Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1191835 times)
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #1095 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 04:20:06 »

I agree.  I think the Walking Dead is getting a bit "Lost" (no pun intended); boring the hell out of me.  I've decided to persevere with it thoug, since my house mate still watches it.

Also agree with this entirely.  I can't think of a drama I've seen - ever - that can compete with Breaking Bad.
I can think of plenty of dramas which can compete with Breaking Bad....Deadwood...Game Of Thrones...Sopranos...The Wire...Boardwalk Empire...Hell On Wheels...Dexter...OZ...Rome...Carnivale...Sons of Anarchy...The Walking Dead Wink. Still a shame Breaking Bad hasnt been renewed.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #1096 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 07:40:21 »

I can think of plenty of dramas which can compete with Breaking Bad....Deadwood...Game Of Thrones...Sopranos...The Wire...Boardwalk Empire...Hell On Wheels...Dexter...OZ...Rome...Carnivale...Sons of Anarchy...The Walking Dead Wink. Still a shame Breaking Bad hasnt been renewed.

I'm sort of with you for the first part of that list, although BB is the thing I've got into most recently, and so it sort of trumps the others for me at the moment (mind you very excited by the GoT return next month). After that though I think you're stretching it; Oz deserves respect as the granddaddy of all the high profile, high budget, long running US drama's, Dexter is fun, but Carnivale was a mess that got cancelled after one season, Rome and Sons of Anarchy are pretty much cartoons with nothing like the level of detailed characterisation that the others offer, and The WD is creaking as discussed elsewhere. BE I've not watched yet so I'll reserve judgement.

BB has won all those Emmy's, and other TV awards for a reason.

..never go back.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1097 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 08:40:58 »

BB has won all those Emmy's, and other TV awards for a reason.

West Wing has 27 Emmy's (4th highest of all time) and is fucking epic. Yet it is never in the conversation for best US drama for some reason.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1098 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 11:21:48 »

West Wing is brilliant

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #1099 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 12:19:05 »

In terms of what is greatest, I think The Sopranos has the best cast of characters, The Wire's the most satisfyingly complete, and Breaking Bad the most exciting. Mad Men should be in the conversation, and Deadwood would have been if it hadn't been cancelled.

PS: I don't think BB's not been renewed CW, it's just coming to the natural conclusion of its story arc. Also, I think Carnivale was cancelled after 2 seasons lumps, but agree it's nowhere near the list of great shows. Wouldn't bother with Boardwalk Empire if I were you. Still enjoyable but not up there with the above (though maybe worth watching for Richard the wounded sniper).

PPS: I think the characters in Rome are great, and not at all cartoonish (very difficult when you're dealing with historical figures), though it should have just been a single miniseries.

We really are spoiled for TV drama these days. Just a shame in Britain we can't compete.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1100 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 12:27:22 »

Six Feet Under never gets mentioned yet is fantastic.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #1101 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 12:38:59 »

West Wing has 27 Emmy's (4th highest of all time) and is fucking epic. Yet it is never in the conversation for best US drama for some reason.

You know I've been rewatching this over the last couple of weeks and been reminded of why I loved it so much the first time around.

..never go back.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #1102 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 12:56:35 »

Six Feet Under never gets mentioned yet is fantastic.

Was also one of the originals in the first wave of this new form of high-end US network dramas.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #1103 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 12:58:05 »

Been enjoying Suits series 2 so far.
I really enjoy watching that.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #1104 on: Wednesday, March 20, 2013, 03:06:56 »

So good series never get cut short? Carnivale won emmys 9 of them and was nominated for more, rated top 50 on IMDB so it does have a following.

Now take for instance West wing i don't like it but it doesnt mean its not good to someone.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #1105 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 18:08:13 »

ITV4 HD now showing 'The best of Brazil'.Football at it's best!

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #1106 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 20:46:51 »

What a goal by Balotelli in the Italy v Brazil friendly in Geneva.

Why always him  Cheesy

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Barry Scott

« Reply #1107 on: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 23:33:10 »

Just finishing catching up on, The Walking Dead, as I'd not seen the last 3 episodes. I was loving it a few episodes ago, but it's got really, really boring again.

It's hinting at more action, but it's too tedious a journey to sustain my undivided attention at the moment. Shame.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1108 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 10:26:06 »

Agree with Barry, running out of ideas I think.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
china red

« Reply #1109 on: Friday, March 22, 2013, 10:29:42 »

The Americans and Banshee are two ne TV shows whichare both very good.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: