Pages: 1 ... 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611538 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6060 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 09:08:55 »

Quote from: DiV
For all the talent Williams, Payne & Reed have they never dominate the midfield and take it to teams or stop teams getting through use. Not convinced Reed adds much but pointless safe passes. Makes Garner hard, does nothing for me…

I agree we don't dominate, but those three are two ball players and Reed.

Reed is my player of the year. Not even close. He does break up play. He does pass.

But he's never going to be a prime Grant or
Jonathan Douglas.. 

it's all a bit lightweight and nice at times. Even with an improved Iandolo in there.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #6061 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 09:10:00 »

Holloway has become a joke. Somewhat a parody of himself. I'd be horrified if he became involved with us at any level

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6062 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 09:26:37 »

I don’t think we should be having the debate (garner has earned a pre-season over the 46 games, regardless of how disappointing this one seems to be ending)

That said the two most successful managers in the past ten years have been mark cooper and Richie wellens, neither of whom would have been many peoples first choice at the time.

Things get better but they never get good
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #6063 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 09:40:00 »

Reed is a great player with time & space, however when he gets the ball and is closed down quickly he pretty much always plays the ball backwards.

That’s what happened in the second half against Newport and we had almost no threat, we were drawn into playing aimless balls forward
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6064 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 11:34:22 »

I like Reed, but he needs some legs and drive next to him, not two flakey players like Iandolo and Payne are in central midfield.  Neither has a decent defensive bone in their body.  Iandolo still drifts too wide and Payne chases around like a school kid.  It provides no shape or structure and leaves Reed sat looking like the only option to defenders when they get the ball.  He looked a much better player when Lyden was next to him and, dare I say it, Gladwin (Gladwin himself did not look great, but I think he offers himself more).  The spine is where I'd be working on replacements - two central defenders, two central midfielders and two forwards, proper ones.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 11:53:50 by RobertT » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6065 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 11:39:26 »

FWIW, Gab Sutton, who is a bit of a geek when it comes to lower league football tweeted that Loius Reed has the vision of a Premier League footballer. I think that's a bit extreme but he's clearly a very good footballer that perhaps is not being utilised as well as he could in Garner's setup?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6066 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 11:42:30 »

FWIW, Gab Sutton, who is a bit of a geek when it comes to lower league football tweeted that Loius Reed has the vision of a Premier League footballer. I think that's a bit extreme but he's clearly a very good footballer that perhaps is not being utilised as well as he could in Garner's setup?

Nope.
Reed rarely moves the ball forward and starts attacks.
Sure our movement up top isn’t great but even when the runs are there he doesn’t find them (he’s not alone in that of course)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #6067 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 14:15:51 »

Nope.
Reed rarely moves the ball forward and starts attacks.
Sure our movement up top isn’t great but even when the runs are there he doesn’t find them (he’s not alone in that of course)

I think that is very harsh, when the movement is there he starts attacks.  Point in case recently, he started the attack for Barry's second on Friday.

Reed is the only player i will be really disapointed to see leave at the end of the season.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6068 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 14:21:00 »

Reed can be an asset.  What he needs is the right players mingled in with him and someone in the central defence who has the balls to tell him to fuck off at the right times.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6069 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 14:22:27 »

Reed sat with L Thompson and Luongo next to him, that would have been lovely to watch.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6070 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2022, 13:52:05 »

McGirty has declared himself fit and raring to go for the remaining dead rubbers
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6071 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2022, 13:59:07 »

McGirty has declared himself fit and raring to go for the remaining dead rubbers

Four games to impress future employers!

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6072 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2022, 14:08:11 »

Four games to impress future employers!
Same applies to Jojo, Reed, Payne and Williams.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6073 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2022, 14:16:46 »

As opposed to the rest continuing to scare future employers off?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6074 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2022, 14:52:10 »

If I was any of those players agents I would tell any scouts to go to the away games only!

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: