Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611661 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 16:32:42 »

Cox, Rooney, McEveley, Navarro and Benson would all make our strongest squad, most have a good case to be included in our best 11.

I think there are questions to be asked of Cox (not seen enough) Nevaro (not seen fit for long enough) and Rooney L (50/50, has ability).

No doubt in my mind J Mac is currently better than Byrne and Benson still has enough to at least hold a squad place.

But we can't afford them. And if shifting them means getting more experience in then I guess they need to be shifted ASAP. Probably best for them anyway. I certainly don't hold any grudges against them if they stay because they can't find a club.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 16:32:57 »

And yet none were playing regularly when we were at the top of League One.

...because we had better players at the time keeping them out the team - most of whom have now gone.

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 16:58:09 »

Caddis I didn't include in my duds statement. Benson's legs were gone at the start of last season, he wasn't good enough for us in League One, and he hardly set Cheltenham alight.

Then you've got Cox (dud), Rooney (both dud), Navarro (dud), Collins (doesn't want to be here).

Wrong again leefer x

Bli
Caddis I didn't include in my duds statement. Benson's legs were gone at the start of last season, he wasn't good enough for us in League One, and he hardly set Cheltenham alight.

Then you've got Cox (dud), Rooney (both dud), Navarro (dud), Collins (doesn't want to be here).

Wrong again leefer x

No expensive duds here last season....PDC got us top of the league by using the WHOLE squad...each one contributed including all the expensive duds you mention.

Didn't see your bit about Caddis...i must be blinder than you.

Open your eyes..x
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 16:59:43 by leefer » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 16:59:00 »

Cox didnt Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 17:02:38 »

And yet none were playing regularly when we were at the top of League One.

How can you even judge our best 11 when you haven't seen the majority of them play?

Of the XI that started at Tranmere (a) in Feb and took us to the top of the league...we're left with Foderingham, Ward and Storey. We'd already lost Ritchie, Hollands and Martin, from the side that looked pwerful around the turn of the year.

Nobody has a clue how our inexperienced, much changed side may do...conventional wisdom suggests a struggle, but it doesn't always work that way.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 17:17:37 »

Of the XI that started at Tranmere (a) in Feb and took us to the top of the league...we're left with Foderingham, Ward and Storey. We'd already lost Ritchie, Hollands and Martin, from the side that looked pwerful around the turn of the year.

Nobody has a clue how our inexperienced, much changed side may do...conventional wisdom suggests a struggle, but it doesn't always work that way.

My guess is we wont be top with 6 matches to go.

Thats not knocking the new board or the new players...we all know that things had to change.

Just fed up with the constant barracking of ex players who worked there balls of to get us top before the shit hit the fan.(expensive dud statements)

It was a great squad with a will to win,players like De Vita Benson,Navarro(who was MOM in two matches) all contributing to a team who was top of the league and had very good cup runs in two comps.

Most have left because the new board want to sell them for reasons we all understand.....yet they are getting parting shots akin with players we had previously under Wilson who finished rock bottom.

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 17:49:12 »

This squad is not good enough, not old enough, not experienced enough, not tough enough, not selected with a formation or system in mind, and not chosen by a manager who wants them. And that is a recipe for disaster. I am indeed drunk  though...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 23:24:10 »

Most have left because the new board want to sell them for reasons we all understand.....yet they are getting parting shots akin with players we had previously under Wilson who finished rock bottom.

Yeah, I'd noticed a fair bit of that.  "Last season's underachievers" was a phrase used more than once on Facebook - what, getting to the play-offs at the first time of asking and only missing out on promotion as a result of best player being sold (amongst other reasons, admittedly)? 

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #683 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 01:15:15 »

Surprised people are so precious about describing former or soon to be former players. Isn't it a written rule that you slag off a player as soon as he leaves? Ritchie is a shit cunt anyway.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 06:32:13 »

This squad is not good enough, not old enough, not experienced enough, not tough enough, not selected with a formation or system in mind, and not chosen by a manager who wants them. And that is a recipe for disaster. I am indeed drunk  though...

In the morning you will be sober....and you're statement will still be true.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 09:19:49 »

Surprised people are so precious about describing former or soon to be former players. Isn't it a written rule that you slag off a player as soon as he leaves? Ritchie is a shit cunt anyway.
Nah. I think the modern game has changed this.

Ritchie is a mighty fine player, who is far too good to be playing Championship football. He has matured well and is knocking on the door of the Premiership. He is a highly valued asset of Bournemouth and is one that should be snapped up by a Premiership team as soon as possible. Ritchie's value is only going to go up, so Premiership teams should try to table a cheeky £10million bid to get him sooner rather than at 10 times the value later.

Then, after we get our 20% (or whatever it is) sell on fee - He's a shit cunt!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #686 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 09:24:54 »

Nah. I think the modern game has changed this.

Ritchie is a mighty fine player, who is far too good to be playing Championship football. He has matured well and is knocking on the door of the Premiership. He is a highly valued asset of Bournemouth and is one that should be snapped up by a Premiership team as soon as possible. Ritchie's value is only going to go up, so Premiership teams should try to table a cheeky £10million bid to get him sooner rather than at 10 times the value later.

Then, after we get our 20% (or whatever it is) sell on fee - He's a shit cunt!

I may be wrong, but I seem to remember we sold him without any future add-ons because we were so desperate for cash.
chunky monkey

« Reply #687 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 09:59:32 »

I may be wrong, but I seem to remember we sold him without any future add-ons because we were so desperate for cash.

Seem to recall reading that somewhere
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 10:28:32 »

I was right then.

Ritchie can rot in the south coast sun
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: Wednesday, July 24, 2013, 11:30:06 »

I was right then.

Ritchie can rot in the south coast sun
Apparently so - He's a shit cunt! :-)

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: