Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mattia Lanzano (Italian 'keeper) on way  (Read 19178 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 21:02:56 »

Both can go in my opinion, although Lucas is marginally better than Smith in my view.

He just takes forever to distribute the ball, it really gets my goat - I think its something he's acutely aware of judging by his hurried, nervous distribution at the end of last year.

"Fuck you Arch, He's a great shot-stopper", great - thats the line everyone trots out when a keeper is actually rubbish. I think you'll find every keeper is a pretty good shot-stopper, if they weren't then I doubt they'd make it to the professional leagues.

Frank Talia was a good shot stopper (when he wasn't doffing my sister) but funnily enough I don't remember saying that about Diggers, Brez or Shay Given when he played for us.

Christ I'm in a bad mood... Wink

Agree with this,really thought Lucas would be a great capture,to many injuries and as for Smith i am suprised he has lasted so long with us.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 21:04:39 »

I would keep Smith.

Lucas needs a change of scenery. He's been 'injured' a lot lately.

A change would do him good.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 21:06:42 »

I would keep Smith.

Lucas needs a change of scenery. He's been 'injured' a lot lately.

A change would do him good.

As a bartender in the winners lounge, nothing more.  Wink
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 21:10:02 »

Smith is, and always has been, an able enough deputy. Good enough to keep a better goalkeeper on their toes and fill in when needed, too error prone to ever comfortably make the number one jersey his own. Very rarely gets injured too. I'd keep him, but not as guranteed number one.

Things get better but they never get good
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 21:21:30 »

The biggest problem with Smith is that he lacks that commanding presence around the box, he's a good shot stopper but can't really rely on him with crosses and communication etc.

Keep coming back to the point, we're in the 4th tier of english football, what do we expect?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 21:40:09 »

I would have said that the goalkeeping department was about the one area of the squad that really did not need to be looked at, at all until next summer.
Doore

« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 21:41:48 »

I would have said that the goalkeeping department was about the one area of the squad that really did not need to be looked at, at all until next summer.

We ought to look at it now - we've got fucking loads of them.
DiscoDazR

http://twitter.com/DiscoDazR

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 22:07:02 »

55 pictures of today's training session and Smith / Lucas not in any of them! Also couldn't see Amaankwaah but think he's just had his knee op

ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 23:28:37 »

Smith was at the 3 Crowns last Saturday night - I'm his stalker
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 01:41:23 »

Smith is the best keeper on our books and should start the season as number 1.

He's made errors what keeper hasn't. He's had a lot more good games than bad but no one remember the good ones.

As for distribtion.
He holds onto it, waits for people to get in position then rolls it to the full back - boo he held onto it too long.
He holds onto it, waits for people to get in position then kick it long to our strikers - boo long punt up field
He rolls it out quickly to one of the full backs who is quickly closed down - boo should have held onto it
He kicks it out quickly - boo should have waited for our strikers to get into position.

Lucas does all of those exactly the same but no one mentions his distribution - don't know why.

Smiths handling from crosses was better than Lucas last season - he cost a fair few goals with his shit punches.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 05:46:55 »

He's made errors what keeper hasn't. He's had a lot more good games than bad but no one remember the good ones.

As for distribtion.
He holds onto it, waits for people to get in position then rolls it to the full back - boo he held onto it too long.
He holds onto it, waits for people to get in position then kick it long to our strikers - boo long punt up field
He rolls it out quickly to one of the full backs who is quickly closed down - boo should have held onto it
He kicks it out quickly - boo should have waited for our strikers to get into position.

Lucas does all of those exactly the same but no one mentions his distribution - don't know why.

Smiths handling from crosses was better than Lucas last season - he cost a fair few goals with his shit punches.

It doesn't happen often, but I feel compelled to agree with DV!

(I need to lie down)

It's All Good..............
Barry Scott

« Reply #71 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 07:09:01 »

As for distribtion.

I completely and utterly agree. People whinge about Smith's distribution, but it's not really that different from Lucas's - although Smith's kicking is better. They just love to hate him, "because Lucas shouts" (as does Smith, but forget that, he's Smith) and has his sleeves cut off. The only flappy, hesitant goalkeeper that failed to command his area last season and cost us goals was Lucas.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 07:16:33 »

I think Smith's problem is he seems quite meek. Your first choice keeper needs to be commanding even if he's not the most vocal. Smith to me is neither of these and that's why I see him as a more than adequate no. 2.

Having said all that, Lucas is both of the above (in my opinion) but was fucking shite last season so I'd be happy if he fucked off and we brought in a new first choice.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 07:56:18 »

Bye bye Smith please. Lucas is comfortably better and if people dont recognise that had something to do with the difference between the last two seasons!!! Smith makes more howlers than Lucas and lucas is a miles better leader, something PDC wants in his players!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 08:07:09 »

Last season I don't think there was anything to choose between them. Both had howlers at times.

Keep either. But Lucas injuries are a bit of a worry though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: