Pages: 1 ... 401 402 403 [404] 405 406 407 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1622293 times)
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #6045 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2022, 19:58:10 »

Williams on for Wales last 20
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6046 on: Friday, April 1, 2022, 11:25:23 »

Minturn and Cowmeadow both sign their first professional contracts with the club.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6047 on: Friday, April 1, 2022, 11:36:16 »

Minturn and Cowmeadow both sign their first professional contracts with the club.

I think Minturn was the other day wasn't it.

Did feel a bit sorry for Cowmeadow with the announcement being made within a crop of April Fools being made from various corporate accounts popping up on Twitter!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #6048 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 07:44:37 »

Was having a think about players that we own that I’d like to keep for next year and was struggling to name players who I’m desperate to keep.

McKirdy, iandolo and Reed the standouts and I think players like Odimayo, Hunt, Payne, Woolacott (who has been poor recently but good overall) are worthwhile keeping. Besides from that I’m struggling quite a lot
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6049 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 07:59:10 »

I can't really see Reed (I suspect he'll go back up north somewhere) and Payne (not sure if I dreamt it but Charlton and Franchise were having a look in January) here next season which is a huge shame. I imagine they'll be in league 1 next season. Not sure if he'll stay but without those 2 you'd imagine Jonny Williams having much more of a first team presence. It will be interesting to see if we can get Ebgo for next season, he definitely looks an exciting prospect.

It's going to be an interesting rebuild next season but at least we will be going about it properly and Chorley definitely has the eye for good players so I'm confident we'll put something decent together.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6050 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 08:02:23 »

Was having a think about players that we own that I’d like to keep for next year and was struggling to name players who I’m desperate to keep.

McKirdy, iandolo and Reed the standouts and I think players like Odimayo, Hunt, Payne, Woolacott (who has been poor recently but good overall) are worthwhile keeping. Besides from that I’m struggling quite a lot

Would love to keep McKirdy, Reed, Payne, Wollacott & Williams but suspect that we'll lose at least two of them.

Next tier down ones who I'm happy to see stay would be Iandolo, Odimayo, Egbo, Ward & Hunt.

Then the younger lads who I'm happy to see develop but shouldn't be in the first XI regularly - Aguilar, Parsons, Cowmeadow, Minturn, Idem, Dabre

Happy to see the back of Conroy (just seems like the right time to part, think he'll make a career somewhere else), Baudry (age), Gladwin (under contract so will stay), East, JML & Lyden (injury record, a real shame)

Loanees wise I'm sure they'll all go back but would like to sign any of them - Davison ideally not as the first and only striker but would be a decent part of the squad.

Really don't think that's too bad a hit rate, considering the thrown together at the last minute nature of this squad. Of the two Bens, I think Chorley has proved the better hire so far.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 08:06:56 by Nemo » Logged
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6051 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 08:07:42 »

Aguiar, its Aguiar.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6052 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 08:10:54 »

Keep McKirdy

Wouldnt lose any sleep over the rest going.

Aguiar worth keeping - see how he progresses. Has looked good in games, not so much on others. Egbo worth the gamble as well.

For all the talent Williams, Payne & Reed have they never dominate the midfield and take it to teams or stop teams getting through use. Not convinced Reed adds much but pointless safe passes. Makes Garner hard, does nothing for me…
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6053 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 08:13:01 »

Davison - would be happy to sign on as an option but wouldn’t be building a team around him being the star striker. Tomlinson would be good but think that’s hugely unlikely

Be going all out for Simpson though…
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6054 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 08:21:08 »

According to someone on that Facebook site Wollacott had agreed a move elsewhere. Obviously every comment below was 'good, he's a shite keeper' etc etc. That place makes me laugh.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6055 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 08:34:55 »

Not sure if he'll stay but without those 2 you'd imagine Jonny Williams having much more of a first team presence.

I've always assumed the reason the Williams only tends to play cameo's (and in fact why he is this low in the pyramid) is that h cannot last 90 mins or play twice a week?

According to someone on that Facebook site Wollacott had agreed a move elsewhere. Obviously every comment below was 'good, he's a shite keeper' etc etc. That place makes me laugh.

He hasn't been great since he came back, albeit not sure who would take on a player who will miss a lot of next season on international duty as you don't really want that for your first choice, albeit I suppose he could earn a good deal more as a no.2 in the Championship.

The issue we are always going to have with keepers is that to play Garnerball (or in fact any manager who wants to play football) is that they need to be good with your feet and such keeprs are like rocking horse shit at this level and all liable to a fuck up (otherwise they wouldn't be at this level).
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6056 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 08:38:51 »

I've always assumed the reason the Williams only tends to play cameo's (and in fact why he is this low in the pyramid) is that h cannot last 90 mins or play twice a week?

He hasn't been great since he came back, albeit not sure who would take on a player who will miss a lot of next season on international duty as you don't really want that for your first choice, albeit I suppose he could earn a good deal more as a no.2 in the Championship.

The issue we are always going to have with keepers is that to play Garnerball (or in fact any manager who wants to play football) is that they need to be good with your feet and such keeprs are like rocking horse shit at this level and all liable to a fuck up (otherwise they wouldn't be at this level).

I thought Vigs was good yesterday. Handling and kicking both pretty much spot on.

Ignore
« Reply #6057 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 08:48:04 »

Mckirdy will leave I think and I don't really care for any of them to be honest. None of them are anything special. I'd be speaking to Ian Hollaway and selling the long term plan to him if I was running the club. He could take us forwards as the total football philosophy, although good in theory isn't going to work unless we find a few gems to deliver it. Let's have it right league 2 is extremely poor and there are some dire sides above us in the table.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #6058 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 08:52:20 »

I was thinking about this yesterday and i reckon over the course of a season JoJo will cost us more goals not coming for crosses than Ward would with his kicking
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6059 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2022, 09:05:47 »

Mckirdy will leave I think and I don't really care for any of them to be honest. None of them are anything special. I'd be speaking to Ian Hollaway and selling the long term plan to him if I was running the club. He could take us forwards as the total football philosophy, although good in theory isn't going to work unless we find a few gems to deliver it. Let's have it right league 2 is extremely poor and there are some dire sides above us in the table.

The Ian Holloway who hasn't done more than two seasons at the same club since Blackpool in 2012? There's a time when I'd have quite liked him as a manager but fairly sure he's more of a short term firefighter these days - and not a terribly successful one at that - win ratio below 33% in his last four jobs.
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 403 [404] 405 406 407 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: