Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Di Canio in Swindon manager talks  (Read 40112 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:42:17 »

A`Mistress should be seen and not heard. Can't believe the cheek of it all
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:42:46 »

OK, so a bloke who passes a law called "The Manifesto of Race" which asserts the racial superiority of the Aryan "race", strips Jews of their citizenship and denies them access to work, puts Jews in concentration camps, tells his mistress he's been a racist since 1921 (according to the mistress) and (again according to the mistress' diary) says "Those bloody Jews, they should be destroyed ... I'll build an island and put them all there" isn't a racist? Seriously?

No, it makes him a fascist. Keep up Paul Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:43:42 »

His Mistress sounds like a right grass.
Went like a fucking train though. And always right on time.

(The quotes were taken from her diaries which she didn't intend for publication, FWIW, they were published a few years back by historians working on the archives of the time IIRC)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:44:59 »

His Mistress sounds like a right grass.

Fucking this

Proven Fact V's the word of a mistress
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:45:00 »

Went like a fucking train though. And always right on time.

(The quotes were taken from her diaries which she didn't intend for publication, FWIW, they were published a few years back by historians working on the archives of the time IIRC)
Wasn't ann Frank was it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:53:57 »

Fucking this

Proven Fact V's the word of a mistress
Writing in her own private diaries, not intended for publication, where she had no reason to lie.

And the "proven facts" you refer to, does include the small matter of a "Manifesto of Race" which (granted on a much lesser scale than the Germans) provided for the legal persecution of Jews. Those not in concentration camps that is. We're not talking WI here are we? Seriously, you're defending Mussolini now? Are you sure that's where you want to be?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 21:01:54 »

Seriously, you're defending Mussolini now?

Of course I'm not.

Just pointing out the FACTS that there is no evidence that Mussolini was racist, until his hand was forced (which it clearly was) by Hitler. An unverified source such as a supposed mistresses' diary doesn't really cut it Paul. Give me facts, figures, dates and actual quotes form the man himself.

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 21:03:21 »

But this is all about Di Canio anyway.

He himself has called the actions of Mussolini 'vile', so we are going off an a tangent here
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 21:05:15 »

He himself has called the actions of Mussolini 'vile', so we are going off an a tangent here

You've both gone so far, you might as well fight 'til the death now.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 21:14:55 »

Just the fascism is not necessarily about racism.

In the same way that the BNP would maintain that they are not about racism.

Come on. Really?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 21:16:22 »

I am honestly indifferent about the whole thing. In my mind the appointment of Di Canio would be great for the club in terms of bringing back some excitement and reinvigorating people's waning interest. But I do also buy into the argument that he's not necessarily the right man in the long term.

However, I fail to see how Di Canio's fascist ideologies will create a "media circus" around the club like some have claimed. No doubt some press will pick up on Di Canio's fascist roots and will report on it but my opinion is that any media hype will be because of Di Canio's stature in football relative to STFC's current status.

I get it, Paul and Sonic are very much against the idea, but I think you'll be heavily outnumbered by people who either don't know about Di Canio's fascism or just don't care.

Agree regarding the hype, that's the media circus I was referring to. I'm very much aware that I'm in a tiny minority here! I don't think there's anything wrong with people separating politics and football or simply not caring about Di Canio's political beliefs either.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 21:17:05 »

Give me facts, figures, dates and actual quotes form the man himself.
July 1938. The Manifesto of Race. Jews are stripped of citizenship, denied employment and otherwise variously persecuted.

But this is all about Di Canio anyway.

We are indeed. And on Di Canio, we're going round in circles. You're prepared to take his "fascist but not a racist" apologia at face value; I'm more of the inclination to look at what he's done rather than the rather mealy-mouthed excuses he's tried to make to the international press. If it looks like dogshit and smells like dogshit, I don't need to pick it up to check. Let's leave it at that.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #207 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 21:17:06 »

In the same way that the BNP would maintain that they are not about racism.

Come on. Really?

I'm not going through it all again just because you can't be bothered to read the thread
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 21:19:00 »

Yeah, but

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 21:20:58 »

fuck me them last few pages took some reading.
will all be in vain as he wont get the job  Grin
 i aint getting into the fascism debate as i dont care.i am interested in what he will potetntially bring as a manager.
why does he want to come to us? why hasn't he took a job elsewhere? why not job in his home country?
all valid questions without even getting into plans for the club.i doubt he even knew where swindon was before this week.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: