Pages: 1 ... 2392 2393 2394 [2395] 2396 2397 2398 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5066685 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #35910 on: Thursday, December 9, 2021, 13:03:53 »

I'm a good driver, 34 years and no issues  Smiley
I passed my test on this day in 1984, 37 years and touch wood never had any accident (yes I have witnessed hundred but not in the rear view mirror Wink ), took my Police class 1 tactical pursuit driver course at Devizes Police Station in 1987 and consider myself an adequate driver.

I have taken 2 more advanced driver training and defensive driving courses more recently and passed with distinctions in both. Was a professional driver for several years too in the early 90s.

It amazes me that every time I go out in my car either a car, lorry or motorbike does their best to end their/my life with the low standard of driving that is constantly exhibited now.

Thats why for the last 6 years I have had a dashcam so that if anything does happen then the polive will have enough evidence to bring them to justice.

I drive around 20,000 miles a year now for pleasure (! I rarely enjoy driving these days sue to these twats TBH) and on averag since I passed drove around 30,000 miles every year for work or pleasure, which means I have probably driven around a million miles in that time.

But yes to get back to the point, the general standard of driving now scares me and frustrates in equal measure.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #35911 on: Thursday, December 9, 2021, 13:10:43 »

As mentioned on previous threads, I also use a helmet cam as car drivers simply have no regard for motorcyclists. 

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman

« Reply #35912 on: Thursday, December 9, 2021, 13:13:44 »

As mentioned on previous threads, I also use a helmet cam as car drivers simply have no regard for motorcyclists. 
The same applies to motorcyclists with no regards to pedestrian and other road users safety, there its all square.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35913 on: Thursday, December 9, 2021, 13:15:46 »

The same applies to motorcyclists with no regards to pedestrian and other road users safety, there its all square.

Or speed limits  Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #35914 on: Thursday, December 9, 2021, 13:16:35 »

Or speed limits  Smiley
Also true and overtaking on solid white lines which happens almost every time I go out.

JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #35915 on: Thursday, December 9, 2021, 13:19:30 »

Also true and overtaking on solid white lines which happens almost every time I go out.

Of course, this is permitted in very limited circumstances

Nothing to see here
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #35916 on: Thursday, December 9, 2021, 13:19:51 »

Just to pick up on these two points try being a cyclist, some of the stuff you get to see is absolutely mental.

But there are shite drivers/riders/walkers in all forms, what always rather shocks me are some of the most twattish when riding a bike are motorcyclists who pass with fuck all space, I always kind of thought there would be some sort of solidarity with both being vulnerable, likewuise round here where I ride regularly is up towards the Grizedale MTB centre and some of the most dangerous drivers for close passes and general dickishness to cyclists have MTB's on the back of the cars!
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #35917 on: Thursday, December 9, 2021, 13:21:23 »

Or speed limits  Smiley

Although certain speed limits applying to vans and HGVs can sometimes cause minor annoyance

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman

« Reply #35918 on: Thursday, December 9, 2021, 13:22:48 »

Of course, this is permitted in very limited circumstances
When it happens to me it is never appropriate and is often reported to the police with evidence from my dashcam.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35919 on: Thursday, December 9, 2021, 13:23:09 »

A twat in life is not limited to one mode of transport.
4D Dec 2021
Peter Venkman

« Reply #35920 on: Thursday, December 9, 2021, 13:23:29 »

Although certain speed limits applying to vans and HGVs can sometimes cause minor annoyance
Welcome to the world of the considerate law abding car driver.

JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #35921 on: Thursday, December 9, 2021, 13:24:14 »

When it happens to me it is never appropriate and is often reported to the police with evidence from my dashcam.

Happens quite regularly around here with horses and cyclists travelling below 10 mph

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman

« Reply #35922 on: Thursday, December 9, 2021, 13:26:47 »

Happens quite regularly around here with horses and cyclists travelling below 10 mph
As stated in the previous post if you bother to read it thats never the case when I am overtaken at vast speeds by motorcyclists through solid white lines. I wouldnt report someone overtaking a horse or cyclist, a tractor though and slow moving vans and lorries and for that matter cars....thats not acceptable.

JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #35923 on: Thursday, December 9, 2021, 13:29:54 »

I would be interested to know whether Avon and Somerset police (or, indeed, Devon and Cornwall) take any action as a result of dashcam submissions.

Nothing to see here
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #35924 on: Thursday, December 9, 2021, 13:31:44 »

Always amazed me how many bad drivers there are out especially when everybody considers themselves a good driver

Something doesn稚 add up

Interesting comment but a valid one. Here is my take on it using football as an example. Imagine every drive is a footballer. You have players from Sunday/pub leagues who can play football right through to international standard. For obvious reasons they don't compete in the same leagues even though they play the same game. Drivers are the same, they can all drive, however, they池e allowed to drive on the same roads at the same time.
Pages: 1 ... 2392 2393 2394 [2395] 2396 2397 2398 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: