Pages: 1 ... 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1625502 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #4980 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 20:50:25 »

tonight was it for me, finally accepted it.

without finding who is still in contract just purely on if they were available to keep. who would you keep for league 2? With a new gaffa obviously.

For me: hunt, hope, odimayo, twine, garrick, payne, broadbent, t smith, a grant maybe.  the irony that there are more non-starters than starters in my selection.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #4981 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 20:59:50 »

without finding who is still in contract just purely on if they were available to keep. who would you keep for league 2? With a new gaffa obviously.

For me: hunt, hope, odimayo, twine, garrick, payne, broadbent, t smith, a grant maybe.  the irony that there are more non-starters than starters in my selection.

Twine, Payne and Odimayo definitely, although expect all 3 will be sold if decent offers come in. Hunt and A Grant possibly if they can rediscover last seasons form. Garrick and T Smith as loanees will return to parent clubs. Hope not good enough. Broadbent not fussed.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4982 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 21:08:43 »

I think the players that aren't playing look better than they are because the ones that are playing are so poor.

Odimayo is the only one that I think looks good long term.

A Grant, Payne and Twine if they will stay, but the latter 2 might be best to sell.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4983 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 21:35:46 »

I think players like Caddis, Hunt, Grant and even Baudry can still do a job in L2. This is very much putting my "Reg" hat on but those are the kind of players who are good enough to ensure the clubs football league status is retained. Even Conroy, Fryers & Lyden for ¹/³ of a season each can bring something valuable to the table in L2 and it isn't more salt.

That's the first time, I've probably ever said that with not even one cubic micron millimetre of tongue in my cheek. The issue is with both the "regime" and the "management". Change those and the uplift in the players would be significant.

At present it's like every employee at Town is working for a company that is ignoring every H&S protocol in the book. The employees are all pretty unhappy, except for maybe the odd super old schooler or two that doesn't mind the absence of any regulations. Yet even for them, there are no pension prospects and they are being asked by the owner to utilise inexperienced employees on the payroll, for duties well beyond their pay grade. The fact that they haven't even passed any competencies let alone have any relevant qualifications is also dismissed. Everything is surrounded by an unanswered air of uncertainty. Even the owner of the business is vacant, some employees have never even seen or met him. One or two know him personally (like a Director's nephew as an intern) but doesn't speak about any of it. He knows he's probably being paid more than some of the experienced employees.

There is zero HR (love them or loathe them), there is no one to take accountability. The business just muddles through because it's thankfully been around for a long time - but even now, it is considering permanent closure...right after the owner gets just one more payday.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4984 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 23:52:14 »

Grant, Twine and Pitman
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4985 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 02:58:00 »

Pitman? Jeez!
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #4986 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 06:05:09 »

I think players like Caddis, Hunt, Grant and even Baudry can still do a job in L2. This is very much putting my "Reg" hat on but those are the kind of players who are good enough to ensure the clubs football league status is retained. Even Conroy, Fryers & Lyden for ¹/³ of a season each can bring something valuable to the table in L2 and it isn't more salt.

That's the first time, I've probably ever said that with not even one cubic micron millimetre of tongue in my cheek. The issue is with both the "regime" and the "management". Change those and the uplift in the players would be significant.

At present it's like every employee at Town is working for a company that is ignoring every H&S protocol in the book. The employees are all pretty unhappy, except for maybe the odd super old schooler or two that doesn't mind the absence of any regulations. Yet even for them, there are no pension prospects and they are being asked by the owner to utilise inexperienced employees on the payroll, for duties well beyond their pay grade. The fact that they haven't even passed any competencies let alone have any relevant qualifications is also dismissed. Everything is surrounded by an unanswered air of uncertainty. Even the owner of the business is vacant, some employees have never even seen or met him. One or two know him personally (like a Director's nephew as an intern) but doesn't speak about any of it. He knows he's probably being paid more than some of the experienced employees.

There is zero HR (love them or loathe them), there is no one to take accountability. The business just muddles through because it's thankfully been around for a long time - but even now, it is considering permanent closure...right after the owner gets just one more payday.

Very well summarised.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4987 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 08:18:33 »

Good post Bamboo.

Don't forget there is also the handicap of being forced to play a CB completely unfit for work. What on earth must the other players think when he's bumbling around the pitch not even putting in anything like 60% effort in a fucking relegation dogfight? It would be something that he put in 100% whenever he is on the pitch, but we aren't even getting that. Its just half-hearted, and that is being generous.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Panda Paws

« Reply #4988 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 08:26:18 »

There are plenty of players here that are more than good enough for League 2, and arguably League 1. I honestly can't overstate how much they're being mismanaged, both from a footballing and operations POV.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4989 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 08:30:36 »

Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman? Jeez!

Pitman will get goals if you provide him with service.
Assuming whoever has the say on who stays -  plans to try and provide their strikers with goal scoring chances - then he’s worth keeping.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4990 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 08:34:23 »

Apart from A Grant they’ve all shown they haven’t got mentality for a fight, to keep their heads up when the going gets tough.

If off field activities mean we start with minus points (or even if we are just extremely shit) I wouldnt back the likes of Caddis, Hunt, Baudry, Fryers etc to lead us through the trenches.
Flashheart

« Reply #4991 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 08:35:51 »

There are plenty of players here that are more than good enough for League 2, and arguably League 1. I honestly can't overstate how much they're being mismanaged, both from a footballing and operations POV.

This.

Look at Conroy. We know he's a class player at this level on his day and him playing shit lately doesn't change that. He'd be superb in L2. If he's fit, of course.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4992 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 08:37:47 »

This.

Look at Conroy. We know he's a class player at this level on his day and him playing shit lately doesn't change that. He'd be superb in L2. If he's fit, of course.

Look at Conroy, he’s injured.
Flashheart

« Reply #4993 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 08:38:46 »

Look at Conroy, he’s injured.

I refer you to the last 5 words of my comment.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4994 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 08:42:23 »

Talking of ‘injuries’ what’s the deal with Odimayo?
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: