Pages: 1 ... 2389 2390 2391 [2392] 2393 2394 2395 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5047310 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #35865 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 09:44:39 »

Making later and later for fans getting home

Don't think its going to have a huge effect for the away fans in the Everton-Liverpool game  Wink!

Watched that game, fuck me at times it was like a PL team against non-league in the cup!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35866 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 10:38:44 »

An interesting fact is how much Everton have spent on players in recent years.

I've always dismissed it as "well what do you expect, Everton can't compete in the transfer market".

But their net spend is 5th in the league

https://www.football365.com/news/transfers-premier-league-five-year-net-spend-man-utd-man-city
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #35867 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 10:45:50 »

I've always dismissed it as "well what do you expect, Everton can't compete in the transfer market".

https://www.football365.com/news/transfers-premier-league-five-year-net-spend-man-utd-man-city

I don't pay a lot of attention to the Premier League but because I have Amazon Prime and the father in law enjoys watching the games I have tuned in over the last 2 nights. I thought the Merseyside derby was enjoyable but there was a chasm between the sides. I have always had a bit of a soft spot for Everton, no idea why. At 2-0 down the abuse from the stands was vitriolic and given the huge amount of money they have spent, for them to be so feeble against their biggest rivals and to be closer to relegation than the European spots is obviously massively frustrating for their fans. Rafa Ben is a good manager and on paper they have good players but clearly they are underperforming based on their financial spend. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35868 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 11:03:59 »

Very few managers/DoF are much good at actually working out if Player A or B will suit them. The middling PL clubs seem to think that splashing out good money is enough to appease their fans - whether the player is value/needed seems to come second.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #35869 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 11:13:16 »

I think most of the pre-dates Benitez a cursory looks suggests the only player he paid any sort of cash for is Demari Gray (£1.7m) and bought in c.£8m albeit mainly from the sale of James which wasn't bad business as they paid nowt for him.

Just looking at their squad I assume they have a load of injuries as many I would expect to play didn't last night, plus lost Sigurðsson for reasons.
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 11:22:38 by horlock07 » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35870 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 11:22:16 »

I think most of the pre-dates Benitez a cursory looks suggests the only player he paid any sort of cash for is Demari Gray (£1.7m) and bought in c.£8m albeit mainly from the sale of James which wasn't bad business as they paid nowt for him.

Just looking at their squad I assume they have a load of injuries as many I would expect to play didn't last night, plus lost Sigurðsson for reasons we can't talk about.

That's added good context!
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #35871 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 12:53:16 »

Mad when you see Liverpool only £5m more than Brighton
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35872 on: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 19:36:35 »

Tough Guy

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/19757541.man-rammed-poo-filled-pants-childs-mouth/
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #35873 on: Friday, December 3, 2021, 08:54:32 »

I noticed that story yesterday, grim! Also watching the news last night a dad and stepmum have been found guilty of murdering a 6 year old boy, basically torturing him, starving him and then finally killing him. What's the matter with some people?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #35874 on: Friday, December 3, 2021, 10:29:02 »

I noticed that story yesterday, grim! Also watching the news last night a dad and stepmum have been found guilty of murdering a 6 year old boy, basically torturing him, starving him and then finally killing him. What's the matter with some people?

There have always been wrong un's since time immaterial, its just that it gets more coverage with social media these days.

One thing it does seem to have bought out once again is all the men on social media who seem to be obsessed with the perpetrators of such crimes being anally raped in prison for some strange reason.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #35875 on: Friday, December 3, 2021, 10:35:35 »

They lived 6 doors down from my mate in Clinton Road in Shirley, the adjoining street to Cranmore Road where he was murdered, my friend says they always came over as being extremely chavvy people and always shouting at each other and him and known to be drug abusers.

There will always be cunts that do this and no matter how many laws are there they will always flout them in one way or another and no matter how many safeguards are in place if they want to commit such acts then they will do it.

I hope the wankers get their just rewards in jail. (no not the anal rape fixation mentioned above!) just hurt them and make their lifes hell.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35876 on: Friday, December 3, 2021, 11:48:23 »

Eye for an eye in my book.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #35877 on: Friday, December 3, 2021, 12:43:14 »

There have always been wrong un's since time immaterial, its just that it gets more coverage with social media these days.

One thing it does seem to have bought out once again is all the men on social media who seem to be obsessed with the perpetrators of such crimes being anally raped in prison for some strange reason.

I'd imagine the combination of the Victorians creating a new moral compass (ironic given our actions abroad) combined with the development of the media in the 20th Century combined with increased reading standards mean we get to see and hear more about the bad people.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35878 on: Friday, December 3, 2021, 15:58:50 »

Why do journos reporting trials always describe what the defendant is wearing?

What’s the point in that.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #35879 on: Friday, December 3, 2021, 16:04:59 »

Why do journos reporting trials always describe what the defendant is wearing?

What’s the point in that.

Is this by any chance to do with the Maxwell trial as the reporting of her attire has been particularly incongruous in that case, especially considering the charges, he typed wearing jeans and a fleece.

Anyway what are you wearing big boy.
Pages: 1 ... 2389 2390 2391 [2392] 2393 2394 2395 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: