Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Di Canio in Swindon manager talks  (Read 39512 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #240 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 08:18:00 »

I've not got strong views on his political, or ideological beliefs either. What I do have is a dislike for being told by people that he's some kind of Holocaust lover, because he did a few salutes and said he admired some parts of a facist dictator's make up.

FWIW, I don't think he'll be coming. Not because of his political beliefs, but because the board won't see him as the best candidate for the job.
If he does though, he'll have my full backing. I'll just have to try and stop myself becoming a far right fanatic because he's here...
This pretty much sums it up
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #241 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 08:23:30 »

I am warming to PDC as new manager for the boost of a high profile new manager and what that will bring to the fanbase and club as a whole, I also probably wouldn't mind George Burley, I know hes had a couple of failures but hes an ex international manager and has a lot of contacts in the game.

Not keen on Trolly Dolly or Dicky Dosh but feel those two would be the cheap options.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 08:58:29 »

Not sure who I want now, My 1st choice would be Hoddle, but don't think hes really in the frame.

Then i'm torn between the excitement , could be great, could be disaster of Di Canio,.  I'm not too fazed by he's views - as don't really remember it affecting his playing, don't remember him falling out with players, managers etc because of his political views, so don't see why it should be an affect in Management.
If after his interview, the board think his the man, i will be fully behind him

Now George Burley's name has cropped up, I would't mind him aswell as an experienced and well connected Manager.

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 09:02:51 »

i would be alot more optimistic if burley took over than di canio.
hoddle,boothroyd,burley,trollope,all good shouts and would suit us i think.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 09:20:11 »

Generally speaking, have to say I'm quite impressed with the calibre of manager we're being linked with.  Hopefully, that is an indication that some or all of these candidates share the view of many of us that the natural home of a club like STFC is not in League 2.  I'm looking for someone who will take us up next year and at least have us in the play off mix the following year.  (Overly optimistic, maybe, but I'm a fan!)

Burley is someone I would be delighted with, by the way.  (Think my Scottish relatives would be interested by such an appointment as well.)  It didn't work out for him as Scotland boss, but that's hardly relevant to our situation.  His records at Hearts and Ipswich speak for themselves.  Of his other roles, he seemed to do OK at Southampton and Derby...it was only at Palace that things really didn't work out.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 11:00:46 »

I want Di Canio if only to see who out of Lumpy, PaulD and Sonic commits suicide first!

We've got Di Canio, you've got fuck-all-io....

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 11:13:49 »

I want Di Canio if only to see who out of Lumpy, PaulD and Sonic commits suicide first!

We've got Di Canio, you've got fuck-all-io....

I thought this would get Ironside squirting the WD 40!

Clems Army!
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 12:19:31 »

I thought this would get Ironside squirting the WD 40!

Haha, not  quite. I would actually prefer someone who knew div 3/4 better but can't deny the entertainment, especially on here!

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 12:25:58 »

I agree with that

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 12:43:38 »

i would be alot more optimistic if burley took over than di canio.

It won't be Hoddle or Boothroyd.

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 15:21:10 »

i agree.hoddle would have been announced by now if he was taking it,and i dont think boothroyd applied for the job.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 18:53:05 »

Boothroyd had an interesting season last year. Battling for promotion and fighting relegation in the same season.

Andy King reborn?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 18:59:52 »

Aidy Boothroyd has no need to drop to League 2 just yet. We all laughed at Cotterill for thinking he was too good for L1 and, well, he got the Pompey gig. Boothroyd will still attract L1/Championship clubs.

Glenn Hoddle was a nothing story. It's annoying that the talk continued after Hoddle publicly ruled himself out on radio (which wasn't picked up by the Adver).
Spencer_White

« Reply #253 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 19:12:47 »

Dont want Boothroyd anyway. HOOF!
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 23:41:08 »

Make it happen Jw  Jawdrop
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: