Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where to go out in Swindon at night??  (Read 22425 times)
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 10:41:13 »

Bennett is in at least one of them!
i can confirm i am in one

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 10:45:55 »

Well found that man.....a couple in there of Paul Gordon, the laddy that killed himself around 1992 or thereabouts...top lad.

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 11:16:39 »

I only went there a couple of times around those years when i'd got thrown out of brunel rooms or refused entry. Wasn't my kind of place at all really. Was regarded as the place the goths and freaks went to. Always remember they served pints in tankard glasses and the floor was sticky.
Remember that bouncer Mel.

I went in there last year to see a band and it was still the same and the floor was still sticky.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 11:19:42 by arriba » Logged
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 11:19:28 »

I used to frequent Level 3 and still occasionally the Furnace. Although my 'golden era' if you can call it that, was between '95 and '00 before it became the Furnace. Would probably recognise some of you fuckers....
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 11:23:23 »

There's a picture of you on that Facebook page Marky.
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 11:32:27 »

Not with the long hair and that?  Sad
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 12:14:27 »

Oh yes.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 12:32:16 »

i'd got thrown out of brunel rooms or refused entry.

Were you "known" arriba? Smiley

I am a similar age to everyone on here who is talking about clubbing in the early 90's, out of interest does anyone on here from that era still go clubbing? I do the pubs and smaller clubs/late night spots infrequently but I don't think I could go to a big club nowadays.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 12:36:33 by 4D » Logged
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 12:44:42 »

Not enough love for the Royal Oak in here. £1.50 shots and Joycie's everyones pal.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 12:48:12 »

I think I must have become middle aged before my time...because I never enjoyed clubbing.  To me, a club is basically a big, dark pub that charges a massive premium on drinks for no real reason as well as an entrance fee - and then turns the sound system up just high enough so you can't hear what your mates are saying to you.  The basis of a really shit night out.  BUT Good for a bit of a grope on the dancefloor, I suppose.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 12:55:38 »

I think I must have become middle aged before my time...because I never enjoyed clubbing.  To me, a club is basically a big, dark pub that charges a massive premium on drinks for no real reason as well as an entrance fee - and then turns the sound system up just high enough so you can't hear what your mates are saying to you.  The basis of a really shit night out.  BUT Good for a bit of a grope on the dancefloor, I suppose.

I think the same. I'm only 22. I only go because my mates go, and they tend to be the only places open beyond 1

Things get better but they never get good
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 12:56:39 »

haha! I am kind of the same. Had a laugh in places like Magalluf when at the end of my teens, but after that I preferred just staying in a decent bar, as opposed to going clubbing.

Couple of old bastards here Ardiles!! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 12:57:18 »

I used to go to Goldiggers in Chippenham now and then - it's appartments now. Was the club in West Swindon once called Eros as well as Cairos?
Flashheart

« Reply #103 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 12:59:29 »

I had this epiphany sometime in my early twenties.

Although I always found level 3 to be more like a social club than a nightclub.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 13:00:31 »

haha! I am kind of the same. Had a laugh in places like Magalluf when at the end of my teens, but after that I preferred just staying in a decent bar, as opposed to going clubbing.

Couple of old bastards here Ardiles!! Smiley

I'm a miserable old bastard too Smiley
I've probably been clubbing 6 times in my whole life, always hated nightclubs, even as a young'un.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: