Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where to go out in Swindon at night??  (Read 22622 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 13:02:19 »

I would prob recognise you then, used to go there quite a bit back then, but by mid 90s was migrating over to route a little more I think..

Possibly

I stood out a little bit 'cos I generally dressed smarter than the rest, no grungy gear for me. Often in a big group and sometimes with the Hell's Angels on the few occasions they went. Twas a bit of an obnoxious tit if I am honest, doing whatever I wanted to. But I had a bloody good time doing it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 13:02:43 »

The Famous Ale House? It is (or was the last time I went past), but it's a bit of a dive these days.

I still tend to think of it as the Even Swindon Hotel...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 13:04:31 »

Possibly

I stood out a little bit 'cos I generally dressed smarter than the rest, no grungy gear for me. Often in a big group and sometimes with the Hell's Angels on the few occasions they went. Twas a bit of an obnoxious tit if I am honest, doing whatever I wanted to. But I had a bloody good time doing it.

and there was me thinking that was Rik Mayall in your avatar
Flashheart

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 13:05:18 »

and there was me thinking that was Rik Mayall in your avatar

Flash by name, Flash by nature
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 13:05:35 »

Yeovil would be the man for this, but a leftfield crawl for me would be to take in some of the traditional Rodbourne, Railway Village...Faringdon Road pubs.

Have to admit I'm not even certain what's left down there, as it's been years since I ventured that way...seems a bit pointless when I live within 5 mins walk of about a dozen OT pubs.

Could start with a trip to Phil King's Dolphin....is the Redcliffe Street pub still open?  Lovely building. Then round to Railway Village for the Glue Pot, think the Bakers has lost its licence. Is the Cricketers still going?  Similar questions need to be asked of the Grapes, and the Falcon, fairly sure The Greyhound has gone....finish up in 12 Bar.

You could go as far as the Manor Reg!
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 13:06:16 »

were you the guy with very punky spiky hair that used to drive a cab?

(not to be confused with spunky pikey hair - I love a good spoonerism!)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 13:08:09 by jimmy_onions » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 13:10:58 »

were you the guy with very punky spiky hair that used to drive a cab?

(not to be confused with spunky pikey hair - I love a good spoonerism!)

Not me
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 13:11:49 »

Sounds like Vyvian
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 13:16:42 »

You could go as far as the Manor Reg!

Is that what I know as The Steam Train? ...it's confusing when pubs change their names. That's the edge of known territory for me...after that it's "Here Be Dragons"
DMR

« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 13:42:02 »

Ports are we having a little rendezvous then or what?

Cutting to the chase I'd love to bang a 30-something again.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 13:43:34 »

me and yeovil used to go to level 3 all the time, and we are 40. might know you all you fuckers.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 13:46:13 »

Yeovil would be the man for this, but a leftfield crawl for me would be to take in some of the traditional Rodbourne, Railway Village...Faringdon Road pubs.

Have to admit I'm not even certain what's left down there, as it's been years since I ventured that way...seems a bit pointless when I live within 5 mins walk of about a dozen OT pubs.

Could start with a trip to Phil King's Dolphin....is the Redcliffe Street pub still open?  Lovely building. Then round to Railway Village for the Glue Pot, think the Bakers has lost its licence. Is the Cricketers still going?  Similar questions need to be asked of the Grapes, and the Falcon, fairly sure The Greyhound has gone....finish up in 12 Bar.

The Cricketers is still going, been in there a few times over the past year (No, it's no longer a gay pub, before you ask), the Glue Pot is also a good starting point with a decent selection of ales.

The Bakers you're on about, is that the one up from The Cricketers?
I never even knew that existed until a few months ago, there was about 15 of us out, we stumbled in there and they have a decent sized pool room at the back, we spent over an hour in there playing killer.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 13:47:44 by Ginginho » Logged
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 13:58:54 »

Ports are we having a little rendezvous then or what?

Cutting to the chase I'd love to bang a 30-something again.

Wow you are slick, best line i've heard in a long time!! That either means you're getting on a bit or you're really young!!
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 13:59:55 »

Some time back I was going through some of the pics on the facebook "I used to go to level 3" page, or some such nonsense, came across this pic, and fook me I was in it...

for those who care, I am the gay sailor looking type!

* level 3.jpg (50.75 KB, 604x401 - viewed 166 times.)
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012, 14:10:33 »

Is that what I know as The Steam Train? ...it's confusing when pubs change their names. That's the edge of known territory for me...after that it's "Here Be Dragons"
Backs onto Cheney manor
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: