Pages: 1 ... 1798 1799 1800 [1801] 1802 1803 1804 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4517735 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #27000 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2022, 14:30:01 »

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #27001 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2022, 14:36:10 »

🤭🤭

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #27002 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2022, 14:42:15 »

Darrell Clark’s the man for that job.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #27003 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 08:34:00 »

Realising some time ago that fretting and/or getting annoyed about things out my control is a waste of energy.

Patience is a virtue, true, but increasingly rare these days.

We are all going to die anyway.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27004 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 08:41:07 »

Realising some time ago that fretting and/or getting annoyed about things out my control is a waste of energy.

It definitely is. Not always that easy unfortunately.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #27005 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 08:43:30 »

Absolutely right. Funnily enough I was chatting about something similar to some people at work yesterday. During the pandemic I think was when this reality set in. Basically my outlook is now that I'm only concerned with what I can control and it makes life a hell of a lot easier.

A good tip I heard was that if you are really stressed out, write down all of the things that concern/stress you out and the ones you are unable to control cross them out with red pen. This then should give you a reality check and hopefully help ease your mind a bit.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #27006 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 08:50:42 »

Wobbly Bob, TEF resident stoic.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #27007 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 09:20:32 »

Likewise about 4 years back reached same conclusion, albeit rather embarrassingly it took my other half to point out I was getting rather difficult to live/put up with as I was getting wound up by things so much.

Made such a big difference to my general happiness just concentrating on things I can influence and whilst far from ignoring shit in the world realising that there is only so much I can do and by getting wound up the only people being affected is myself and family negatively.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #27008 on: Thursday, June 16, 2022, 09:33:24 »

I’m very much in this camp now, my attitude changed after my wife passed away a few years back.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #27009 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 13:10:56 »

Irene deserves an Oscar for this performance...
https://fb.watch/dOQCpmDbdq/
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27010 on: Thursday, June 23, 2022, 09:36:11 »

Grin

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #27011 on: Saturday, June 25, 2022, 20:56:05 »

Noel Gallagher not sure if he's going to have a ham & cheese or cheese & ham sandwich before joining his mates in the bar after his Glastonbury set😀

So, give no fucks
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #27012 on: Sunday, June 26, 2022, 11:34:55 »

Long story short. Way back in 1998 I was seconded on a 6 month position by my employers overseas. Ended up staying 7 years! Prior to leaving my grandad had car trouble so I let him have use of my Cavalier SRi whilst I was expecting to be away for 6 months. Sadly I received a phone call from my father just after a year saying grandad had be diagnosed with dementia and it was quite rapid. He died before my return in 2005 but grandma still alive and continued to live there until she passed earlier this year. So yesterday evening I’m helping my dad and brother remove a few bulking items from the house and garage and my dad wants to check that the old wooden outhouse down the bottom needs clearing and to all our astonishment inside is my old car that I haven’t seen in 25 years and long forgotten about having assumed grandad had sold it before he lost his marbles. I understand this will not be the slightest bit of interest to anyone else but for me it bought back some good memories of my younger days. As of yet we’ve yet to find the keys but hey ho.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #27013 on: Sunday, June 26, 2022, 12:18:54 »

Long story short. Way back in 1998 I was seconded on a 6 month position by my employers overseas. Ended up staying 7 years! Prior to leaving my grandad had car trouble so I let him have use of my Cavalier SRi whilst I was expecting to be away for 6 months. Sadly I received a phone call from my father just after a year saying grandad had be diagnosed with dementia and it was quite rapid. He died before my return in 2005 but grandma still alive and continued to live there until she passed earlier this year. So yesterday evening I’m helping my dad and brother remove a few bulking items from the house and garage and my dad wants to check that the old wooden outhouse down the bottom needs clearing and to all our astonishment inside is my old car that I haven’t seen in 25 years and long forgotten about having assumed grandad had sold it before he lost his marbles. I understand this will not be the slightest bit of interest to anyone else but for me it bought back some good memories of my younger days. As of yet we’ve yet to find the keys but hey ho.

Wow. Hopefully a nice trip down memory Lane for you. Though tinged with some sadness no doubt. On a side note, those Cavalier SRi cars were lovely and I had a spell driving one as a company car. If in a reasonable condition it could be worth a few Bob either to someone who could restore it to its original condition or to you to use once you get some keys?
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #27014 on: Sunday, June 26, 2022, 12:32:47 »

Yeah we’re going back to the house next weekend to continue with the clear out so hopefully the keys will eventually be found as currently the car is locked. Assuming that the car hasn’t moved for over 20 years I probably expect everything is seized up anyway but you never know, would give me something to tinker with until the football season starts.
Pages: 1 ... 1798 1799 1800 [1801] 1802 1803 1804 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: