Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mattia Lanzano (Italian 'keeper) on way  (Read 19008 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 08:02:08 »

Even if Smith or Lucas are going, this seems pointless.

We would be left with either Smith or Lucas, with Scott as no2 and a youth team goalie to bench warm in emergencies.

Just can't understand this at all.
so if Lucas goes or Smith goes we would only have had 2 keepers. We need 3 surely?
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 08:04:10 »

Just to cheer everyone i just heard on the radio that the deal for the Brazilian Striker has collapsed after both clubs failed to agree a fee.  It would seem there is now little chance of this deal being resurrected.

Ah well at least we have another keeper though   Cool

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 08:04:41 »

This is getting tedious. How about we wait and see what happens?!

I'm loving it Juddie

Part of me wants us to hold out for as long as possible before signing anybody
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 08:06:11 »

Yeah how dare we comment on potentially having 4 keepers on the books, meaning one will be leaving. What do you think this is, a football discussion forum.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 08:09:18 »

Bangkok Red - you are a wind up merchant of the highest order sir - I salute you! We used to have a wooden spoon on a plaque at work for the biggest stirrer, I will have to find it and send to you.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 08:11:21 »

Yeah how dare we comment on potentially having 4 keepers on the books, meaning one will be leaving. What do you think this is, a football discussion forum.
No one is saying don't discuss are they? What's tedious is how every signing is now being greeted with we don't need a keeper oh great a defender etc people are just moaning instead of discussing now.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 08:20:11 »

Not being difficult Batch, but people moaning we've got four goalkeepers/no strikers and whatever else when there is still five weeks to go til the start of the season... we probably will sell one keeper, we don't know. we definitely will sign at least two strikers. Why don't we let Paolo build his squad, then criticise if deserved when the time comes?

I'm boring myself even arguing about the fact that it is still very early days in the transfer market. Show me one club that has their completed squad ahead of the new season...
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 08:24:49 »

Juddie, you are right, of course, but.....

It was the club who made such a big deal about getting going faster in the transfer market, and who have repeatedly said that the squad would be assembled before going to Italy.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 08:37:05 »

Firstly, it is natural to react to things as they happen.  I don't think anyone seriously believes this is the final squad. And we agree that the final squad may very well be amazing or may rubbish.

Secondly, its just as tedious to be told commenting on transfer activity/trialists is tedious Smiley

Thirdly Wiggy makes a good point:

It was the club who made such a big deal about getting going faster in the transfer market, and who have repeatedly said that the squad would be assembled before going to Italy.

Personally I don't see how stating getting a forth keeper in is pointless unless one is leavingis moaning about anything whatsoever. At worst its stating the obvious!

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 08:37:16 »

So they made their intentions clear. Good on them.

Doesn't always work out though.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 08:42:40 »

I don't think anyone seriously believes this is the final squad.

Taking into account some reactions yesterday Batch (not yours), I beg to differ.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 08:43:38 »

You're right, wiggy, but...

Whatever Wray says, he'll get it wrong.

He said he wants to finalise the squad before Italy: yeah maybe it's a bit naive, because we all know (history tells us) that it's impossible to conclude all your transfer business so early with players on holiday/sifting through offers. But it tells the current squad they need to make their minds up in order to give PDC an indication of who's here and who's not.

If he were to say: "we'd like to put as much of the squad together as early as possible, but the reality is we'll have to wait. We'll get some players and lose others, but the likelihood is we'll finalise the squad end of July/august" people would criticise for the club not acting earlier.

And if he says nothing he gets hammered for not being transparent!

And Batch, discussing transfers is not tedious, you're absolutely right, but criticising the club for not signing particular players or signing more players in one position is tedious, because it hasn't finished yet - no-one is in any position to comment on the squad as a whole because we're still about 6/7 players shy.

i refer you to the post that described the signing ofd this keeper as 'baffling'. well for all we know smith and lucas might both be off, we just don't know. Yes, it would be baffling if we had four on first day of the football season...
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 08:51:35 »

One thing we can all agree on... if only we could guarantee the team showed as much passion as the fans do on here, whatever their opinion... we wouldn't be in League Two!
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 08:52:35 »

Juddie, you are right, of course, but.....

I agree, but as b3nny says if that was their aim there's no guarantee everything will pan out the way they want.

We've already been told there were at least a couple of deals that fell through at various stages of negotiation, surely it's better for them to then take a little extra time to evaluate the next target and pursue him than to just rush through signing whoever they can to meet this arbitrary deadline? (which I concede they did set themselves).

Until all the departures from last season's squad were confirmed they won't have known exactly what players in what positions they need to bring in, the only glaring ones were at the back and up top and to be fair we've signed two defenders and a striker already. I'm certain there will be a few more in the coming days, and also imagine we will flesh the squad out with a few loan signings, which don't tend to get done until closer to the start of the season.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 09:10:35 »

just been reading up on this guy and aparently his height is 171cm. That cant be rights surley? Unless he's got springs in his boots
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: