only offering 2-3k then no matter how much he wants to be here, he'll be off.

Post pandemic and the rise in cost of living - I can’t imagine there are (m)any clubs willing to offer Payne 5k a week - no offence to him and not a reflection on his talent. Just how much the world has changed since he signed his last contract.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #6507 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 08:39:39 »

Big assumption Payne will be staying of course but on the whole I agree. You've got to think that Scott Lindsey must be kicking himself that we were not able to recruit more strikers and have a deeper squad as that in the end ultimately killed us in the play-offs.

I guess as player contracts are up end of June, that's when clubs are going to be really busy with recruitment. Do we think we'll get news this week on the potential contract extensions?

I reckon those that have signed already will be announced over the coming week.  I could see Baudry, Parsons, Egbo and perhaps Payne announced.  There is a lot of fans positive that the HC has finally been announced but a lot of fans negative about the fact that it is an internal appointment, so I would think that they will want to spam us with a lot of positive news now - especially now the new media guy from Southampton has been hired.  He probably has the tweets already lined up Cheesy

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #6508 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 08:46:02 »

League 1 clubs considering giving them that and actually making an offer are two different things though.  If he has no concrete offers then it comes down to does he gamble and potentially end up in a location where he is not settled and accepting similar to what we are offering, or does he just take what we are offering, remained settled and not have to uproot again.  He knows he is one of the main men here so will play, likes the group and enjoys the training.  There is a lot to say about all of these things for another year or 2 of being settled and enjoying your day job vs an extra grand a week.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6509 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 08:48:59 »

I reckon those that have signed already will be announced over the coming week.  I could see Baudry, Parsons, Egbo and perhaps Payne announced.  There is a lot of fans positive that the HC has finally been announced but a lot of fans negative about the fact that it is an internal appointment, so I would think that they will want to spam us with a lot of positive news now - especially now the new media guy from Southampton has been hired.  He probably has the tweets already lined up Cheesy

It's not James Spencer is it? Smiley Wink

Pages: 1 ... 431 432 433 [434] 435 436 437 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: