Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where to go out in Swindon at night??  (Read 22180 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 22:15:33 »

Oscars, concords, gold diggers, the venue

Clems Army!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #121 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 22:52:53 »

Clubbing these days is a whole different thing to what it was back in the 90s though.

When I was in my teens, clubbing (in Swindon at least) first meant going Brunel on nappy nights pretending to get pissed up on non alcoholic drinks made to look like alcopops and later ment going to Lava Lounge or Casbah and dancing to cheesy music until 4 in the morning.

If you wanted to go clubbing in the proper sense you had to travel.

My early teens was around the time of the clubland compilations. We just used to hotbox a bedroom and stick on a clubland CD.

The late licence bars have killed the nightclub really (in Swindon at least). There used to be about half a dozen clubs in town, there's only two I can think of now. Although I'm counting the furnace as one of those it's really an anti-nightclub and people only go to Suju because it opens later than anywhere else in Old Town.

Brunel was always my favourite place and there's always been some right dives in town but I've always maintained that it's the company you're in and not the location which makes for a decent night.
fatbasher

« Reply #122 on: Saturday, April 7, 2012, 22:59:51 »

I used to love The Wheatsheaf until Arkells decided to hammer the Landlord for even more of their profits which forced them to put up the cost of a pint of Peroni to £4.50!!

Haven't been in there since!

dporter, depends on what you want on a night out? quiet night? etc etc

Peroni is also £4.50 in the Goddards.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Sunday, April 8, 2012, 07:48:34 »

Well found that man.....a couple in there of Paul Gordon, the laddy that killed himself around 1992 or thereabouts...top lad.

Gordy was one of my best mates. Stupid cunt for doing that. Still hurts.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Sunday, April 8, 2012, 07:55:16 »

I assume it's one you're tagged in......are you still in touch with Laura who's also in that pic? I went to school with her in Eldene.
i am not sadly

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Sunday, April 8, 2012, 09:02:24 »

Clubbing these days is a whole different thing to what it was back in the 90s though.

When I was in my teens, clubbing (in Swindon at least) first meant going Brunel on nappy nights pretending to get pissed up on non alcoholic drinks made to look like alcopops and later ment going to Lava Lounge or Casbah and dancing to cheesy music until 4 in the morning.
In the early 90's i always go to  route 66 & then when they changed that i went to destiny & desire ( before they changed it i had never been in the upstairs part )
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, April 8, 2012, 09:27:18 »

unless your in Nottingham that is, was often the other way round there  Smiley
Our end of season do for Melksham is in Nottingham, so I like this a lot.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: