Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Di Canio in Swindon manager talks  (Read 41063 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:55:09 »

Anyway if the man is appointed and you all go and sing his name then fuck the lot of you, I'll be done with the club and this forum.

I will. Because I really don't know whether his jiggy right arm proves he is a fascist or a bit dim like Gazza (do you remember when he played the imaginary flute to the Celtic fans while playing for Rangers).

If he really believes in the master race and wants to use the post to promote his views then clearly he shouldn't be near the club. I can't be fucked to read back through the pages to find out.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:55:44 »

I am honestly indifferent about the whole thing. In my mind the appointment of Di Canio would be great for the club in terms of bringing back some excitement and reinvigorating people's waning interest. But I do also buy into the argument that he's not necessarily the right man in the long term.

However, I fail to see how Di Canio's fascist ideologies will create a "media circus" around the club like some have claimed. No doubt some press will pick up on Di Canio's fascist roots and will report on it but my opinion is that any media hype will be because of Di Canio's stature in football relative to STFC's current status.

I get it, Paul and Sonic are very much against the idea, but I think you'll be heavily outnumbered by people who either don't know about Di Canio's fascism or just don't care.

Blimy, this has all created rather a stir hasn't it??

I have to be honest and say that I am with Paul and Sonic on this one.  PDC's beliefs as I shall call them leave me feeling more than a little uncomfortable.  I dont think his fascist roots would cause a circus around the club, I just think he is the sort of individual who would intrigue the media and a circus would be created that way.  I cant really remember if they caused a huge stir during his playing career .... someone on here will be able to tell me I am sure ....

I remember when Wise/Poyet took over and from day 1 I was looking to see if Leeds had won because I was in fear they would take Wise, which they did ...... Could a similar scenario be on the horizon with Di Canio and West Ham??

Wray did say he wanted someone for the next 3/4 years.  I'd be amazed if PDC lasted beyond christmas!

What I dont want is everyone to lose the sight of the bigger picture.  Next year is a huge year for STFC, and the biggest decision with regards to what the next year could bring will be made in the next week.  We need to bounce out of this division first time of asking or we could be down here for the forseeable.

Us fans are never going to agree 100% on who we want/dont want to manage out Footy team.  God it would be dull if we did.

I just think we'd all be better off with a Trollope or a Money or a Parkinson or even a Bodin. Someone with a knowledge of football at this level.  A manager who would know his place and role.  After all there will never be any manager bigger than this wonderful football club!
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:56:10 »

I think Paul was applauding the decision to participate in the democratic process, the 6tradition of which despite its imperfections is something we can be proud of.

I live in a country where democracy doesn't work.

To impose your beliefs on others and claim that a difference of opinion is wrong is rather hypocritical, don't you think?

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:58:07 »

Out of interest what makes you say he is a loon(genuine question). What has he done in football which is what clearly matters here that makes him such a loon.

He is clearly a very volatile individual...we've all seen him do crazy stuff on TV (I absolutely loved him as a player BTW). But to say he wears his heart on his sleeve would be a major understatement. It would take next to nothing in my opinion (and that's all it is) for him to just up sticks and go. I just can't see him staying anywhere close to a year and I think we can probably all agree that that's not what is needed right now. The more I think about it, it's just a really bad idea.

Even if he does well....he's a fucking Faschist...come on people...please be sensible.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:58:30 »

Blimy, this has all created rather a stir hasn't it??

I have to be honest and say that I am with Paul and Sonic on this one.  PDC's beliefs as I shall call them leave me feeling more than a little uncomfortable.  I dont think his fascist roots would cause a circus around the club, I just think he is the sort of individual who would intrigue the media and a circus would be created that way.  I cant really remember if they caused a huge stir during his playing career .... someone on here will be able to tell me I am sure ....

I remember when Wise/Poyet took over and from day 1 I was looking to see if Leeds had won because I was in fear they would take Wise, which they did ...... Could a similar scenario be on the horizon with Di Canio and West Ham??

Wray did say he wanted someone for the next 3/4 years.  I'd be amazed if PDC lasted beyond christmas!

What I dont want is everyone to lose the sight of the bigger picture.  Next year is a huge year for STFC, and the biggest decision with regards to what the next year could bring will be made in the next week.  We need to bounce out of this division first time of asking or we could be down here for the forseeable.

Us fans are never going to agree 100% on who we want/dont want to manage out Footy team.  God it would be dull if we did.

I just think we'd all be better off with a Trollope or a Money or a Parkinson or even a Bodin. Someone with a knowledge of football at this level.  A manager who would know his place and role.  After all there will never be any manager bigger than this wonderful football club!

Hoddle came close Grin
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:01:01 »

« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:03:04 by Costanza » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:01:01 »

OST

The discussion on Nazism and racism has been done already.

Go back through the thread a bit.

What the fuck is your point?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:01:48 »

Herthab is a massive Jew, so if he likes him, we're all allowed to...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:02:10 »

Even if he does well....he's a fucking Faschist...come on people...please be sensible.

What do you have against fascism?
Lumps

« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:04:24 »

Over 40% of you have him as your preferred candidate FFS. Lovely atmosphere it'll be in the Town end in a year or so with all the 14 year old chavs givning it the fascist salutes.

fuck it I'm done with this.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:04:31 »

What the fuck is your point?

The point is that a very string case has been made that he is neither a Nazi or a racist?

Coca Fola

« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:06:21 »

Over 40% of you have him as your preferred candidate FFS. Lovely atmosphere it'll be in the Town end in a year or so with all the 14 year old chavs givning it the fascist salutes.

I think you're overreacting slightly.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:07:03 »

Cheesy

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #178 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:08:11 »

Lumps is complaining about the result of a poll.

Gotta love the irony.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:09:20 »

All we need now is Ironside and we're on for a proper train-wreck.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: