Pages: 1 ... 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1625505 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #6180 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:11:14 »

All this talk of reduced budget worries me. Its been dismissed before but people keep saying it. I cannot possibly see the justification coming out of a transfer embargo with the season we've had and the support we've got.

That being said, even with a bit if of a bigger budget I'd expect, we'll still lose some because clubs in higher divisions will come in for them.

Hasn’t it been said that the overall budget is going up, but they’re not going to use it up by paying individuals more.

I guess the point is to have more strength in depth.

There’s probably very few people who really “know” what the real truth is, the rest of us will find out when players sign or leave.

For me we need a core of players for a few years that we can build around.
We are pretty much always going to rely on getting some quality loans in, but feel we need a core of players that are ours, otherwise every season is a major rebuild.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6181 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:25:50 »

Budget will go up but it’ll need to stretch to say 20 first team players rather than 13.

How much is Payne on - as everyone seems to know?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6182 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:28:24 »

Not overly bothered about any of that to be honest. I rate Ward. I don't rate Conroy. Hunt is decent but doesn't really work in out system as a right wing back.

Agreed. I think Ward is more than good enough to be our keeper next season. His kicking/play with ball at his feet, whilst far from perfect has improved as the season has progressed.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #6183 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:34:28 »

Budget will go up but it’ll need to stretch to say 20 first team players rather than 13.

Would be very surprised if anyone on a football message board truly knew what players were being paid. Most players keep respective contract details close to themselves and rightly so.

The Payne interest is really down to the fact that he was on an original 2 year deal from a higher division and would be one of the major higher earners.

Simply have to wait and see what unfolds but not ruling out a Championship move if the interest rumour unfolds.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #6184 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:36:42 »

Agreed. I think Ward is more than good enough to be our keeper next season. His kicking/play with ball at his feet, whilst far from perfect has improved as the season has progressed.

Not commanding enough for me.
Both Conroy and Baudry were screaming a few times for a voice.
We are naturally a quiet team thus keep banging on about experience and game management being naive.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6185 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:42:48 »

Is there really that much of a difference in wages between a L1 and a L2 player?
Same question but for clubs respective income. This season we’ve had better attendance than a lot of clubs the next level up (yes I realise that isn’t the only source of income) so how can they seemingly all pay more and we can’t match that?

Obviously I know we still have stuff going on in the background but you can’t tell me there isn’t also some right basket cases in L1 as well with historical debts and what not
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #6186 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:47:14 »

Is there really that much of a difference in wages between a L1 and a L2 player?
Same question but for clubs respective income. This season we’ve had better attendance than a lot of clubs the next level up (yes I realise that isn’t the only source of income) so how can they seemingly all pay more and we can’t match that?

Obviously I know we still have stuff going on in the background but you can’t tell me there isn’t also some right basket cases in L1 as well with historical debts and what not
My thoughts are similar. Added to that the talk of "increased costs" like it's only Swindon that's effected by this and not every club in the UK.

Sent from my XQ-AD51
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #6187 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:53:29 »

Zero chance it’s a reduced budget as we under a cap this year. Defo won’t be offering wages like Payne was on mind. Could be BS but I coulda sworn Lincoln are still paying part of his wages and they are around the 5k mark.

(Please note the could be BS).
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #6188 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 16:00:24 »

Zero chance it’s a reduced budget as we under a cap this year. Defo won’t be offering wages like Payne was on mind. Could be BS but I coulda sworn Lincoln are still paying part of his wages and they are around the 5k mark.

Why are we still under a Cap? We’re off embargo
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #6189 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 16:01:45 »

Don’t disagree with this, plus a factor to consider is we are saving money by not paying rent to the council, as we now own the ground. I guess for us the difference between L1 and L2 is 1000 average less away fans with Sheff Wed, Rovers, Oxford etc in the league above who’d have sold out away ends
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6190 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 16:05:16 »

The internet rumour was that Lincoln are still paying Payne part of his wages till the expiration of his Lincoln contract which will be this June.

What the figure is and whether it’s true I can’t say.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6191 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 16:26:34 »

[ plus a factor to consider is we are saving money by not paying rent to the council, as we now own the ground.  
No we don't.

Plus the club have to find 1M up front for their half, which is what, 3 or 4 years rent?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #6192 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 16:34:07 »

The internet rumour was that Lincoln are still paying Payne part of his wages till the expiration of his Lincoln contract which will be this June.

What the figure is and whether it’s true I can’t say.

The Top 10 earners at all clubs was reported on a website last season, and that was allegedly from the EFL where wages had to be reported. Don’t know if it’s true, but these were the figures.

5,100 Payne
3,500 Pitman
3,500 A. Grant
2,400 Conroy
2,200 Hope
2,100 J. Grant
2,100 Grounds
2,100 Lyden
2,000 Fryers
1,900 Baudry

Obviously the majority are no longer at the club, and 50% of Payne’s was being paid by Lincoln.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #6193 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 16:41:28 »

No we don't.

Plus the club have to find 1M up front for their half, which is what, 3 or 4 years rent?

Buying the County Ground should not be considered as an cost saving exercise. The stadium has been neglected for years so should be considered as a monthly investment.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6194 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 16:46:44 »

Don’t disagree with this, plus a factor to consider is we are saving money by not paying rent to the council, as we now own the ground. I guess for us the difference between L1 and L2 is 1000 average less away fans with Sheff Wed, Rovers, Oxford etc in the league above who’d have sold out away ends
Next season is going to depressing on that front, there won’t be a single team that brings enough to even contemplate opening the Bank for based on historical followings. Shame we can’t take the opportunity to close it most of next season and get a roof on it as it’s going to be largely redundant.
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: