Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Di Canio in Swindon manager talks  (Read 40089 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 21:23:22 »

I think this is the first time in years a thread that's turned political hasn't descended into personal abuse.

PaulD smells of urine.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #211 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 21:24:29 »

why does he want to come to us?

Big fish in a small pond.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 21:27:39 »

I think this is the first time in years a thread that's turned political hasn't descended into personal abuse.

PaulD smells of urine.
That's more a statement of fact, rather than personal abuse Smiley
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 21:31:50 »

Interesting article indeed. I don't know what the fuck to make of it all really.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 21:37:16 »

That's more a statement of fact, rather than personal abuse Smiley

Alright, go piss up a rope, fuckstick.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #215 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 21:38:49 »

Interesting article indeed. I don't know what the fuck to make of it all really.

Me neither mate.

Nor does anybody else, how do you thing this thread reached 15 page so quickly?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #216 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 21:41:38 »

The fact that a select group of swindon supporting bopards can discuss this so vehemently, suggests the 'media circus' theory wouldn't be far off the mark.

Still it would make things exciting. Last season was about as exciting as the muesli breakfast I've started having.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 21:46:33 »

The fact that a select group of swindon supporting bopards can discuss this so vehemently, suggests the 'media circus' theory wouldn't be far off the mark.

Still it would make things exciting. Last season was about as exciting as the muesli breakfast I've started having.

Careful.  You could drown in a bowl of muesli.

You could be dragged under by a strong current.

(sorry)

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 21:47:59 »

Me neither mate.

Nor does anybody else, how do you thing this thread reached 15 page so quickly?

A bit of lively debate is good though isn't it? I will say this as well. If push came to shove, I would have to take Di Canio, over that prick Magilton any day of the week.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 21:50:58 »

Careful.  You could drown in a bowl of muesli.

You could be dragged under by a strong current.

(sorry)
Jesus fucking wept. That's bloody awful. And I think that's something we can all agree on
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #220 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 21:53:59 »

just hope it's not a cereal occurrence
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 22:05:10 »

Must admit that before today I couldn't actually tell you what fascism was or meant, other than the Mussolini angle. So I just did some Googling and I'm none the wiser - doesn't seem to be any clear definition. Though I couldn't find any current modern day definition that included the word racist or anything bad in fact. George Orwell said this about it, which to be honest is pretty much in line with my thinking....

the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else ... Except for the relatively small number of Fascist sympathisers, almost any English person would accept ‘bully’ as a synonym for ‘Fascist’. That is about as near to a definition as this much-abused word has come

As regards Mussolini, whilst he was a fascist it doesn't mean that all fascists are Mussolini - a mistake some people here seem to be making. Mussolini wasn't all bad either, as others have pointed out and I can't see any problem with taking an interest in him and his beliefs.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 22:18:10 »

Paul

Just the other day you applauded a TEF member on their decision to stand for the UKIP, which to my understanding, is a far right group. A toned down version of the BNP, if you will.

So who is drawing the lines of acceptance here?

WTF? That was me, since when has a party founded by a Lib Dem and a Hungarian Jew and had candidates from all walks of life been a far right group? I'm afraid your understanding is very wrong BR

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 22:26:19 »

ghanimah is a fascist!
deltaincline

« Reply #224 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 23:10:43 »

I've read some dick-waving TEF threads in my time, but this has to be the mother of them all.

Fuck off with your faux self-righteous indignation.

Fuck off with your Poxford / Wankbridge University educated (brainwashed) opinions. None of that bullshit impresses me.

If Di Canio is appointed, I'll back him. I'll do that because of his reputation as a footballer, his character, his potential and his obvious passion for the game.

If he comes out with any stupid political or religious based statements while he represents STFC, I'll join in with the lynch mob and will willingly slaughter him. Till then, leave the fucker alone and quit analysing his alleged past political beliefs.

If Wray appoints him, he'll probably divide opinion in many ways. He'll also unite the fanbase - if only for a while, depending on how successfull he is - in a way not witnessed since Dennis Wise came to town.

Surely that has to be a good thing?

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: