Pages: 1 ... 2319 2320 2321 [2322] 2323 2324 2325 ... 2661   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5223969 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #34815 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 15:17:19 »

The world has gone fucking PC mad.  I couldn't give a shit if people have a preference to be non-binary, but don't use it as an excuse to look for things to get offended by at every opportunity.  Non-binaries are turning into the new vegans or religious nuts..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #34816 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 15:51:24 »

Does it upset people so much that an automated train announcement is asked to be more inclusive?

Things get better but they never get good
Barry Scott

« Reply #34817 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 15:55:27 »

Years ago I used to get proper wound up by things like that and then I realised life is too short. If people don't like it, I respect their decision and don't use it, it's not causing me any hardship.

On some level I'd prefer they didn't get annoyed, after all, it's only words and commonly used by most and for generations and will take time to change. But for me that's easy to say - I suffer no discrimination, never have and probably never will. I'm a white male. Wielder of all power and have absolutely no fucking right to get all gammony about anything.

EDIT:
Does it upset people so much that an automated train announcement is asked to be more inclusive?

This. Put far better and with a bit less bamboo.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34818 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 15:56:45 »

Wtf is non binary? Its obviously bypassed me. Presume it’s some psycho babble to get yourself noticed.

Why do people pander to such blatant nonsense.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #34819 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 16:00:38 »

It doesn't upset me, it baffles me why people are obsessed with looking for things to be upset by - the clue is in the title of the thread.

If it upsets you that people struggle to understand things or are mildly annoyed by things then I would suggest that this isn't the thread for you..
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 16:02:24 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Flashheart

« Reply #34820 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 16:01:11 »

Why do people pander to such blatant nonsense.

Not understanding something does not automatically make it nonsense.

To be honest, I don't really get it myself but I've stopped beating myself up about not getting it and have stopped trying.

But I do know it makes absolutely zero impact on people's lives (unless they allow it to) so I've no problem with it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34821 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 16:06:55 »

Quote from: Bogus Dave

a bit.

Not this specific thing, but the way the world has shifted to be offended at anything. And the hate mob backlash that can occur because of it.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #34822 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 16:15:38 »

Mmmmmmmm. I’m not sure I agree. I think Barry’s right, and it’s easy to be sheltered and to not appreciate these kinds of arguments as straight white middle age/middle class male (which I’m assuming most users of this website are)

Imagine a bizzarro world where your identity wasn’t recognised or validated, and I think you’d be right to complain

Things get better but they never get good

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34823 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 16:33:26 »

It’s not down to being white, middle aged men, it’s down to being a crock of shit.

Some people put forward some weird beliefs and get ridiculed, others decide to publicise they are fashionably different to the mainstream and the media have to kow tow in fear of the incoming backlash.
Flashheart

« Reply #34824 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 16:38:40 »

How do you know it's a crock of shit, though?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34825 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 16:49:31 »

How do you know David Icke isn’t a Lizard?
Flashheart

« Reply #34826 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 16:52:36 »

How does that answer the question?

It wasn't so long ago people were saying depression is a crock of shot and people were afraid to talk about it. Or gays were accused of being gay because they wanted to be, and so on, and all because people didn't understand and hence decided it was all 'a crock of shit'.
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #34827 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 17:02:00 »

I'm sure it's been on here many times but middle-lane merchants are absolute wankers.

However, the introduction of four lane motorways has changed all that. They are now third lane wankers and have created two motorways in one. I'm sorry to say that I go through on the inside.

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #34828 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 17:07:32 »

The question is, as James O'Brien might say, "what are you so angry about?".  Not meaning anyone on here, I mean rhetorically. What is there to get angry or mildly annoyed about?  The "Gammons" get wound up about anyone trying to support liberalism (I exaggerate to make a point) and, in this instance  - and equally odd to some I suppose - some Transgender folks get upset because they feel excluded. Do they need to really get so wound up?

I tend to agree with Bogus Dave's comment "Imagine a bizzarro world where your identity wasn’t recognised or validated, and I think you’d be right to complain".  Plus "Not this specific thing, but the way the world has shifted to be offended at anything. And the hate mob backlash that can occur because of it."  But the world is evolving, we have to get used to it.

Everything is so polarized now - that is the real problem.  A lot of people think they are right and everyone else is wrong.  I have come to realise life ain't like that and am trying to be less wound up about this kind of thing, whatever "wing" the postion is coming from.

That said - I can't stand Johnson, and I stand by my posts re Hoboben a couple for weeks ago being a rascist/fascist. 

No one kills a thread like me....
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #34829 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 17:07:57 »

I'm sure it's been on here many times but middle-lane merchants are absolute wankers.

However, the introduction of four lane motorways has changed all that. They are now third lane wankers and have created two motorways in one. I'm sorry to say that I go through on the inside.

And this - total wankers.  Good night

No one kills a thread like me....
Pages: 1 ... 2319 2320 2321 [2322] 2323 2324 2325 ... 2661   Go Up
Print
Jump to: